Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Harris slower than ever .. Why.? Will opposing TE's run us ragged again.?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Mo was making tackles that Harris missed. The middle has always been a weakness, I think Rex was willing to give up the middle so to speak so long the front and the back are covered defense is about not allowing points in the end not yards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The truth is that he made a lot more impact plays when Bart Scott was taking on blockers and freeing him up

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The truth is that he made a lot more impact plays when Bart Scott was taking on blockers and freeing him up
    True, but has missed some one on ones, but it is preseason.

I think the reaction is based on last week. He had a really bad game, hopefully, that's all it is. I mean he missed 5 open field tackles and was 2 steps behind everyone he covered. This is fact, not opinion. Lets see this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Coaches comments and reports actually suggest Harris is in better shape this camp than last, and he had a good first preseason game. Davis will be the cover LB most of the time anyway, when safeties aren't picking up RBs and TEs. Harris is a good player. Also, I have read nothing but good things about Pace in camp, including the apparent return of his ability to set the edge. Use him for 50 percent of the snaps to keep his old legs fresh and he should be fine.

Demario Davis has straight line speed but if you watched him this preseason has been worse than David Harris in coverage. I would be more worried about D davis, than David Harris.(he is what he is)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 08-23-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Harris was never a burner but he sure has looked very slow at times.. Even two years ago vs pats in playoffs on his int return.. He is good against run but with teams adopting the hurry up to stop the run/pass subs expose guys like Harris.. He still is still serviceable, but doesn't deserve being 1 of highest paid in league.. Another bad contract by MT.. Not saying I wouldn't want him but many teams cut overpaid vet then re-sign them to on par salary.. Mt love to guarantee everyone, Tone, Sanchez, Harris, ect.. Terrible gm

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I think his lack of speed is causing the missed tackles. He isn't getting to the ball carrier at the best angle. He is still solid but for the money we are paying he is a colossal disappointment. You can't blame the system, for the money he is getting he should be a difference maker.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Demario Davis has straight line speed but if you watched him this preseason has been worse than David Harris in coverage. I would be more worried about D davis, than David Harris.(he is what he is)
    I noticed that Davis takes bad angles and overpusues on many plays. Hopefully this is something he can get batter at.

The linebackers are old and slow.

Just getting it out of the way before the real games start and the *****ing from the board begins.