Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questionable call to rush Geno?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, he would have.

You're confused by Favre and Sanchez. You seriously believe that Rex would have gone G&P with Favre? I know he's your love but Rex smartly went G&P because his QB was incapable of anything more. You see G&P and believe its Rexs philosophy when its what he was reduced to given Sanchezs inexperience. Then after the results when they tried to open it up later.
    Absolutely, and Favre would have fought him all the way. If it wasn't his philosophy , then why did he stick with it for 4 years , why after year 4 did Rex himself comment that he made a mistake on offense and needs them to become more of an attacking offense and lo and behold in come MM & Lee . Rex is one of those defensive minded guys who believe winning football is rooted in defense, Rex and Favre would have been like oil and water. And for the record , I agree with his philosophy somewhat in year one with an inexperienced Sanchez , where Rex & the FO blew a golden opportunity is in 2010, 2011 & 2012 by neglecting the offense and stubbornly sticking to what was successful in year 1. Being a good coach means adapting to the league and to the talent that you have, Rex did neither by forcing his system on the Jets and completely ignoring the fact that the NFL is no longer won by defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You are the worst

You base all of your opinions on the corrupt TMZ media all of whom have agendas

And then you whine about it here on the board

When are you going to wake up?
    When you respond to me with this tone it makes it impossible to have a discussion. I am the "worst" because I criticize the ownership of my team who have been highly unsuccessful two years in a row and have been perceived by many to act in an unprofessional way starting from the HC down.

Got it

The article assumes Sanchez would or could improve with another 2 or 3 quarters, based on experience, there is more chance he could actually get worse

Logical decision to start Geno, low risk, high reward, it's not like a bad game will define or end his career, he is still a rookie in a head to head QB competition

Should be a good test for both the coaching staff and young QB - it's why you have a preseason

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    One of two things will happen: Either Geno will do well and convince everyone that he should start this year, OR the Giants D will pin it's ears back and destroy this kid, messing his head up, making him scared to play, and he'll be Mark Sanchez the 2nd.

We'll know for sure very shortly.
    I think your expectations are way too high/low. There's definitely a middle ground where the Jets staff simply get the chance to further evaluate and test Geno in real live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How the hell is Ivory a hiccup? Because he tweaked a hammy and missed a few weeks of practice? Are you kidding or the ultimate whiner?

No wonder you see the team as clowns.
    We gave up money and I believe draft picks for a guy who has a history of injury problems and really hasn't played much.

Would you call this a great signing so far?

We finally move on from Suckchez with a viable option and people still complain. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    We gave up money and I believe draft picks for a guy who has a history of injury problems and really hasn't played much.

It was a 4th rd pick homey and a 3 year deal they can cut him anytime from. Not exactly highway robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We finally move on from Suckchez with a viable option and people still complain. Unreal.
    If it was David Garrard or someone like him I would agree with you . Rushing a QB who's never played in a WCO and who has 1 total quarter of live NFL experience is a mistake in my opinion.
    I'm not questioning his talent or potential but the hatred for Sanchez is pushing you all to be irrational in your desire to rush Geno, I certainly hope the Jets staff doesn't make this mistake as well.

Geno will play Sanchez will be gone it just doesn't have to happen week 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It was a 4th rd pick homey and a 3 year deal they can cut him anytime from. Not exactly highway robbery.
    We need all the picks we can get that's a good part of the reason we are in this boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We need all the picks we can get that's a good part of the reason we are in this boat.
    If you got a running back who is as good as Ivory with the 4th rd pick that would be considered a successful draft pick. How'd Thomas Jones work out for us? I don't think Ivory will be as good as TJ but I think with Powell they give us a pretty good 1-2 punch at RB. We are in the postion we are in because Sanchez self-destructed last year, the idiot owner wanted Tebowmania in NY, Tanny neglected skill positions in 2012 and Idzik neglected the Safety position in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You do realize we have 12 draft pick next year.

Yes, I am asking our owner to stop acting childish using twitter and Fox News to throw out damaging statements that hurts the team. I want him to act as a professional, like almost all owners who have successful teams in any sport.
    Does posting to twitter really damage the team.,?

And as someone else said its his team.

If you got a running back who is as good as Ivory with the 4th rd pick that would be considered a successful draft pick. How'd Thomas Jones work out for us? I don't think Ivory will be as good as TJ but I think with Powell they give us a pretty good 1-2 punch at RB. We are in the postion we are in because Sanchez self-destructed last year, the idiot owner wanted Tebowmania in NY, Tanny neglected skill positions in 2012 and Idzik neglected the Safety position in 2013.
    Ummmmmmmm. He signed Landry and Jarrett. JAGs maybe but that does not show ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Does posting to twitter really damage the team.,?

And as someone else said its his team.
    People seem to forget the Jim Irsay uses Twitter all the time.

Ivory is a complete unknown at this point .. I am excited to see him play ... But I am praying he's not the running back version of Chaz Schillens ... I.e. always hurt and unavailable.

In NO he was never 'The Man' .. I hope he can become that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think if he performs at about the same level of Mark tonight and then they give Geno the job, then it would be rushing it.

With a qb competition that has so much to do with our direct, and future success, why in the world would an owner who has no football background send out a pic of an individual player "working hard." If I were one of the 53 plus other players I'd be somewhat offended. Last time I looked, football was a team sport.

I'd have no problem if Woody sent out a pic of the entire team or even one of the units with the same message bc the message would be "we are a team and all in this together" But an individual? What Woody did (and does) is continue to divide this team with his ridiculous, childish behavior and meddling.

Must has been a great confidence booster for Sanchez (who may be are starting qb) after seeing that pic from Woody of "Geno working hard"

What if Idzik, Rex, and MM really believe that Sanchez should start but feel hesitant now be they know the guy who is signing their checks and has no professional football coaching knowledge thinks "Geno is really working hard?"
    Lmaooooooo whatttt

Are you really crying about a pic/tweet from the owner of the team because it was of our second round pick? Your going wayyyyyy overboard with that. I feel like your concerned with public perception of the Jets rather than the actual team.

I've read all your posts in your thread and its ALL speculation. What, because Mehta's source of a source of a source heard from a friends fathers nephews former roommate that Woody has a say in team matters you run with it? I doubt Woody has a big say or any say for that matter about who starts. You need to stop reading the Post/DN man.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How many games has he missed?

You know, out of the games the Jets have played?

As many as JPP?

I would love to know how the hell you could ask anyone if it was a good move considering we haven't played a single game yet. Or how you could say its been a bad move for the same reasons. You want to list all the good offseason signings and trades today? That would be idiotic for the same reasons

You have to have more brain and less of an instant gratification mentality.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-24-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    So good yet he is here.

ESPN.com

Thursday, August 22, 2013
    Updated: August 23, 3:40 PM ET
    Questionable call to rush rookie Geno

If Smith pitches a near-perfect game, it'll make Sanchez the highest-paid backup in the league. It would generate a buzz around the team, and Johnson lives for the buzz. But how many championships has that produced?
    This is where the error in Cimini's article is. The Jets are not winning a championship this year regardless of who starts at QB. So this year, buzz is actually important this year, to an extent. The Jets need to discover if Geno can be the guy. So if he plays very well against the Giants and doesn't turn the ball over, then he can start and they can discover whether he's the guy. If he doesn't, start Mark. Its that simple.