Thread: Smith vs. Sanchez

Waterboy

Smith vs. Sanchez

I think way too much is being made of who's starting week 1. I think most of us can agree that this is going to be a non playoff year for the Jets. If Sanchez is going to start in week 1, he will be replaced between 3-6 because Sanchez will fall apart. Also Geno will have time to watch and learn in real game situations. Look back at the way the Giants handled Eli and Warner. I really believe that throwing Smith to the wolves in week 1 benefits no one in the grand scheme of things. Handling a rookie QB is a very delicate situation. If rushed, it could potentially damage that QB for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    I think way too much is being made of who's starting week 1. I think most of us can agree that this is going to be a non playoff year for the Jets. If Sanchez is going to start in week 1, he will be replaced between 3-6 because Sanchez will fall apart. Also Geno will have time to watch and learn in real game situations. Look back at the way the Giants handled Eli and Warner. I really believe that throwing Smith to the wolves in week 1 benefits no one in the grand scheme of things. Handling a rookie QB is a very delicate situation. If rushed, it could potentially damage that QB for the rest of his career.
    GEEZUS! Another thread?! haha!

And what if he proves he can handle it?

Waterboy
    Then I was wrong and we have our QB. We all win!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    GEEZUS! Another thread?! haha!

And what if he proves he can handle it?
    Then we all setup our Geno Smith shrines in our closet and pray to our new overlord daily.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Then we all setup our Geno Smith shrines in our closet and pray to our new overlord daily.
    No, we just have something excited to look forward to. Like a functioning Offense that's not gonna put our D in ridiculous situations.

No, we just have something excited to look forward to. Like a functioning Offense that's not gonna put our D in ridiculous situations.
    ...But, I've already setup my shrine.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Lol.

...But, I've already setup my shrine.
    I don't have my fathead yet

I don't have my fathead yet
    I'll send you my spare.

I'll send you my spare.
    SWAGGALICIOUS!!!

SWAGGALICIOUS!!!