Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Smith vs. Sanchez

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    75

    Smith vs. Sanchez

    I think way too much is being made of who's starting week 1. I think most of us can agree that this is going to be a non playoff year for the Jets. If Sanchez is going to start in week 1, he will be replaced between 3-6 because Sanchez will fall apart. Also Geno will have time to watch and learn in real game situations. Look back at the way the Giants handled Eli and Warner. I really believe that throwing Smith to the wolves in week 1 benefits no one in the grand scheme of things. Handling a rookie QB is a very delicate situation. If rushed, it could potentially damage that QB for the rest of his career.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    I think way too much is being made of who's starting week 1. I think most of us can agree that this is going to be a non playoff year for the Jets. If Sanchez is going to start in week 1, he will be replaced between 3-6 because Sanchez will fall apart. Also Geno will have time to watch and learn in real game situations. Look back at the way the Giants handled Eli and Warner. I really believe that throwing Smith to the wolves in week 1 benefits no one in the grand scheme of things. Handling a rookie QB is a very delicate situation. If rushed, it could potentially damage that QB for the rest of his career.
    GEEZUS! Another thread?! haha!

    And what if he proves he can handle it?

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    75
    Then I was wrong and we have our QB. We all win!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    GEEZUS! Another thread?! haha!

    And what if he proves he can handle it?
    Then we all setup our Geno Smith shrines in our closet and pray to our new overlord daily.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Then we all setup our Geno Smith shrines in our closet and pray to our new overlord daily.
    No, we just have something excited to look forward to. Like a functioning Offense that's not gonna put our D in ridiculous situations.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    No, we just have something excited to look forward to. Like a functioning Offense that's not gonna put our D in ridiculous situations.
    ...But, I've already setup my shrine.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,235
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Then we all setup our Geno Smith shrines in our closet and pray to our new overlord daily.
    Lol.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    ...But, I've already setup my shrine.
    I don't have my fathead yet

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I don't have my fathead yet
    I'll send you my spare.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'll send you my spare.
    SWAGGALICIOUS!!!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    SWAGGALICIOUS!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us