Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm no fan of the Snackchez....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm no fan of the Snackchez....

but what the Jets did to him tonight was total bush-league, horrible coaching, you name it.

To throw him out there behind that crap offensive line, it's no wonder why he got hurt. Embarrassing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, wtf were they thinking? I'm no Sanchez fan either but it was almost like they were throwing the lamb to the slaughter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one get this move - I CANNOT WAIT to see what they say on this one. The LOLJETS circus continues.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    SOJFO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best QB on team = Matt Simms

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez should have been playing 3rd string a long time ago. I have no sympathy for this overpaid douche bag. Turn the page on this dude and be done with him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel bad for him. If he's done for the year, his career in NY may be over. I'm not upset about that per se, but his entire career was railroaded by horrendous coaching.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My conspiracy theory hat says they threw him out there in hopes he would look worse so they could start Geno. but I don;t think Rex is that smart.
    It was just a dumb move, and for once I agree with the media giving him crap about it.

The whole situation is embarassing to the organization and to the fans.
    If there was any chance Rex would survive the season, I think this ruined it for him.

Hell I want Geno to start eventually but he looked like crap and undeserving of the nod too....this is going to be a long season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also please ensure I no longer post on the Strip ever again.
    Thankee

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    My conspiracy theory hat says they threw him out there in hopes he would look worse so they could start Geno. but I don;t think Rex is that smart.
    It was just a dumb move, and for once I agree with the media giving him crap about it.

The whole situation is embarassing to the organization and to the fans.
    If there was any chance Rex would survive the season, I think this ruined it for him.

Hell I want Geno to start eventually but he looked like crap and undeserving of the nod too....this is going to be a long season.
    I thought that too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all the grief that Sanchez has received (some well-earned), he didn't deserve this shabby treatment. Especially if the reports stating that he thought he wasn't playing at all are true.

Also, Smith is not the answer at QB. As bad as Sanchez has been, he's never looked as tentative and overwhelmed as Smith did last night, even as a rookie. That safety was amateur hour even for an amateur.

What's nice about all of this is that it means I won't have Jets football worth watching and thereby distracting me from studying.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that he shouldn't have been out there. But if he doesn't get hurt this isn't half the deal that its been made out to be.

I also agree that Smith was an atrocity. Well atrocity maybe harsh but it was bad. I said it in February and last fall when Geno was still at West Virginia, he is not an NFL-caliber quarterback. What no one points out, is that it's not his fault. What the "experts" continue to not point out is that not one quarterback that played in a spread offense in college has gone on to have any kind of success in the NFL (RG III pending and let's be honest he has the physical tools and intangibles that far surpass any systemic limitations). The spread is designed to use horizontal space and quick reads/sight adjustments based on the opponents leverage/personnel match-ups. I would venture to guess more often than not, a spread quarterback knows where the ball is going before the snap. Which would translate into the NFL as a quarterback staring down his receivers (as reported by Prince Akumara). That of course leads to many interceptions. The other issue comes with the use of the horizontal space. NFL defenders are fast enough to cover said horizontal space far more effectively than college defenders. Think about why SEC teams run more pro-style offenses with the likes of LSU and Alabama defenses. There's also a quirk with his throwing motion that I can't quite put my finger on.

It has at this point, become impressive at how this entire franchise cannot seem to do anything to get out of its own way. It's one comedy of errors after another.

Sorry to put so much football here. I know that's frowned upon in this establishment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    I agree that he shouldn't have been out there. But if he doesn't get hurt this isn't half the deal that its been made out to be.

I also agree that Smith was an atrocity. Well atrocity maybe harsh but it was bad. I said it in February and last fall when Geno was still at West Virginia, he is not an NFL-caliber quarterback. What no one points out, is that it's not his fault. What the "experts" continue to not point out is that not one quarterback that played in a spread offense in college has gone on to have any kind of success in the NFL (RG III pending and let's be honest he has the physical tools and intangibles that far surpass any systemic limitations). The spread is designed to use horizontal space and quick reads/sight adjustments based on the opponents leverage/personnel match-ups. I would venture to guess more often than not, a spread quarterback knows where the ball is going before the snap. Which would translate into the NFL as a quarterback staring down his receivers (as reported by Prince Akumara). That of course leads to many interceptions. The other issue comes with the use of the horizontal space. NFL defenders are fast enough to cover said horizontal space far more effectively than college defenders. Think about why SEC teams run more pro-style offenses with the likes of LSU and Alabama defenses. There's also a quirk with his throwing motion that I can't quite put my finger on.

It has at this point, become impressive at how this entire franchise cannot seem to do anything to get out of its own way. It's one comedy of errors after another.

Sorry to put so much football here. I know that's frowned upon in this establishment.
    Not as much as it is on the Strip.

Good post, agree on pretty much all of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Relevant

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Also please ensure I no longer post on the Strip ever again.
    Thankee
    +1

I don't want to live on this Pfail anymore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Best QB on team = Matt Simms

Thats how I see it right now.

Sadly, the league doesn't work that way.

Depth Chart: Sanchez/Smith/McElroy. Simms gets cut.

SOJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    For all the grief that Sanchez has received (some well-earned), he didn't deserve this shabby treatment. Especially if the reports stating that he thought he wasn't playing at all are true.
    This.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen you basteeds....If I wanted to read about the loljets I'd go to a loljets fan site

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was the best thing to come out of that presser

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rexing is the new Tebowing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post

So, to be clear. The Jets drafted a QB high in the second round even though he wasn't going to be capable of being an NFL QB and you knew this but the rest of NFL scouts?