Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm no fan of the Snackchez....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Sanchez should have been playing 3rd string a long time ago. I have no sympathy for this overpaid douche bag. Turn the page on this dude and be done with him.
    +pick6

Geno has an excuse - he's a rookie. Snatchez does not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So, to be clear. The Jets drafted a QB high in the second round even though he wasn't going to be capable of being an NFL QB and you knew this but the rest of NFL scouts?

Let's not get all footbally up in here now

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So, to be clear. The Jets drafted a QB high in the second round even though he wasn't going to be capable of being an NFL QB and you knew this but the rest of NFL scouts?
    He was the only guy with legs in an azz-kicking competition. They felt they needed a quarterback. If he was such a good prospect, why did the Bills take EJ Manuel first? OK maybe a bad example because it is the Bills after-all.

The draft also has a history of teams doing strange things. Vince Young was the 3rd overall pick. Tim Tebow was picked 22. Remember when Jimmy Clauson, the best recruit of his high school class, the guy that was going to be better than Brady Quinn, went in the second round? I'd be fairly comfortable betting that had the LOLJets not taken him in the second, he still would have been there in the third.

Ask me why Dawan Landry is going to be a liability in the run game all year long. Or how every team should run at Calvin Pace. Remember two drafts ago when people here were screaming from the rooftops for Courtney Upshaw? I wasn't. I'm not a scout or professional analyst or anything like that, but I promise I know more football than A LOT of people. Translate to your average JI Mensa member, well I think that qualifies me just fine.

Lightbulb Steve Serby kills Rex in NY Post article

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I feel bad for him. If he's done for the year, his career in NY may be over. I'm not upset about that per se, but his entire career was railroaded by horrendous coaching.
    My sentiments for a long time. Hiring Rex Ryan was the first mistake. His success in 2009-10 was built on the hard nosed left over

Mangini players. Thom Jones; Damien woody, J.Cotchery brad Smith... etc. when rex brought in his own

players, they were not as disciplined, nor as good or as tough. Cavanaugh was a lousy QB coach. Sparano was a disaster.

...Read Steve Serby's column today in the NYPOST.COM. He absolutely kills Ryan.