Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex SHOULD be fired for this

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex SHOULD be fired for this

Stop embarrassing yourself and all Jets fans everywhere.

How the **** do you put in your opening day starter out there with 3rd stringers trying to win a game that doesn't mean anything.

It had to be intentional. Rex just killed his best chance of surviving this season.
    Last edited by Fishooked; 08-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fired for what? Just because our backup QB got injured? So what? Injuries happen in football and New Yorkers need to calm the hell down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah .. At least we got to see the starter in the 4th quarter...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game is the battle for New York, a game for at least a years worth of bragging rights. Far more than a meaningless preseason game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is in over his head and has been for years.....he floundered in the press conference after the game...press was very hostile to him....the love affair between Rex and the media is now definitely over

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Mark Sanchez are u serious?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet. But IMO he doesn't finish the season. He fails miserably at game management and putting Sanchez in with the backups falls under that as well as some other things.

This presser might be a turning point in his relationship with the media. They openly went after him hard. Didn't hide behind columns with unnamed sauces. Pig is ripe.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Fired for what? Just because our backup QB got injured? So what? Injuries happen in football and New Yorkers need to calm the hell down.
    Exactly. Maybe Rex wanted Geno to play. Nobody wanted Sanchez to get hurt but who really cares??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are all u dopes from the "rex is better then coughlin" thread? Hahahahahaha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    This game is the battle for New York, a game for at least a years worth of bragging rights. Far more than a meaningless preseason game.
    Please be trolling. Please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the mods already closed a SIMILAR STUPID DUMBASS THREAD....

Here's another one.

If Rex gets canned for this, who is going to be the Head Coach?

IDZIK?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Rex is in over his head and has been for years.....he floundered in the press conference after the game...press was very hostile to him....the love affair between Rex and the media is now definitely over
    He sounded insane...

His rationale is silly...

Everyone competes you don't put even your second string back up in situations like that!!!

A MORON!!

But those booing Sanchez getting up will get their wish!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Please be trolling. Please.
    Not at all.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are all assuming that Sanchez was going to be named the starter. If that was the case then there is no way they put Sanchez in. It's already been established that Rex isn't pulling the strings on the QB situation. Maybe Rex knowing that Geno is the front man for the job wanted Mark to go in there and light it up to give him another chance to be the starter. One game didn't decide this competition and it's silly to think that. It is about the entirety of the competition, not just one moment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    It was pretty evident based on play in the preseason that Sanchez would start week#1. I'm not a fan of him either but to get thrown out there with 3rd stringers on the offensive line? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not yet. But IMO he doesn't finish the season. He fails miserably at game management and putting Sanchez in with the backups falls under that as well as some other things.

This presser might be a turning point in his relationship with the media. They openly went after him hard. Didn't hide behind columns with unnamed sauces. Pig is ripe.

If anything he should get fired for the way he did the presser. Pretty ermbarassaing - like he knew he ****ed up big time but tried to bluster his way out of it 'This is America, I can say whatever I want. I can even say it standing sideways." proceeeds to stand sideways and talk

FACEPALM

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one who hates Sanchez, should complain about Rex putting MS in at that point in the game. Most of you feel he's not a good backup even so isn't he who you'd put in late. 3rd stringer and all
    Im disappointed in the decision and hope MS is okay, but I'm not ready to hang Rex for it.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marty. Just sayin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

If anything he should get fired for the way he did the presser. Pretty ermbarassaing - like he knew he ****ed up big time but tried to bluster his way out of it 'This is America, I can say whatever I want. I can even say it standing sideways." proceeeds to stand sideways and talk

FACEPALM
    That might become his "you play to win the game" moment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh child please. It's football. I am sure the coaches wanted to see more from Sanchez and I am sure Sanchez wanted to get in the game. It's Sanchez's call on both those plays to stretch things out to try and make a play. No crying in football.

And despite Geno's mistakes - he still showed me enough to think he can start. Win - not so sure. But he made some good reads, some very accurate throws and executed the screen play better than Mark ever has. Geno at the very least has all the makings of a guy who can come in and be the game manager that Sanchez never was. Geno seemed timid at times but his arm talent alone (power/accuracy) puts him a cut above other 2-nd stringers.

I'd prefer to have Mark start and not throw Geno to the wolves - but I am going to internet-whine about it? Nah.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Simms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD