Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Rex SHOULD be fired for this

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Who cares about Sanchez he wont even be in a jet after this season. Sanchez will be playing with 3rd stringers next year so he might as well get used to it now. Rex did nothing wrong .
    It is comments like yours in bold that reveal why we are the WORST fan base in the NFL!!!!!

A man who has started for your team gets hurt not committing some crime but trying to get your team to win and this is what you come up with...

Hernandez of NE committed cold blooded murders and he is treated better by Pats fans!!!

Good Grief!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You have no problem with the INT's? Of course not. Because it's not Sanchez.

Sorry but at this point in time, I have very little confidence in Geno as the starter.
    So am I. He will struggle at first, no question about it.
    But he has a chance to be a QB, who will bring Jets to the promised land. Sanchez does not.
    Sorry if a chance to have 8-8 season does not excite me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It is comments like yours in bold that reveal why we are the WORST fan base in the NFL!!!!!

A man who has started for your team gets hurt not committing some crime but trying to get your team to win and this is what you come up with...

Hernandez of NE committed cold blooded murders and he is treated better by Pats fans!!!

Good Grief!!!
    To be fair, I'd be ok with Sanchez pulling a Hernandez here and there if he played well.

#yoloswag

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Good Grief!!!
    If by worst you mean THIRD BEST then I agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but at this point in time, I have very little confidence in Geno as the starter.
    If you can't tell the difference between Geno's INTs (balls thrown to Jet receivers that should've been thrown, but slightly off-target and poorly timed) and Mark's mental blackout pick-6 lobs to defensive linemen, then you aren't qualified to school anybody here. Sorry to shock you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a ton of confidence in Geno as a starter, but I have zero confidence in Sanchez as a starter anymore. Rex's decision definitely was a bad one because we needed a backup and now he is hurt. Simms played with the same trash and won the game for us. The last hit on Sanchez was his fault because he should have dumped the ball into the 20th row.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If by worst you mean THIRD BEST then I agree.
    You're actually taking that study seriously?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Freaking great, 8-8. So Jets will seat next season without any idea about their QB, wothout knowing can Geno start or not and without any shot on top QB in a draft.. Please explain me where I should be excited?
    Bingo! Exactly right. Let's see what Geno can do before next year's deep QB draft for the most important position on the field. Once again, I am a Sanchez supporter too. But I am a Jets fan first. Time to move on before next year's crucial draft with talent at the QB position. If it means we go 4-12, so be it. At least we can evaluate Geno for an entire season and then explore our options.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Bingo! Exactly right. Let's see what Geno can do before next year's deep QB draft for the most important position on the field. Once again, I am a Sanchez supporter too. But I am a Jets fan first. Time to move on before next year's crucial draft with talent at the QB position. If it means we go 4-12, so be it. At least we can evaluate Geno for an entire season and then explore our options.
    agreed ... It's important to know what Geno and Simms really are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No. Papa didn't say it was "right."

My quotes in my post are word for word what each guy said. I copied it straight from the broadcast.

No offense. But I honestly can't believe your "quotes" from others unless you actually post links to the quotes.
    Personally I could care less who believes or doesnt believe what I post.

You don't want to believe me because I used Papa thought it was right instead of they were trying to give him work? OK, good for you, my take was it was OK with Papa to put him in, that he understood why they put him in...he wasn't the one who broached the topic, thought it was an issue, that was Banks.

I'm not going back, re watching and giving word for word playback, my point is valid. You can take it for what its worth or not.

This is supposed to be fun Jordy, lighten up already, its not a test or supposed to be a friggen drudgery.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-25-2013 at 08:53 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between Geno's INTs (balls thrown to Jet receivers that should've been thrown, but slightly off-target and poorly timed) and Mark's mental blackout pick-6 lobs to defensive linemen, then you aren't qualified to school anybody here. Sorry to shock you.
    LOL. Okay.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Personally I could care less who believes or doesnt believe what I post.

You don't want to believe me because I used Papa thought it was right instead of they were trying to give him work? OK, good for you, my take was it was OK with Papa to put him in, that he understood why they put him in...he wasn't the one who broached the topic, thought it was an issue, that was Banks.

I'm not going back, re watching and giving word for word playback, my point is valid. You can take it for what its worth or not.

This is supposed to be fun Jordy, lighten up already, its not a test or supposed to be a friggen drudgery.
    What bothers me is that some of you can't see that Rex Ryan is not qualified to be a HEAD coach.

It's as simple as that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I don't have a ton of confidence in Geno as a starter, but I have zero confidence in Sanchez as a starter anymore. Rex's decision definitely was a bad one because we needed a backup and now he is hurt. Simms played with the same trash and won the game for us. The last hit on Sanchez was his fault because he should have dumped the ball into the 20th row.
    He completed a pass for a 1st down. Hard to criticize that.

It's funny, just Thursday night, Jon Gruden was talking about how Montana was trained to roll out to his right and Steve Young to roll out to his left in order to protect their respective throwing shoulders. Very ironic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He completed a pass for a 1st down. Hard to criticize that.

It's funny, just Thursday night, Jon Gruden was talking about how Montana was trained to roll out to his right and Steve Young to roll out to his left in order to protect their respective throwing shoulders. Very ironic.
    I know he completed a nice pass, but he knew 3 guys were chasing him and if he didn't then he deserved to get drilled.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know he completed a nice pass, but he knew 3 guys were chasing him and if he didn't then he deserved to get drilled.
    And if he threw it 20 yards out of bounds with a WR open for a 1st down, he would have been blasted for doing that. He can't do anything right with some of you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if he threw it 20 yards out of bounds with a WR open for a 1st down, he would have been blasted for doing that. He can't do anything right with some of you.
    Probably. Not with me. He just doesn't have a feel for what's going on most of the time. I respect him for making the play, but fault him for getting hit.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably. Not with me. He just doesn't have a feel for what's going on most of the time. I respect him for making the play, but fault him for getting hit.
    Well, many many people put the blame on Ryan. Myself included.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What bothers me is that some of you can't see that Rex Ryan is not qualified to be a HEAD coach.

It's as simple as that.
    His first two years says you're the one whos wrong and we should be bothered with the constant call to fire a HC when a season doesn't go the way we like. That people don't seem to understand that the best teams have continuity in their coaching staffs. He has issues but they can be addressed. BB and a whole lot of coaches wouldn't be working sidelines if GMs had the same shortsightedness of fans.

He proved that with decent talent he can win. That he can get to the playoffs. Can win on the road. Can win 4 games as an underdog in each game.

And thats a good thing.

And none of this has squat to do with what Papa said.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    His first two years says you're the one whos wrong and we should be bothered with the constant call to fire a HC when a season doesn't go the way we like. That people don't seem to understand that the best teams have continuity in their coaching staffs. He has issues but they can be addressed. BB and a whole lot of coaches wouldn't be working sidelines if GMs had the same shortsightedness of fans.

He proved that with decent talent he can win. That he can get to the playoffs. Can win on the road. Can win 4 games as an underdog in each game.

And thats a good thing.

And none of this has squat to do with what Papa said.
    Dude. Bob Papa? Seriously? The reason I haven't delved further into that is because you're trying to somehow justify Rex' decision based on an off the cuff comment by Bob Papa?

I heard the exchange. Papa said it because Banks put him on the spot and it was the only explanation he could come up with. Not because he had some inside information or was making some astute observation or analysis. So far, the vast majority of former players (not the Bob Papa's of the world) are questioning the move.

I know you will defend whatever Rex does to the death but please stop with the Bob Papa thing. LOL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait , so now its his fault for getting hit - are you people freaking insane. On top of it it was a late hit that wasn't flagged.