Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 204

Thread: Sanchez health update.....

  1. #181
    duplicate
    Last edited by houyx; 08-25-2013 at 09:48 PM.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Please if Sanchez put up the kind of half that Geno did , he would have needed a police escort to leave the building.
    Geno's game last night was abysmal. Let's be real , point is everyone knows Sanchez is on borrowed time, but there's no reason to put a raw rookie out there to get slaughtered.
    DC's don't even have film on him yet, do you think they'll take a look at last night's game and be ready for him if he's chosen as starter.

    His time will come, no need to rush him just because the fans are sick of Sanchez.
    Oh please, you sound like a Sanchez apologist.

    Learn 2 things please. One is called context. The second is called 'past body of work'.

    Eli Manning had a terrible night last night..... almost as bad as Geno.

    Why wasn't Eli or Geno escorted out the stadium? Because of context and past body of work.

    Eli is a 2 time superbowl champ. Geno is a rookie who made some rookie mistakes.

    Sanchez had a terrible season last year, in his 4th year in the league. Sanchez's body of work has been getting worse every year and he has no good excuse like being new to the league like Geno does.

  3. #183
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 1m
    Was told Sanchez does have bruising in shoulder but it's a symptom of the injury, not the actual injury. Not just a bruise, in other words

    And there ya go!
    That makes a little more sense. "Bruising" a joint doesn't really mean much of anything medically speaking.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Oh please, you sound like a Sanchez apologist.

    Learn 2 things please. One is called context. The second is called 'past body of work'.

    Eli Manning had a terrible night last night..... almost as bad as Geno.

    Why wasn't Eli or Geno escorted out the stadium? Because of context and past body of work.

    Eli is a 2 time superbowl champ. Geno is a rookie who made some rookie mistakes.

    Sanchez had a terrible season last year, in his 4th year in the league. Sanchez's body of work has been getting worse every year and he has no good excuse like being new to the league like Geno does.
    And you sound just like another hypocrite , who can call out Sanchez for his past play , but when Geno plays awful , the excuses fly from all directions.

    Look we all understand Geno is a rookie and he's raw at best, which is why a bunch of us here feel he needs to sit and learn - what's so hard to understand.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Oh please, you sound like a Sanchez apologist.

    Learn 2 things please. One is called context. The second is called 'past body of work'.

    Eli Manning had a terrible night last night..... almost as bad as Geno.

    Why wasn't Eli or Geno escorted out the stadium? Because of context and past body of work.

    Eli is a 2 time superbowl champ. Geno is a rookie who made some rookie mistakes.

    Sanchez had a terrible season last year, in his 4th year in the league. Sanchez's body of work has been getting worse every year and he has no good excuse like being new to the league like Geno does.
    Because the FO neglected the O-line every year since. This is the first time in 2 years that the O-line has improved in pass protection AND a decent OC has been hired. Now Sanchez is nowhere near elite BUT he is more than serviceable given such improvements.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And you sound just like another hypocrite , who can call out Sanchez for his past play , but when Geno plays awful , the excuses fly from all directions.

    Look we all understand Geno is a rookie and he's raw at best, which is why a bunch of us here feel he needs to sit and learn - what's so hard to understand.
    Tell that to Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman who both started as rookies. They both played like crap as rookies but learned, improved and became HOF'ers.

    I'm not saying Geno will become as good as Manning or Aikman but sometimes you have to put the rookies out there for them to learn (while also teaching them in between games).

    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Because the FO neglected the O-line every year since. This is the first time in 2 years that the O-line has improved in pass protection AND a decent OC has been hired. Now Sanchez is nowhere near elite BUT he is more than serviceable given such improvements.
    After the Jets got rid of Wayne Hunter, the Jets OL wasn't that bad last year. But I will admit, the OC did suck.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Tell that to Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman who both started as rookies. They both played like crap as rookies but learned, improved and became HOF'ers.

    I'm not saying Geno will become as good as Manning or Aikman but sometimes you have to put the rookies out there for them to learn (while also teaching them in between games).





    After the Jets got rid of Wayne Hunter, the Jets OL wasn't that bad last year. But I will admit, the OC did suck.
    Really that's argument - Both Manning and Aikman were the overall #1 draft picks out of major college conferences where they played in pro style offenses and in addition both of those teams had gone 3-13 the previous season.
    And you want to compare those situations to that of Geno Smith - Wow .

  8. #188
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,850
    Cowboys had three straight $hit years with Aikman and collected all their SB talent.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Really that's argument - Both Manning and Aikman were the overall #1 draft picks out of major college conferences where they played in pro style offenses and in addition both of those teams had gone 3-13 the previous season.
    And you want to compare those situations to that of Geno Smith - Wow .
    And the Jets went 6-10 last season (vs 3-13 for Aikman and Manning) so there is even more room for error for Geno.

    Also, there have been many examples of rookies starting right off the bat.... Tannehill, Gibbert, Dalton, Newton, Wilson, RG3, Luck. The list goes on and on.

    So what's your point again?

  10. #190
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Please if Sanchez put up the kind of half that Geno did , he would have needed a police escort to leave the building.
    Geno's game last night was abysmal. Let's be real , point is everyone knows Sanchez is on borrowed time, but there's no reason to put a raw rookie out there to get slaughtered.
    DC's don't even have film on him yet, do you think they'll take a look at last night's game and be ready for him if he's chosen as starter.

    His time will come, no need to rush him just because the fans are sick of Sanchez.
    If any of this sh1t was true there wouldn't have been a Sanchez anywhere near the stadium. He would long ago have been escorted out of the country.

    That you find it necessary to go overboard in your criticism of Geno to try and make your man-crush look better is telling.

    Geno did something last night that Sanchez is incapable of doing. He shook off the 3 picks and was able to put together a scoring drive. He may have screwed up a handful of plays but at least he didn't look like a lost dog out there.

    We're sick of Sanchez because of his body of work. At this point Geno and Sanchez don't look much different than each other. At least Geno has the potential to improve. Mark is what he is, we've seen that movie before.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Cowboys had three straight $hit years with Aikman and collected all their SB talent.
    Yeah that the difference between New York fans vs fans in almost every other city. Fans in almost every other city have patience, New Yorkers have none and know nothing about context and development.

    A lot of that has to do with NY being the only market with 2 teams in all the major sports. The NY media eats this dynamic up and plays divide and conquer, riles up the fanbase to gain ratings.

    NY media bashing the Jets? Well at least we have the Giants.
    NY media bashing the Mets? At least we have the Yankees.
    NY media bashing the Nets? At least we have the Knicks.

    Dallas only has the Cowboys, there is no other football team in Dallas. They also have only 1 baseball team (Rangers) and one basketball team (Mavericks).

    So if their teams sucks then well, time to focus on another hobby. Their press doesn't get super cynical and negative like the NY press does.
    Last edited by houyx; 08-25-2013 at 10:56 PM.

  12. #192
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And you sound just like another hypocrite , who can call out Sanchez for his past play , but when Geno plays awful , the excuses fly fromtt all directions.

    Look we all understand Geno is a rookie and he's raw at best, which is why a bunch of us here feel he needs to sit and learn - what's so hard to understand.
    Listen it is history repeating itself!!!!

    You see when a group of us were begging the Jets not to put in a raw rookie in Sanchez, we were pounded with "what the heck did we know."

    Indeed many of us said it would take Sanchez at least FOUR years to be ready.... Many of these same posters later pointed to the Jets making the championship game as proof as that the Jets knew what they were doing. WHEN THEY CLEARLY DIDN'T!!!

    Now some of these same posters are saying Sanchez did nothing when in fact posters WARNED them Sanchez was not ready to carry a team.

    Now ONCE AGAIN a core group of these same type of fans are saying the same thing regarding Smith and these same jokers are using the EXACT same arguments that were made concerning Sanchez...

    And if history repeats they will be the very same ones sending Smith hate mail in the next three years and eventually cheering his injuries....

    INSANITY!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-25-2013 at 10:56 PM.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Darn Right I am serious. Now, I'm not saying that Geno is Brady. Just that he's going to turn into a much better QB than Sanchez and we'll see the results towards the second half of the year. He may not be Brady; which is a once in a decade player but he will be a solid franchise QB for a long time.

    People don't realize that Geno had a very good game last night. He made one technical QB mistake: He stared down his receivers. That's why Amukamara and Tuck were able to get the picks. The one bad throw was the overthrow to Winslow where he tried to rifle it and it came out high. That's it, one bad throw. As soon as Geno learns not to telegraph is passes people will not jump the routes and the picks will go away. I guarantee you that Geno works on this during the next few weeks and his play improves.
    He was like 16-30 3int

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If any of this sh1t was true there wouldn't have been a Sanchez anywhere near the stadium. He would long ago have been escorted out of the country.

    That you find it necessary to go overboard in your criticism of Geno to try and make your man-crush look better is telling.

    Geno did something last night that Sanchez is incapable of doing. He shook off the 3 picks and was able to put together a scoring drive. He may have screwed up a handful of plays but at least he didn't look like a lost dog out there.

    We're sick of Sanchez because of his body of work. At this point Geno and Sanchez don't look much different than each other. At least Geno has the potential to improve. Mark is what he is, we've seen that movie before.
    What does it matter to you , as long as it does not involve your mancrush Rex.

    Yeah Geno shook off 3 picks had a scoring drive and then took a safety by stepping out of the back of the endzone , your right he did something that Sanchez isn't even capable of.

    I'm realistic about Geno, he has talent that needs more time to be developed. Maybe some of you need to realize that for all of the past "sins" Sanchez is judged by maybe just maybe the CS and environment had a factor.

  15. #195
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Cowboys had three straight $hit years with Aikman and collected all their SB talent.
    Cowboys went 1-15 in Aikman's rookie year and the only they game they won Aikman was on the bench. And he was benched b.c of performance.

  16. #196
    Russell Wilson and Kaepernick can start right away and lead their teams to the playoffs. Geno runs out of the endzone. C'mon give me a break. The Geno love is starting to turn into Tebowism. Logic gets thrown out the window. What nonsense.

    Geno was BPA at the time Jets drafted. That's it , nothing more.
    Last edited by aagarcia; 08-25-2013 at 11:09 PM.

  17. #197
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,725
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Tell that to Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman who both started as rookies. They both played like crap as rookies but learned, improved and became HOF'ers.

    I'm not saying Geno will become as good as Manning or Aikman but sometimes you have to put the rookies out there for them to learn (while also teaching them in between games).
    They were allowed to learn and fail, while Sanchez was expected to bring home a Superbowl in his rookie season. Bit of a difference in expectations and everything else that resulted from it.

  18. #198
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    What does it matter to you , as long as it does not involve your mancrush Rex.

    Yeah Geno shook off 3 picks had a scoring drive and then took a safety by stepping out of the back of the endzone , your right he did something that Sanchez isn't even capable of.

    I'm realistic about Geno, he has talent that needs more time to be developed. Maybe some of you need to realize that for all of the past "sins" Sanchez is judged by maybe just maybe the CS and environment had a factor.
    So lets get this straight, you keep making excuses for your boy by blaming all his shortcomings on the HC.

    If someone doesn't agree, it means they have a mancrush on that coach.

    Hate to break this to you, Mark has 2 picks this preseason, Geno has 3. Throw in 1 or is it 2 fumbles for Mark. There isn't a whole lot of difference between the 2. Geno did it against the Giants, all 3 against starters. That you dont see where a rookie in his first start making the same mistakes as a 5th year pro isn't as big a knock on the rook as it is the 5th year starter is amazing.

    Stop making excuses, sometimes the player just sucks. Even if you love him.

  19. #199
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They were allowed to learn and fail, while Sanchez was expected to bring home a Superbowl in his rookie season. Bit of a difference in expectations and everything else that resulted from it.
    Nonsense, going into the season no one expected Sanchez to bring home a Superbowl. Expectations were higher for sure but not a Superbowl.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Stop making excuses, sometimes the player just sucks. Even if you love him.
    And time will tell just how many Jet QBs this phrase relates to . . .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us