Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 204

Thread: Sanchez health update.....

  1. #161

  2. #162
    So you guys are happy that Sanchez isn't done for the season?


  3. #163
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,359
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    So you guys are happy that Sanchez isn't done for the season?

    He's our best option at the moment. I root for the team, so yes, I'm happy he's okay

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    So you guys are happy that Sanchez isn't done for the season?

    Anyone who thought he was done for the season were kidding themselves. However, him being out of commission for a few weeks is very possible.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Anyone who thought he was done for the season were kidding themselves. However, him being out of commission for a few weeks is very possible.
    Yeah, I would guess he misses the start of the season and a couple of weeks after that.

  6. #166
    Great news...no arguing Mark isnt tough...if it was Pennington that took that hit his arm would've went into 4th row of lower end zone....just sayin...

  7. #167
    Just cut the scrub already...

    Mcelroy and Simms are decent enough backups

  8. #168
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 1m
    Was told Sanchez does have bruising in shoulder but it's a symptom of the injury, not the actual injury. Not just a bruise, in other words

    And there ya go!

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    So it's a QB competition where you can't compare the QBs?
    Who the hell said anything about the competition? I was referring to fans defending either QB.

    > Geno makes a rookie mistake
    Sanchez fans: "OHH, SO IT'S ONLY OK WHEN GENO DOES IT!?"

    That train of thought is very flawed because one is a rookie making rookie mistakes while the other is a 5th year veteran starter making rookie mistakes.

    #yoloswag

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Who the hell said anything about the competition? I was referring to fans defending either QB.

    > Geno makes a rookie mistake
    Sanchez fans: "OHH, SO IT'S ONLY OK WHEN GENO DOES IT!?"

    That train of thought is very flawed because one is a rookie making rookie mistakes while the other is a 5th year veteran starter making rookie mistakes.

    #yoloswag
    This is very difficult to understand.

    Despite Sanchez's nice drives and throws here and there, he seems to make one or two catastrophic mistakes per game.

    After playing and starting in over 70 NFL games, 6 in the playoffs.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Who the hell said anything about the competition? I was referring to fans defending either QB.

    > Geno makes a rookie mistake
    Sanchez fans: "OHH, SO IT'S ONLY OK WHEN GENO DOES IT!?"

    That train of thought is very flawed because one is a rookie making rookie mistakes while the other is a 5th year veteran starter making rookie mistakes.

    #yoloswag
    Quit the nonsense. You could tell even with the occasional mistake that Sanchez was beginning to flourish under MM's scheme. Geno has no place as a starting quarterback at this present time. Enough.

  12. #172
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 1m
    Was told Sanchez does have bruising in shoulder but it's a symptom of the injury, not the actual injury. Not just a bruise, in other words

    And there ya go!
    I just don't know what to expect anymore. Looks like we will just have to wait and see how things play out. If the Jets do not work out any QBs this week, it probably means they are not too concerned about Sanchez injury. I just cant see them going into the season with 3 QBs with 1 NFL start among them.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 1m
    Was told Sanchez does have bruising in shoulder but it's a symptom of the injury, not the actual injury. Not just a bruise, in other words

    And there ya go!
    By who?

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    By who?
    No clue, but Brian is a very good reporter.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I just don't know what to expect anymore. Looks like we will just have to wait and see how things play out. If the Jets do not work out any QBs this week, it probably means they are not too concerned about Sanchez injury. I just cant see them going into the season with 3 QBs with 1 NFL start among them.
    I disagree, there is no one worth bringing in, and if Sanchez cannot start, just let Geno learn through expirence.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thats not the question.

    Its whether Geno at this point can play as well as Sanchez. Geno looked amazingly like most of Sanchezs games last night. Actually looked better. Was able to bounce back, lead the team to a nice TD drive after 3 turnovers/

    Anyone here who would have thought for a second that Mark wouldn't have thrown at least another INT in the second half and a goose egg on the scoreboard? Going into a shell and continuing to play like sh1t after a poor start is a Sanchez trademark.
    Please if Sanchez put up the kind of half that Geno did , he would have needed a police escort to leave the building.
    Geno's game last night was abysmal. Let's be real , point is everyone knows Sanchez is on borrowed time, but there's no reason to put a raw rookie out there to get slaughtered.
    DC's don't even have film on him yet, do you think they'll take a look at last night's game and be ready for him if he's chosen as starter.

    His time will come, no need to rush him just because the fans are sick of Sanchez.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Quit the nonsense. You could tell even with the occasional mistake that Sanchez was beginning to flourish under MM's scheme. Geno has no place as a starting quarterback at this present time. Enough.
    This.

  18. #178
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I disagree, there is no one worth bringing in, and if Sanchez cannot start, just let Geno learn through expirence.
    I would have no problem letting Geno get the start week 1 - especially if Sanchez is unable to go. If he is going to start, I would prefer to see an experienced backup. I know the pickings are slim, but you don't know who might be cut in the next few days.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez has a bruised right shoulder joint, per league source.

    So the Jets got off lucky.
    Good news.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    But if Sanchez isn't healthy enough to play week 1 (which they may not know by the Eagles game) do you put your "starter 1A" in, risking the same potential for injury?

    Unless they're SURE Sanchez can start against the Bucs (and that's the route they've decided to go) I don't give Geno meaningless reps. Sure every rep helps, but I don't think the risk/reward is worth the chance of seeing McElroy/Simms open the season as our starting QB.

    Let those two run the entire Eagles game and see if either one impresses -- we might need one sooner than we think . . .
    At this point there's no such thing as meaningless reps for Geno. Every rep with the #1 offense and in preseason is an opportunity for him to learn. If Sanchez is still injured by the Eagles game, I say let Geno play about 1 quarter of football. Then let Simms play the rest of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This is very difficult to understand.

    Despite Sanchez's nice drives and throws here and there, he seems to make one or two catastrophic mistakes per game.

    After playing and starting in over 70 NFL games, 6 in the playoffs.
    Its called having "brain farts". Sanchez has them too often for someone who has been in the league for 5 years. He's just not mentally consistent enough to be a starting NFL QB. He'd make a pretty good backup though.
    Last edited by houyx; 08-25-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us