Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Everything is going according to plan -- Idzik

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Geno is our QB.

    Adding Clowney to our frontline is going to put us over the top.

    This is the Giants blueprint.
    Prediction ... Geno is our backup for the next ten years.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    If this team was stupid enough to take clowney over bridgewater I might lose my mind.

    This is a dump worthy thread btw.
    You'd be an idiot to take bridgewater over clowney. Laughable

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is a good defensive coordinator who should have been fired after the Holmes/Sanchez debacle in the final game against miami 2 yrs ago. Mark Sanchez is a player the Jets should have never drafted,especially trading up as high as they did to aquire him. The truly Ironic thing about this incident and the way it happen is that it may have sealed the end for both men their careers with the Jets.

    Let's get 1 thing straight. Geno Smith looked the way he should have on last night. It was his 1st NFL game and it was in the preseason. Exactly how did the NFL's new Golden Boy look against the Jets last yr when we played the Colts. Geno Smith needs Reps, and without Mark Sanchez available to take some, he will get the work he needs.

    Truth be told, The starting QB of the Jets should be Greg McElroy to begin the season until Geno is ready. If memory serves me correctly, Sanchez was benched at the end of last season for McElroy and only got to finish the season as the starter because GMac was suffering from concussion related issues .

    Sometimes if you allow it, the universe will fix itself.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    You'd be an idiot to take bridgewater over clowney. Laughable
    Then i guess i am an Idiot, because given the choice, i take Teddy.

  5. #25
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Dude.

    Can Clowney throw TD passes?

    He can sack the QB on every play but if the Jets score 0 points you can't technically ever win a football game.
    If he gets a safety we will be all good!

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Then i guess i am an Idiot, because given the choice, i take Teddy.
    We're not getting either unless we're giving up picks.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Then i guess i am an Idiot, because given the choice, i take Teddy.
    If you believe that a HC should be fired because 2 players got into an argument on the field you wouldn't ever be allowed anywhere near that kind of decision.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    “If there exists no possibility of failure, then victory is meaningless.” =author unknown

  9. #29
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    666
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Geno is our QB.

    Adding Clowney to our frontline is going to put us over the top.

    This is the Giants blueprint.

    LOL, the Giants blueprint is "draft a Manning".

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Dude.

    Can Clowney throw TD passes?

    He can sack the QB on every play but if the Jets score 0 points you can't technically ever win a football game.
    Any team that passes on Clowney is nuts. He is LT like. Or...you get multiple picks if you don't take him. Clowney may be the most sought after 1st player since.... Well you get the idea.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    LOL, the Giants blueprint is "draft a Manning".
    The Giants didn't draft a Manning.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you believe that a HC should be fired because 2 players got into an argument on the field you wouldn't ever be allowed anywhere near that kind of decision.
    I tend to agree with you, but that is not the reason. Do you remember who it was that put an end to the conflict. This HC has far too many instances where he doesn't have the grasp of the total team. To come out and admit this is and should be grounds for dismissal.

    What do u think would happen to u if you told your Boss what Rex admitted ?

    Unless of course you are the Boss.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but that is not the reason. Do you remember who it was that put an end to the conflict. This HC has far too many instances where he doesn't have the grasp of the total team. To come out and admit this is and should be grounds for dismissal.

    What do u think would happen to u if you told your Boss what Rex admitted ?

    Unless of course you are the Boss.
    Well at the end of the day, it means nothing because Rex will be gone at least by the end of the year, maybe sooner

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The Giants didn't draft a Manning.
    Even more to the point..their management team knew exactly what to do. It made NY attractive to ELI, Eli was not attracted to SD due to poor management. Success begets success. In 2009, for a fleeing moment, NY looked like a team that players wanted to play for. Until Rex's true colors showed as well as Marks.

  15. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    back to the Mangini way. #Belli****wannabe

  16. #36
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but that is not the reason. Do you remember who it was that put an end to the conflict. This HC has far too many instances where he doesn't have the grasp of the total team. To come out and admit this is and should be grounds for dismissal.

    What do u think would happen to u if you told your Boss what Rex admitted ?

    Unless of course you are the Boss.
    Rex is still learning how to be a HC. In the past he had no one to lean on or oppose his flawed loyalty to his players. Tanny was probably just a yes man. His OC's were cluessless and inexperienced.

    Now he has a real OC and a GM who sticks to his plans regardless to how Rex may feel. I agree he wasn't cut out to be a HC in the past, but given the present he has a better support cast to complement his flaws. Let the season play out.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Dude.

    Can Clowney throw TD passes?

    He can sack the QB on every play but if the Jets score 0 points you can't technically ever win a football game.

    Sooo... you are suggesting that if the Jets have the #1 pick they should pass on the second coming of Reggie White and roll the dice on a QB prospect who is nowhere near the sure thing that Clowney is? That would be a very Jets move, so you'll probably get your wish.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Idzik kept Rex as his HC because he knew it was the best strategy to get Clowney in next years draft. He knew Rex would make dumb decisions to flush our season down the toilet, he just didn't realize it'd be as early as the third preseason game.
    Clowney, Mo, Ellis, Couples. This will be our front line which will lead our team to the Super Bowl.
    "Everything is going according to plan" -- Idzik
    Sit back and relax fellas.
    So who will QB this team should we have a record that would make us contenders for the #1 overall pick?

  19. #39
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Sooo... you are suggesting that if the Jets have the #1 pick they should pass on the second coming of Reggie White and roll the dice on a QB prospect who is nowhere near the sure thing that Clowney is? That would be a very Jets move, so you'll probably get your wish.
    If this were to happen a riot will erupt outside Jets facility.

  20. #40
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    So who will QB this team should we have a record that would make us contenders for the #1 overall pick?
    Geno is our QB.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us