After Watching The NYG Tape ...

Here's what I saw:

Good

- The defense after that first running play

- Harrison, anchored the run defense and lived in the backfield

- Richardson, incredible speed and range he plays like a LB in a DT's body

- Wilkerson

- Malone, won the punter job last night great distance & hang time

- Cundiff, was skeptical of him due to the miss in the AFC championship game. But
    the distance on his kickoffs makes me want to keep him. After they called us for the
    celebration penalty Cundiff kicked off from the 20 and he put it into the end zone. That's
    80 yards!!!

- OLine pass blocking

- No offensive penalties

- Mornhinweg, he tailored a game plan to get a rookie QB comfortable early. He also
    called plays to attack the NYG crappy LB's

- Simms

- Spadola, should've wrapped up a WR spot

- Darrin Walls, he's far superior to Wilson its not even funny. He covered Nicks and
    did an excellent job

- Douzable, provides excellent pass rush pressure he needs to stay

Bad

- Wilson, what's left to say he's never going to learn to turn his head while covering
    a WR. Like I said before give me Walls instead of him

- Quigley, awful shanks on his punts

- Folk, not because he missed in OT but because his kickoffs are so much shorter than
    Cundiff

- OLine run blocking needs to get consistent. One good and two bad just won't cut it

- Hill, needs to show more maturity (personal foul) and better ball security (fumble).
    But he is catching everything thrown to him during games

- Ivory, entirely TOO MUCH DANCING. Make your read and hit the hole

- Special teams tackling

- Turnovers

QB

Sanchez should be the starter, warts and all. Hopefully he just has a shoulder bruise
    because Smith needs more time. Am I disappointed in how Smith played? No, he played
    like a rookie and made rookie mistakes on his four bad plays:

- The first INT was poor accuracy which allowed the ball to be pulled away from Spadola

- The second INT was a "chuck & duck" where he got blitzed up the middle and just let
    it go over the middle of the field

- The third INT was a bad read of a zone blitz

- And the safety was poor field awareness

Even though he made mistakes he also showed good traits:

- No operation mistakes, like waisting timeouts and false starts due to bad cadence

- Good command of the screen game

- He was victimized by three bad drops (Kerley, Powell & Obomanu) which would've extended
    drives

- Good touch on deep balls. He dropped a 30+ yard throw to Hill into double coverage. He
    also dropped a 20+ yard throw to Winslow into double coverage

@RichCiminiAt least #Jets are scoring TDs -- 8 in 3 games. In 2012, the Sparanos managed only 1 in 4 games.

Well, there's that, lol.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    @RichCiminiAt least #Jets are scoring TDs -- 8 in 3 games. In 2012, the Sparanos managed only 1 in 4 games.

Well, there's that, lol.

#yoloswag
    No question that MM is a HUGE upgrade and one of the best off-season acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No question that MM is a HUGE upgrade and one of the best off-season acquisitions.
    Word up, yo. He's gonna bring hella swag to the O. Just gotta hope the QBs play decently.

#yoloswag

Geno does have a very nice touch on the deep passes.

that one to Hill could've been a TD if it had been thrown just a little bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Here's what I saw:

[B]G
    QB

Sanchez should be the starter, warts and all. Hopefully he just has a shoulder bruise
    because Smith needs more time. Am I disappointed in how Smith played? No, he played

- The first INT was poor accuracy which allowed the ball to be pulled away from Spadola

- The second INT was a "chuck & duck" where he got blitzed up the middle and just let

- No operation mistakes, like waisting timeouts and false starts due to bad cadence

- He was victimized by three bad drops (Kerley, Powell & Obomanu) which would've extended
    drives

- Good touch on deep balls. He dropped a 30+ yard throw to Hill into double coverage. He
    Your statements about the QB competition are actually a good argument for starting Geno. Sanchez has not separated himself in preseason and is a bad QB. Yet as you show above there is a LOT of good in Geno and the mistakes are coachable and he WILL improve. There is no logic and no upside in starting Sanchez. None.

Jets Insider VIP
    We're really just a QB, a RB, an OG...oh, and maybe a TE away from being decent.

EDIT: That's just on offense. I'll gather my thoughts on the D separately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Your statements about the QB competition are actually a good argument for starting Geno. Sanchez has not separated himself in preseason and is a bad QB. Yet as you show above there is a LOT of good in Geno and the mistakes are coachable and he WILL improve. There is no logic and no upside in starting Sanchez. None.
    Having read most of your posts lately I'm pretty sure you'd say that any statement was a good argument for starting Geno over Sanchez. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    It's looking warm and a little cloudy out today.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd
    You know, that's a really great reason to bench Sanchez and start Geno Smith.

Here's what I saw:

Good

Granted it was garbage time, but I thought that kid Troy Smith looked pretty good. Seemed to be flying all over the field, even batted down a pass and had a couple of QB hurries. Also looked fast on special teams. I would keep that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Having read most of your posts lately I'm pretty sure you'd say that any statement was a good argument for starting Geno over Sanchez. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Granted it was garbage time, but I thought that kid Troy Smith looked pretty good. Seemed to be flying all over the field, even batted down a pass and had a couple of QB hurries. Also looked fast on special teams. I would keep that kid.
    You mean Troy Davis, #58? If so I agree, though I don't know if makes it as an OLB.

Lanasah (sp?) #47 is also a nice looking young inside LB.

Practice Squad
    Here's what I saw:

Good

- The defense after that first running play

- Harrison, anchored the run defense and lived in the backfield

- Richardson, incredible speed and range he plays like a LB in a DT's body

- Wilkerson

- Malone, won the punter job last night great distance & hang time

- Cundiff, was skeptical of him due to the miss in the AFC championship game. But
    the distance on his kickoffs makes me want to keep him. After they called us for the
    celebration penalty Cundiff kicked off from the 20 and he put it into the end zone. That's
    80 yards!!!

- OLine pass blocking

- No offensive penalties

- Mornhinweg, he tailored a game plan to get a rookie QB comfortable early. He also
    called plays to attack the NYG crappy LB's

- Simms

- Spadola, should've wrapped up a WR spot

- Darrin Walls, he's far superior to Wilson its not even funny. He covered Nicks and
    did an excellent job

Bad

- Wilson, what's left to say he's never going to learn to turn his head while covering
    a WR. Like I said before give me Walls instead of him

- Quigley, awful shanks on his punts

- Folk, not because he missed in OT but because his kickoffs are so much shorter than
    Cundiff

- OLine run blocking needs to get consistent. One good and two bad just won't cut it

- Hill, needs to show more maturity (personal foul) and better ball security (fumble).
    But he is catching everything thrown to him during games

- Special teams tackling

- Turnovers

QB

drives

Very good post, very accurate.

That said, I am perfectly happy if Geno starts. I think, as you demonstrated, that Geno possess the necessary foundational skills to be a solid NFL QB and all he really lacks is some game experience. I expect him to improve. If he goes out next week and puts up a 12 for 18 type game for 150 with a td and a pick I think that all the naysayers on this board would begin to change their minds. Some reps, some experience and we could see a better Geno.

Last night Geno learned:

(a)NFL DEs routinely drop into zone coverage and
    (b) a NFL CB has far better closing speed that a college CB.

Two valuable lessons for Geno and I'm sure he's cementing those things in his mind and he'll think about it next time he's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    A good offensive coordinator can make or break an offense. MM is an upgrade over the garbage the jets have hired the past 10 years (Hacket, Schitthead, Soprano).

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sanchez sucks. Time to move on thank God he got injured.

I'll add Vlad's play to the good side of the ledger. Watched him in slo mo on every play he was in, and he did a very good job in run blocking and pass pro except on two plays where he got beat by Shaun Rogers. A good showing for him.

Here's what I saw:

Agreed - that was horrible! He runs like he thinks he's Barry Sanders or something... If that's the way he's going to run, he is *not* an upgrade over even Powell....

Veteran

I agree with this, several times during the game I was like who is this 78?

Veteran
    Don't forget Winters. It was his first pro game.....playing extensive action at a position he never played before and he held his own. He had his lapses in pass blocking and looked mediocre in that respect.

But he looked pretty damn good run blocking. He pulled numerous times throughout the game and looked very athletic doing it. Quick first step, opened up his hips quick and got to the hole better than any guard we've had since Faneca. Most of the time he locked into his man and drove him the correct way and that is not an easy task for an Olineman.

Now his performance wasn't flawless and he had some bad plays but he exhibited a glimmer of hope with his overall athleticism. That is really all I am asking of for a rookie playing his first game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Disgraceful.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You are a winner.