Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Becht analysis of Geno

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Magnus analysis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow. We actually just agreed on something that could be perceived as negative.
    I am sure we could also agree on how painful it is to watch Kyle Wilson cover WR's downfield.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spadola never actually had the ball.
    Never caught but his hand was on the ball as Prince snagged it. That was a great play by Prince. If he can stay healthy he is a very good CB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If anyone should know about dropped passes, it's Anthony Becht.
    And don't forget his excellence at offensive holding

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel confident in saying that two of the INT's (the 2nd and 3rd one) were "bad."
    i thought the 3rd was forgivable, it was truly a rookie mistake (except when sanchez does it every year)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Never caught but his hand was on the ball as Prince snagged it. That was a great play by Prince. If he can stay healthy he is a very good CB.
    From what I have seen of Prince in the past, he looks pretty awful. Maybe he has figured things out but I have never been impressed with him. Not to mention a good throw and Spadola has a 20+yard reception. Only a "bad" throw behind Spadola allowed Prince to make a play.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

"Stone hands" Opening day at home vs. Miami. Who remembers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Anthony Becht. Hahahahahaha. Another bum we dont need to be reminded of.
    Then again, it was Chad Pennington throwing the ball

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many of us on this board have been saying this all day long. All Geno must do is stop telegraphing his throws. He's got some fire and zip on his ball that I like, stands tall in the pocket. I like watching him play.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    From what I have seen of Prince in the past, he looks pretty awful. Maybe he has figured things out but I have never been impressed with him. Not to mention a good throw and Spadola has a 20+yard reception. Only a "bad" throw behind Spadola allowed Prince to make a play.
    Look at the play again. The throw was right into Spadola's hands. Seriously it was in his hands! How is that a bad throw? Prince when healthy is the best CB the Giants has. I am not sure what games youve seen him play but he has misses a lot for injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If anyone should know about dropped passes, it's Anthony Becht.
    LOL.

What an excuse ridden analysis! By this approach Sanchez had 2 INTs that both weren't his fault. Ansah makes a great play. Winslow lets DB in front of him. So neither of Sanchez's INTs count??? C'mon man!

TappaLappinAndClappin'WhileFappin' via TapaTalk

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno threw behind on the first pick.
    The second pick was a bad throw as it sailed high. Could have been a wrong route
    Third pick I didn't actually see. Apparently a d-lineman dropped into coverage and Geno didn't read it.

I also saw a great arm, a tight spiral, and good accuracy. I particularly enjoyed a pass to hill who was covered tight for around 20-30 yards. He looked like a rookie qb otherwise. Took longer to scan the field than a vet would. Wasn't experienced with with certain coverages. Typical things you expect from a rookie qb. Oh, and the safety was bad he needs to have better situational awareness. Not great, but not the end of the world for a rookie making his first start in preseason during his rookie year. He showed promise. I'm guessing he'll start next week especially with the Sanchez shoulder issue.

I have to say That when Sanchez went down I actually had a bad feeling about it, like the way you feel when you a lose a player you'd rather not lose, despite my lack of faith in him.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 08-25-2013 at 06:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like what I wrote in anther thread. I agree one bad INT the other 2 where both great D plays. Drops never help Kerley had a bad day. I agree with him most of Genos passes where on spot. He isnt wrong in this.
    Kerley not used to catching passes from Geno. Geno throws a different ball than Sanchez. Timing of the delivery should get better with reps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He was brutal. And that's ok, he's only been a professional football player for a few months. But you have to be a Geno-bot to proclaim that he was anything other than horrid.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    Mark has had 2 preseason starts and basically those teams STUNK. He had 5 more pass attempts than Geno and is at 66.7%. Geno is at 59.5%. So basically we're talking about Mark being 7% better so far. PLEASE!
    If you look at the NFL % stats from 2012, that's about 16 spots on the leaders list. Just saying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Anthony Becht. Hahahahahaha. Another bum we dont need to be reminded of.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I am sure we could also agree on how painful it is to watch Kyle Wilson cover WR's downfield.
    This too is true.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. But some posters and Anthony Becht apparently think that Spadola actually caught it and the DB stole it from him. That was not the case.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the play again. The throw was right into Spadola's hands. Seriously it was in his hands! How is that a bad throw? Prince when healthy is the best CB the Giants has. I am not sure what games youve seen him play but he has misses a lot for injury.
    He may have gotten his hands on it briefly, but it looked to me like the DB grabbed it.

Either way, it was an off-target throw. The same kind of throw Sanchez gets criticized for. But since Sanchez does it, I guess when Geno does it, it's excusable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if this is a true "competition" Rex, that you should let Geno play with the 3's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may have gotten his hands on it briefly, but it looked to me like the DB grabbed it.

Either way, it was an off-target throw. The same kind of throw Sanchez gets criticized for. But since Sanchez does it, I guess when Geno does it, it's excusable.
    Hahhahahaha..

You are so right!!