Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan Spadola is Going to be a BigTime WR for Jets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gang Greener View Post
    If we can find another diamond in the rough, Chrebet 2.0, i'd be stoked. We needed one bad. I like what Spadola has shown thus far. Able to go across the middle to make the tough catches.
    Good point. If Spadola can have a career similar to what Wayne had, that would be awesome. Considering he's bigger and faster than Wayne, perhaps one can hope (best case scenario) he turns into a more explosive player. Eric Decker might not be a bad a comparison....Maybe like a younger Brandon Stokely, before he was beset by constant, nagging injuries following his breakout season with the Colts in 2004?

Of course, all this depends on how much of a chance he will get. Being an undrafted free agent, he'll be starting at the back of the line, even if he does make the club. The fact that the Jets have a new GM, who isn't exactly married to past draft picks, helps him a bit.

Zach Rogers from Tennessee, looks a little bit more like a 'Wayne Chrebet type' when he came out of Hofstra back in 1995. Rogers might be a shade faster than Wayne, who created no buzz coming out of college, despite breaking several of Jerry Rice's 1-AA records. If I remember correctly, Wayne's father had to beg all 32 N.F.L. teams just to give him look.

Jeremy Kerley seems to be a legit talent in the slot. He's also versatile and a hard-worker, so my guess is Rogers' best shot to stick, in the short term, would be the practice squad. But he's another guy that did real well in pre-draft workouts. Jets probably got two draft-worthy receivers as undrafted free agents. At the very least, these guys are miles ahead (in terms of talent) of Scotty McKnight, who was selected in round 7 a few years ago, only because he was Sanchez' pal?

Mike Mayock actually had a 4th to 5th round projection on Rogers:

Mayock: "The kid had a great Pro Day. Everybody was looking at Patterson and (Justin) Hunter and Da’Rick Rogers (of Tennessee Tech). Zach is a slot guy who ran a 4.45. He catches everything. He runs good routes. Prior to his Pro Day, I would’ve thought he’d be a sixth- or seventh-rounder. But he may have moved up into that fourth- or fifth-round range simply because he’s faster than people thought."
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...cqgw1PFcsGu.99
    Last edited by Riggins44; 08-26-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spadola is kind of like a WR who is a speedy tight end.

Know he reminds me of? Miles Austin and Ed McCaffrey.

DC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    With his Speed, Shiftyness and Size, he already reminds me of V.Cruz. Both 6'0 205 and hard to cover. He is exactly what jets need at WR to compliment possession-Holmes, Fast-Hill and slot-Kerley with...
    Let's start with making the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, he is definitely a BEAST. Can't miss.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yeah, he is definitely a BEAST. Can't miss.
    Haven't seen him take a big hit coming across the middle yet, I'm interested to see how he would respond

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is (seemingly) healthy.

Hill and Gates have improved their route-running and catching.

Kerley is developing into a very good slot WR.

5th/6th spots up for grabs between Spadola, Obomanu and Massaquoi.

all of the sudden, our WR corps doesn't seem so shabby.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Holmes is (seemingly) healthy.

Hill and Gates have improved their route-running and catching.

Kerley is developing into a very good slot WR.

5th/6th spots up for grabs between Spadola, Obomanu and Massaquoi.

all of the sudden, our WR corps doesn't seem so shabby.
    Why does everybody auto label Kerley as a slot guy?
    Is it because he is a few inches vertically challenged?

Bust out the mold man. Kerley is lining up outside, and is the #1 WR option at this time for the Jets.

#FreeTheKerley.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like what I've seen from him so far and we need as many good WR'S as we can find and he appears to be a keeper.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Bust out the mold man. Kerley is lining up outside, and is the #1 WR option at this time for the Jets.

#FreeTheKerley.
    When Holmes comes back, he will line up outside opposite of Hill, with Kerley in the slot.

I got nothing but love for Kerley, and he can certainly play outside, but it's not criticizing or belittling in any way to say he's a very good slot WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    When Holmes comes back, he will line up outside opposite of Hill, with Kerley in the slot.

I got nothing but love for Kerley, and he can certainly play outside, but it's not criticizing or belittling in any way to say he's a very good slot WR.
    Possibly.
    Your props for Kerley have been noted.

#FreeTheKerley

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

#FreeTheKerley.
    **** that. He's our best option at QB. Unlike Brady, Kerley can throw the ball AND catch it. :p

#yoloswag

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    **** that. He's our best option at QB. Unlike Brady, Kerley can throw the ball AND catch it. :p

#yoloswag
    No argument other than the KerlDawg hasnt taken many snaps under center this PS.
    He has been focusing solely on beasting on the outside.

#RespectTheKerley

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Haven't seen him take a big hit coming across the middle yet, I'm interested to see how he would respond
    I kind of said that tongue in cheek. I don't know what he is, but the appellation "Beast" is freely give to any new player on this board. Turns out most of them aren't "beasts" but ***** cats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IN GENO I TRUST all others are scrubbs
    botw_0907_izism.jpg
    Yep! Yep! Spadola makes the team no doubt about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets could have a nice set of wideouts if they continue to go young & have them in MMs system for many years.
    That is how you develop chemistry between QB & WRs.
    Jets have had NO SYSTEM on offense

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only time will tell I know his pedigree says no, but it would be great to have a crazy white boy amongst the receiving corps.