Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geno will look better in Week 1- Here's why...

Geno will look better in Week 1- Here's why...

It looked to me like MM sent Geno out their with the full playbook on Saturday. It did make sense for last nights game, because the turnovers are meaningless and you want to see what Geno can, and can't handle. I would expect him to dumb it down a bit for the first few weeks and play it a little more conservative while Geno learns on the job. I am not suggesting ground a pound, but some simpler play calls and a slightly more balanced attack (last night it was something like 48 drop backs and 26 rushing attempts). Geno threw the ball 30 times in just 2+ quarters lat night. I doubt that is the gameplan for a regular season game (early on).

If he's the starter...

#yoloswag

Plenty of rookies that went on to have good rookie seasons did poor in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    It looked to me like MM sent Geno out their with the full playbook on Saturday. It did make sense for last nights game, because the turnovers are meaningless and you want to see what Geno can, and can't handle. I would expect him to dumb it down a bit for the first few weeks and play it a little more conservative while Geno learns on the job. I am not suggesting ground a pound, but some simpler play calls and a slightly more balanced attack (last night it was something like 48 drop backs and 26 rushing attempts). Geno threw the ball 30 times in just 2+ quarters lat night. I doubt that is the gameplan for a regular season game (early on).
    Sorry, but that was far from the whole playbook. It was a bunch of short passes to help Geno out. MM isn't typically a dink & dunk play caller, but that is what we saw last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If he's the starter...

#yoloswag
    that's the premise.

BTW your link for online game was for windows only; i have a MacBook but thanks for the thought.

All League
    Because he can't look worse.

Geno will not start game one--Sanchez has a joint bruise. He will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Sanchez' ok?...

Jets Insider VIP
    A bruise? Where did you hear Sanchez will start Week 1?

TappaLappinAndClappin'WhileFappin' via TapaTalk

Anything is possible but you're just pissing into the wind with your fingers crossed

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    that's the premise.

BTW your link for online game was for windows only; i have a MacBook but thanks for the thought.
    I have a MacBook and the link works fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You don't know Marty, and we don't have a BWest.

Heard that on the news this morning. They aren't saying he will start game one but it looks very possible. Get ready for the interception fumble follies to being.

Veteran
    Geno will look good because he'll be standing there with a clip board in his hands. That's comforying to me... shows we're thinking long term.

All Pro
    Mark Sanchez had 2 series against the Giants 3rd stringers, playing with the Jets 3rd stringers. In those 2 series, he fumbled the Ball and left the game in the mist of a drive due to injury. This is the guy everyone thinks should start the season as the experience starting QB.

I have a question for these people.

What group of Giant defenders did Matt Simms play against and who was he playing with from the Jets?

Less we forget, in the 1st preseason game, Greg McElroy led the Jets 3rd stringers against the Lions 3rd stringers to the tune of how many scores ?

The Giants game was huge for Geno on a number of levels

It was his first real action against a good quality Giants defense, that prepared and game planned for this game, Coughlin admitted this himself during pre-game interview on NBC, but Geno needed this game more than any other because it now gives him tape of himself, it gives him a better sense of NFL speed, and he can work on the multiple mistakes and work to improve upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Mark Sanchez had 2 series against the Giants 3rd stringers, playing with the Jets 3rd stringers. In those 2 series, he fumbled the Ball and left the game in the mist of a drive due to injury. This is the guy everyone thinks should start the season as the experience starting QB.

What group of Giant defenders did Matt Simms play against and who was he playing with from the Jets?

Less we forget, in the 1st preseason game, Greg McElroy led the Jets 3rd stringers against the Lions 3rd stringers to the tune of how many scores ?
    He was 4-5 for 72 yds, his overall body of work in the pre-season has been pretty good, and compared to last year, it's been a huge upgrade and a nice surprise. He still has his warts, all QB's do and also go through pre-season warts as they work to prepare for the regular season, based on the performance of both QB's, there is no question Sanchez should be week 1 starter.

Hall Of Fame
    If Geno looks better in Wk 1 the biggest reason why will be b.c he is getting ALL the reps. Geno needs practice and with Sanchez out he will be getting more of it.

Heard that on the news this morning. They aren't saying he will start game one but it looks very possible. Get ready for the interception fumble follies to being.
    Well atleast we're used to that

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Great observations and I agree with you. Too bad WRECKS seems to hate McElroy. I think he could do nicely if allowed to play with the starters!