Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geno will look better in Week 1- Here's why...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Giants game was huge for Geno on a number of levels

It was his first real action against a good quality Giants defense, that prepared and game planned for this game, Coughlin admitted this himself during pre-game interview on NBC, but Geno needed this game more than any other because it now gives him tape of himself, it gives him a better sense of NFL speed, and he can work on the multiple mistakes and work to improve upon them.
    Great point Ray. I agree with you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Well atleast we're used to that

Game on the line and blah cant even handle the snap, follies here we gooooooooooo!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he can't look much worse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis might break the record for INTs if Sanchez starts and plays the whole game

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some Fans and most of the media seem to have this assumption that everything was riding on that one game. Did we say after just the Lions game that Mark had locked it up? Geno barely played due to the ankle so this is really his only legit game reps to go off of. I think it's ridiculous how hard the media is coming down on Geno for this game. You can tell they were almost hoping he would play poorly so they could say Nawrocki was right and Geno's a bust. They know all of this from 30 passes in one game. I can't think of any player who has been evaluated and cast off based on so little evidence. 30 F'n passes and they have the whole book on the kid. We're talking about 3 mistakes out of 30 pass attempts for a rookie going up against a legit defense that was playing to win.

Geno will get the reps he needs. That ankle injury really messed up Geno's progression. He needed the reps in that Jags game. He'll get in the film room to see what he was doing wrong and he can take this next 2 weeks to really tighten up his game. At least we see he had command of the team. They didn't have penalties or look like they weren't being setup properly. The only real issue was Geno's poor passes and experience at this level. He literally had no reference for just how fast the game really is.
    It's not far fetched to imagine Geno being much better by the time week 1 roles around.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Great observations and I agree with you. Too bad WRECKS seems to hate McElroy. I think he could do nicely if allowed to play with the starters!
    Doubt McElroy on final roster. Simms made two throws on Saturday night that the other three guys could only dream of making. Can't keep 4 qb's, Simms over McElroy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Revis might break the record for INTs if Sanchez starts and plays the whole game
    I bet they don't even throw a bottle to him in the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Great observations and I agree with you. Too bad WRECKS seems to hate McElroy. I think he could do nicely if allowed to play with the starters!
    If we took take Simms arm and McElroy brains to form 1 qb we would have pro qb.. McElroy has very little upside with that arm, we don't know how much upside Simms has.. I'd roll dice with Simms when as #3.. If Sanchez did not have a guaranteed contract he would def been cut but I'm sure Izdik would have signed another vet.. Because we had no cap he had to go with bottom $ in garrard..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    If we took take Simms arm and McElroy brains to form 1 qb we would have pro qb.. McElroy has very little upside with that arm, we don't know how much upside Simms has.. I'd roll dice with Simms when as #3.. If Sanchez did not have a guaranteed contract he would def been cut but I'm sure Izdik would have signed another vet.. Because we had no cap he had to go with bottom $ in garrard..
    I know this seems a bit trite, but his name suggests that he could have some football knowledge.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I bet they don't even throw a bottle to him in the game.
    I hope you are right

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    What would we take from Sanchez? His big hands?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Doubt McElroy on final roster. Simms made two throws on Saturday night that the other three guys could only dream of making. Can't keep 4 qb's, Simms over McElroy.
    Geno has the arm to make similar throws as Simms. It's not like Geno has Marks arm. Simms does have a gun, but Geno isn't that far behind him in arm strength. Geno is more accurate tho overall and that's the one issue with Simms from what they say. It's easier to be accurate when you aren't facing the starting defenders. That's one thing working against Simms too. One thing I will rely on is the judgment of MM and Lee who know what they're looking at when it comes to QB's. If they feel Simms is really much better I would think they'd play him more, so he'll get his shot to move up the depth chart.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    McElroy gets cut & I guarantee you he gets a call from up 95 north. Do anyone of you think BB wouldn't toss Tebow & his fans to pick up McElroy & have the smart boy explain the Jets entire offense that they just put in all summer to help the Pats D on Thursday night football?
    Don't care about most castoffs that head north but Mac could be very useful to Belichick.
    What will probably happen is the Bills will get 1st dibs & grab him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Game on the line and blah cant even handle the snap, follies here we gooooooooooo!
    That play highlight's Sanchez's stupidity. Instead of just falling on the ball on a low snap and protecting it, he tries to make a play and loses the ball. Sanchez deserves to start the season because he outplayed Smith, but that does not mean that I have to look forward to it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    McElroy gets cut & I guarantee you he gets a call from up 95 north. Do anyone of you think BB wouldn't toss Tebow & his fans to pick up McElroy & have the smart boy explain the Jets entire offense that they just put in all summer to help the Pats D on Thursday night football?
    Don't care about most castoffs that head north but Mac could be very useful to Belichick.
    What will probably happen is the Bills will get 1st dibs & grab him.
    Too bad they didn't do that last year , with our offense it would have wasted all of one minute for Belicheck.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What would we take from Sanchez? His big hands?
    Maybe his hot dog eating ability... I am hoping Geno's performance the other night was like being on the driving range before you play golf. Get all the bad shots out before you play the real game.