Thread: Last year-this year pre season rankings

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year-this year pre season rankings

Yes it's only pre season but this means something. This is what happens when you have a real OC.

PRESEASON NFL RANKINGS
    Categories 2012 Jets 2013 Jets*
    Total Yards/Game 32nd 2013 4th
    Total Yards/Play 32nd 2013 6th
    Passing Yards/Game 32nd 2013 2nd
    Passing Yards/Play 32nd 2013 3rd
    Sacks Allowed/Play 32nd 2013 11th
    Points/Game 32nd 2013 5th

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last year, the story was the jets' offense couldn't find the end zone in the preseason. We're you one of the rational trolls that said "meh; preseason. " Somehow, I doubt it.

I understand that this is the year it is fashionable in New England to say the preseason doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post PO. I think all the doom and gloom guys both here and in the media have missed this simple fact. IMHO no matter who the QB is this year the Jets offense will be better than last years thanks to MM. http://www.footballnation.com/conten...eak-out/24429/ I'd say even with McElroy under center in 2013 if it comes to that that the Jets offense will be much improved stat wise in EVERY category thanks to MM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Good post PO. I think all the doom and gloom guys both here and in the media have missed this simple fact. IMHO no matter who the QB is this year the Jets offense will be better than last years thanks to MM. http://www.footballnation.com/conten...eak-out/24429/ I'd say even with McElroy under center in 2013 if it comes to that that the Jets offense will be much improved stat wise in EVERY category thanks to MM.
    So if thats the csse then shouldn't Mark have the chanse to learn& lead his team under a decent OC?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    So if thats the csse then shouldn't Mark have the chanse to learn& lead his team under a decent OC?
    Rationale would say yes, but unfortunately you have a fan-base that is on a complete witch hunt for Sanchez's head. I hope he gets the chance to improve and play up to potential, but he may not be given that opportunity in NY

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That depends at this point on if you think Mark is salvageable or too far gone ... As well as what you view his high end to be vs. Geno's high end ... And what you believe to be the best strategy to reach Geno's high end

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Yes it's only pre season but this means something. This is what happens when you have a real OC.

PRESEASON NFL RANKINGS
    Categories 2012 Jets 2013 Jets*
    Total Yards/Game 32nd 2013 4th
    Total Yards/Play 32nd 2013 6th
    Passing Yards/Game 32nd 2013 2nd
    Passing Yards/Play 32nd 2013 3rd
    Sacks Allowed/Play 32nd 2013 11th
    Points/Game 32nd 2013 5th
    Your on point with this one Freak. I couldn't agree more. When you 32nd in 6 categories and flip that to top 5, then you've changed the most important piece... successfully.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing how bad Sparano was ... Uugghhhh!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes IMHO. We have no idea which QB will emerge short term or long term under MM. Mark is an experience bonehead who might put SOME of his mistakes behind him under the new coaching. Geno is raw, very raw, but talented. Greg just might be the game manager this team need in the WCO. Simms has all the potential in the world. Under MM I'm hoping all 4 QB's will be on a short leash. One of them should emerge at some point in the season.
    PS: I had no problem with putting Sanchez in late against the Giants. They all need real time WCO snaps. That is reason enough! Haters are going to hate.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    It's amazing how bad Sparano was ... Uugghhhh!!!!!
    This is an understatement. Sparano was clueless, the absolute worst!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media kept using the preseason as the reason we were going to be bad last year. Not a peep about the offense this year, except that Mark threw a couple picks.

I keep saying this weak skill position talk is overstated. This team will compete on offense.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best memory in my Jet life is when the media had to eat their crow with both feet shoved in their mouths after we clobbered the Pats in 2010 playoffs. I can see some of the same happening when we surprise the sports world again. Our O will be more than serviceable and our D should be about as good as the 2010 version.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree it is looking pretty good. If we can avoid turnovers on O we can do very well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Last year, the story was the jets' offense couldn't find the end zone in the preseason. We're you one of the rational trolls that said "meh; preseason. " Somehow, I doubt it.

I understand that this is the year it is fashionable in New England to say the preseason doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    The real trolls were the Jets....when they hung 48 on the Bills after that dreadful preseason on offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The difference between Sparano-Cavanaugh vs MM-Lee can be seen in the significant improvement in the QB play of Simms. And MM-Lee only had an offseason through preseason few months with him. So Geno is certainly in better hands with these two then Sanchez was with Schotty-Sparano-Cavanaugh.

As I said several times...I'm fine with whoever MM-Lee and the rest of the Jets decision makers decide to start at QB in Wk #1. From what I've seen so far through these three preseason games, it could be the veteran Sanchez. Of course that possibility has now been clouded by the Sanchez shoulder injury.

I have no fear that Sanchez might perform so well, that Geno may hardly play this year. A positive QB dilemma would be a breath of fresh air around here. IMO, Geno has the skill set to be a long term solution at the QB position. A 10-12 year player. so it's no big deal if he sits most of the year. Most likley though...he'll get into several games down the road...even if he doesn't start the season from Day 1.

As far as Sanchez' future with the NYJ? He would have to play lights out better then he has ever played before in his career, to justify his CAP hit for 2014. That's the real issue with Sanchez. If he were to perform so well that he's worth the $13-14 mil...that's a nice problem to have going into 2014.

What do I think of Sanchez? IMO he's suffers from poor field vision that leads him into making poor decisions. These two issues are interlocked and go hand in hand with each other. In a 2.0 - 2.5 second span, he cannot play consistently at a high enough level because of these issues. If you look at how he played at USC in his full year as a starter. He must've rolled out of the pocket around 75-80% in order to see the field and locate open receivers. Then set his feet and throw it. His completion % was around 64-65%. Schotty-Sparano never allowed him to have that kind of comfort zone...of rolling out of the pocket so that he could have better success. And because of that...this magnified his poor field and decision making problems. Thus a TO machine resulted. Can MM-Lee help Sanchez play better? I say yes. But to think that they can eliminate the fundamental issues that hold Sanchez back...I just don't think so. Especially so in the NYJ culture with a frustrated and hostile Sanchez fan base. They can hide this weakness to some extent...but I don't think they can eliminate it.

Anyway...I don't get involved in this Sanchez haters vs Geno supporters crap. I just care about wins and team success. And that means start the QB that can give the Jets the best chance to win. And if it happens to be Sanchez...the sky will not fall down on our NYJ fortunes.