Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We created the chemical weapons.

We let the genie out if the bottle.

Let the a**holes kill themselves.

Decaying bodies in the Middle East is the scent of victory.

Let the dumbasses kill each other over pieces of desert.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Bush/Cheney used 9-11 as justification for the Iraqi war?

Where did you hear that, Ed Schultz? Chrisy(Tingles)Matthews?

He did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiNt...1478D8C4A4D6BC

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush/Cheney used 9-11 as justification for the Iraqi war?

Where did you hear that, Ed Schultz? Chrisy(Tingles)Matthews?
    Turn off Fixed News and get your information from credible news organizations because if you don't know the answer to your own question you are either very misinformed or just ignorant of the facts/truth. This has been well documented for several years. The testimony before Congress by Bush Administration officials cite 9/11 as justification for the US waging war with Iraq. Bush went before the country and labeled Iraq (and Syria for that fact) as "rogue" nations in a speech before Congress. Bush declared that the US will act regardless of the international community. In that famous speech citing 9/11, he alo mentioned his "mushroom cloud" and "yellow cake" theories. All nothing but b/s as we would learn years later at a cost of thousands of American lives and so much innocent blood. Not to discuss the trillion-plus price tag.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    We created the chemical weapons.

We.....
    "We"?

Who is "we"?

If the "we" you're referring to is the United States, you may want to read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_warfare#History

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I am curious what you said a decade ago regarding Bush and Cheney using 9/11 as a justification to lie us into a unjust war with Iraq.

Not sure where you are getting your information from but your statement is incorrect. Several prominent Republicans criticized the President for seeking Congressional authorization. All you needed to do was watch the Sunday public affairs shows this past weekend. For example, the most senior Republican on the Senate Intel Committee, Saxby Chambliss, was very critical of the President seeking Congressional approval.

The generals, i.e., experts, MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX, disagree with you.
    Fixed. I know, the defense contractors gotta eat too. And God forbid our retired officers live off the paltry 6 figure pension and have to double dip to be able to buy that second Corvette.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turn off Fixed News and get your information from credible news organizations because if you don't know the answer to your own question you are either very misinformed or just ignorant of the facts/truth. This has been well documented for several years. The testimony before Congress by Bush Administration officials cite 9/11 as justification for the US waging war with Iraq. Bush went before the country and labeled Iraq (and Syria for that fact) as "rogue" nations in a speech before Congress. Bush declared that the US will act regardless of the international community. In that famous speech citing 9/11, he alo mentioned his "mushroom cloud" and "yellow cake" theories. All nothing but b/s as we would learn years later at a cost of thousands of American lives and so much innocent blood. Not to discuss the trillion-plus price tag.
    He also labelled N. Korea as a rogue nation but did we attack them? No, it seems that the Chicken Hawks in Washington only attack those which they know they'll whip.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Turn off Fixed News and get your information from credible news organizations
    Advice taken, I'm going to start getting my info from credible non biased news organizations like NBC/MSDNC, See BS and The Commie News Network. Hell I might even tune in to Al Jazeera America.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Advice taken, I'm going to start getting my info from credible non biased news organizations like NBC/MSDNC, See BS and The Commie News Network. Hell I might even tune in to Al Jazeera America.....
    Sing us a couple of bars of your favorite song ever, The Horst Wessell song

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    He also labelled N. Korea as a rogue nation but did we attack them? No, it seems that the Chicken Hawks in Washington only attack those which they know they'll whip.
    I think it is more do to respect for China. They always act as go betweens during negotiations. We have a lot tied up with the Chinese. They own half of our Treasury Bills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going to be really interesting what happens after the House overwhelmingly rejects the Obama proposal to launch on Syria.

Really, really interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Going to be really interesting what happens after the House overwhelmingly rejects the Obama proposal to launch on Syria.

Really, really interesting.
    John Boehner is for it. You are probably right though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    John Boehner is for it. You are probably right though.
    Another terrible choice by him, not only policy-wise, but also politically.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another terrible choice by him, not only policy-wise, but also politically.
    I'm sure it is politically driven. They needed him to get on board to have a chance for the house to pass this thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope someone locks Boehner in his tanning bed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want no part of Syria. Not even the small, meaningless strike to "save face" that's being thrown around by the President.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I want no part of Syria. Not even the small, meaningless strike to "save face" that's being thrown around by the President.
    Agreed 100%
    Nothing good can come out of getting involved in Syria

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could Obama have botched this situation any worse than he has every single step of the way? Now he's going to appeal for public support on Tuesday, the day before the Senate is supposedly voting?

How conflicted are the dopes that, when warned that this guy was woefully unprepared and unfit for this office, blindly shouted "racism".

So this will probably fail in the House and pass in the Senate on Wednesday. That's right... your Senate will vote to fight side by side with Al Qaeda... on 9/11.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At one time, I would have advocated for this because using chemical weapons is disgusting. But the cycle has to end:

1. we "help" someone
    2. they get into power and hate us

The new way should be: we watch, and whomever gets into power, we tell them we were rooting for them all along.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Syria

Does anyone really care if they gas themselves?? I know I don't. Doesn't affect my life one bit. I don't care if they nuke themselves to death. I only care that our soil is safe.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could Obama have botched this situation any worse than he has every single step of the way?
    Yes. He could've ordered a military action.