Thread: Climate Change Will Make Severe Weather More Frequent and Stronger.....or Will It?

Climate Change Will Make Severe Weather More Frequent and Stronger.....or Will It?

http://science.time.com/2013/09/09/a...ing/?hpt=hp_t2

So a year after we're told repeatedly that Climate Change will cause untold destruction in more frequent and more powerful storms.......now they're not so sure at all, as we cruise to the midpoint of the Atlantic Storm season with as-yet no storms, and sit in a trough on time where the U.S. has not seen a Cat. 3, 4 or 5 Hurricane in a number of years.

Again, I have to say it, it's not the concepts behind climate change or climate being effected by mankind I have doubts in, I believe both are quite possible.

It's the overhyped, disaster-langauge, we-must-act-now-ism, when the fact is that the climate is still very porrly understood, the models still very very inaccurate long-term (in terms of climate) and short-term (in terms of severe weather), and the scicne, despite so many claims to the contrary, just isn't there in a way to warrant wholesale changes in our way of life and economy.

I'm all for funding science, but I'd REALLY like to get scicne away from the political bias that comes along with the funding and who is giving it. Like Acid Rain, the next ICe Age, and a host of other so-called immediate mergency situations, climate change IS something we need to study, elarn about, understand and (if needed) work to minimize the effects of.....but it's not something that should be being used as a tool to promote a specific world economic viewpoint and political agenda.

And frankly, thats what it is today.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

So a year after we're told repeatedly that Climate Change will cause untold destruction in more frequent and more powerful storms.......now they're not so sure at all, as we cruise to the midpoint of the Atlantic Storm season with as-yet no storms, and sit in a trough on time where the U.S. has not seen a Cat. 3, 4 or 5 Hurricane in a number of years.

Again, I have to say it, it's not the concepts behind climate change or climate being effected by mankind I have doubts in, I believe both are quite possible.

It's the overhyped, disaster-langauge, we-must-act-now-ism, when the fact is that the climate is still very porrly understood, the models still very very inaccurate long-term (in terms of climate) and short-term (in terms of severe weather), and the scicne, despite so many claims to the contrary, just isn't there in a way to warrant wholesale changes in our way of life and economy.

I'm all for funding science, but I'd REALLY like to get scicne away from the political bias that comes along with the funding and who is giving it. Like Acid Rain, the next ICe Age, and a host of other so-called immediate mergency situations, climate change IS something we need to study, elarn about, understand and (if needed) work to minimize the effects of.....but it's not something that should be being used as a tool to promote a specific world economic viewpoint and political agenda.

Once people (Al Gore and his cronies) found a way to profit from the whole Global Warming, now Climate Change craze, by selling mythical carbon offsets or carbon credits, the hype and doom and gloom disaster language was accelerated.

All Pro
    No such thing, there's more evidence of God than of this hoax, DUMP

Jets Insider VIP
    They have used cray computers to model weather conditions. They have found that the wind generated by a Butterfly in South America can influence the weather in the United States; in other words, the weather, including Hurricanes and Storms have too many variables to accurately predict the weather for even short periods of time. The models they use in the US are after a storm has formed.

I do believe though that the next ice will come based on the melting of ice at the poles. It seems the melting has been increasing at an alarming rate the last 50 years or so.

Is it possible, maybe but not likely. These so called scientist work for the government and do the governments bidding. The numbers have been fudged on a number of occasions. Proof positive when the emails between scientists were leaked in England a few years back.

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year

By David Rose
    PUBLISHED: 18:37 EST, 7 September 2013 | UPDATED: 07:01 EST, 8 September 2013
    dailymail.co.uk

Excerpt:

A chilly Arctic summer has left nearly a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 60 per cent.

The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.

The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year. More than 20 yachts that had planned to sail it have been left ice-bound and a cruise ship attempting the route was forced to turn back.

Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century – a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading.

The disclosure comes 11 months after The Mail on Sunday triggered intense political and scientific debate by revealing that global warming has ‘paused’ since the beginning of 1997 – an event that the computer models used by climate experts failed to predict.

In March, this newspaper further revealed that temperatures are about to drop below the level that the models forecast with ‘90 per cent certainty’.

The pause – which has now been accepted as real by every major climate research centre – is important, because the models’ predictions of ever-increasing global temperatures have made many of the world’s economies divert billions of pounds into ‘green’ measures to counter climate change.

Those predictions now appear gravely flawed.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2eMkfSe00

But hey, the leftist liberal chicken little lemmings made Al(fraud)Gore a billionaire, so he can have multiple mansions.... using more energy in one month than the average American uses in one year, while traveling the globe in his private jet....

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm starting a study of weather patterns on Uranus, because what happens way out there will have catastrophic effects here on Earth.

Please send me millions of dollars. I'll try to keep track of how I spend it.

Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

By Maxim Lott
    Published September 12, 2013
    FoxNews.com

Can you rely on the weather forecast? Maybe not, at least when it comes to global warming predictions over short time periods.

That’s the upshot of a new study in the journal Nature Climate Change that compared 117 climate predictions made in the 1990's to the actual amount of warming. Out of 117 predictions, the study’s author told FoxNews.com, three were roughly accurate and 114 overestimated the amount of warming. On average, the predictions forecasted two times more global warming than actually occurred.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...#ixzz2ehMKk3YI

Jets Insider VIP
    "The Earth system is just too complex to be represented in current climate models. I don’t think they’ll get it right for a long time."

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I'm starting a study of weather patterns on Uranus, because what happens way out there will have catastrophic effects here on Earth.

Please send me millions of dollars. I'll try to keep track of how I spend it.
    Is it gaseous around Uranus?

All Pro
    In my opinion, scientists have the main cause correct, but the effects are completely over exaggerated and not scaled correctly. The system is almost inconceivably complex, and the planet has a natural tendency to bring things to a balance. Human caused climate change is something that will take hundreds if not thousands of years to play out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They have used cray computers to model weather conditions. They have found that the wind generated by a Butterfly in South America can influence the weather in the United States; in other words, the weather, including Hurricanes and Storms have too many variables to accurately predict the weather for even short periods of time. The models they use in the US are after a storm has formed.

I do believe though that the next ice will come based on the melting of ice at the poles. It seems the melting has been increasing at an alarming rate the last 50 years or so.
    Nah.

All completely normal.

Pumping billions of cubic feet of smoke into a closed environment on a daily basis has NO repercussions.

That's why the Weather Channel encourages people to run generators inside their homes during power outages. It's good for houseplants.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Nah.

All completely normal.

Pumping billions of cubic feet of smoke into a closed environment on a daily basis has NO repercussions.

That's why the Weather Channel encourages people to run generators inside their homes during power outages. It's good for houseplants.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    In my opinion, scientists have the main cause correct, but the effects are completely over exaggerated and not scaled correctly. The system is almost inconceivably complex, and the planet has a natural tendency to bring things to a balance. Human caused climate change is something that will take hundreds if not thousands of years to play out.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Nah.

All completely normal.

You may find it illuminating to do some research on the output of natural equivalents, like Volcano's for example. Earth "pumps billions of...." itself, every year, and has for pretty much forever.

I'm not saying that human industry and effects shouldn't be watched and studied and even regulated if needed.

I'm saying that "OMG DISASTER" style fear-mongering isn't going to convince people of anything, especially where there is an unquestionable political/economic slant to things involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm saying that "OMG DISASTER" style fear-mongering isn't going to convince people of anything, especially where there is an unquestionable political/economic slant to things involved.
    Unfortunately, you're quite wrong about this. It has convinced many, many people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Is it gaseous around Uranus?
    that's a myth. if it were true, one would not find Klingons there.

The ONLY reason why all of these dingbats are backtracking now is because they know they are wrong.

ALL of those scientists proclaiming all of this disaster prophecy are DEMOCRATS. And the very f*cking dumbest ones out of the bunch of cockroaches. It is a MYTH. But once again you can never get a democrat to stop talking. Even though they look even more ignorant every time they open up their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Unfortunately, you're quite wrong about this. It has convinced many, many people.
    Yes, it has convinced many people that have read the original exaggerated climate forecasts. Without knowing that these scientists are all democrats with political motivation to predict disaster.

NOW, that they have the whole picture, at least in most cases they feel duped.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed.

You may find it illuminating to do some research on the output of natural equivalents, like Volcano's for example. Earth "pumps billions of...." itself, every year, and has for pretty much forever.

I'm not saying that human industry and effects shouldn't be watched and studied and even regulated if needed.

Lolz.

We agree.