Thread: People Want This Guy To Start???

People Want This Guy To Start???

There is no possible way Geno will play worse than Sanchez did last year. Absolutely none. And Sanchez is still this guy do not fool yourself, he has shown that in preseason. Relieve the highlights (not only his interceptions) in the videos below.

agreed

I really don't understand Jets fans

It is more there was out right hate of this QB class and none of them want to admit Geno could play just as well as a guy that went top 5. They are so ready to say start Mark again simply because they dont want someone from that draft class IMO. The media really poisoned this class IMO. Talent wise I dont see a lot of difference between Geno and a guy like Stafford coming out. Everyone is so ready to say he isnt ready well I dont see a QB that is on the roster. If you want to win the 1st few game Geno is your QB if only for the fact that the whole league has Mark figured out already.

Practice Squad
    Also instead of Geno having his 1st start be against a soft opponent like the Jags, he had to face the Giants. It really does make a difference in how you're gonna look if you have to get your feet wet at the deep end of the pool. Giants were motivated to try and embarrass the Jets if they can. Jags aren't looking forward to anything. Still Geno was able to move the team down the field. With more reps Geno is going to get better and adjust to the speed of the NFL game.

Also if they start Geno, MM can come up with a game plan that will help Geno to succeed. Right now they're testing Geno to see how much of this he's got down, but once they have enough info on Geno they can be more tailored in their approach. This is what other teams did with Wilson, RG3 and Luck. There are ways to help rookies to succeed and i'm sure they'd look to do that.

The problem is that if Geno isn't ready - even if he's better than Sanchez - it's not clear that playing him is the best way to develop him. That's the real question:
    Is it better for Geno's development to play right away, or sit and watch at least for a few games?

Yes, sometimes QBs start right away, take their lumps, and become great eventually (see Manning, Peyton et al), but sometimes they take their lumps and get screwed up (Carr, David).

If Sanchez is the starter at the beginning of the season, because Rex doesn't think Geno is ready yet, that's fine with me. And if Geno is ready to start, that's fine with me too...

On another site, there was a nice article that discussed whether the Jets could get by with Geno playing a very vanilla scaled down version of the offense that would limit turnovers (similar to the reps he had against Detroit). I believe Geno could play that way and limit turnovers. Of his 3 picks on Sunday, none of them were necessarily boneheaded plays (except the safety). I don't believe Sanchez is capable of playing a scaled down offense and limiting his turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    There is no possible way Geno will play worse than Sanchez did last year. Absolutely none. And Sanchez is still this guy do not fool yourself, he has shown that in preseason. Relieve the highlights (not only his interceptions) in the videos below.

Agreed, he was in with the scrubs because he is a scrub, watch from the sidelines, scrub

1) Wake up at 6:30
    2) Take dog outside
    3) Go to JI
    4) Read daily "I can't believe you guys love Sanchez so much! Please explain to me! I just don't get it! Geno is gonna be SO much better! Why can't you guys understand this! Please listen to me! You gotta believe me! Sanchez is the devil! Geno is gonna take us to the promised land! Please, come to the light! I beg you! Listen as I regurgitate the same info day after day in an effort to open your eyes! The league will make us fold if we start Sanchez, but Geno can solve third-world poverty! PLEASE!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!!"

Looks like it's gonna be a great day . . .

Personally I now hope that Mark is healthy enough to start. Let's get him ready to get the season going. Keep Geno on the side lines but make sure he is getting enough practice time with the ones.
    I say this for one reason only, to once and for all time convince everyone that Mark Sanchez was never a franchise QB. So like water boarding, you just have to play him to the point where even the most ardent supporter almost drowns. There is no more upside to Mark he is what he is. Defenses know just what to do to rattle and beat him, they have done it two years in row, so there is plenty of film.
    So I say play the man, and watch the same things you have seen since day one. Sit in the stands and in your recliners and scratch you heads with the rest of us. An when the season is lost and you can't take it anymore, scream UNCLE and lets be done with it.

it is pretty fing obvious event to the blind Geno is not ready genius. So lets kill another qb so I can read the idiots here derail him. I just wish people thought before they posted

Bewildered Beast
    I hate to say I told you so, johnny, but...jeezuz.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    2) Take dog outside
    3) Go to JI
    4) Read daily "I can't believe you guys love Sanchez so much! Please explain to me! I just don't get it! Geno is gonna be SO much better! Why can't you guys understand this! Please listen to me! You gotta believe me! Sanchez is the devil! Geno is gonna take us to the promised land! Please, come to the light! I beg you! Listen as I regurgitate the same info day after day in an effort to open your eyes! The league will make us fold if we start Sanchez, but Geno can solve third-world poverty! PLEASE!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!!"

Yes, one note johnny singing the same tune in every post....then if geno ****s the bed the same type of thread returns hyping the new guy while killing the old one...

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    The problem is that if Geno isn't ready - even if he's better than Sanchez - it's not clear that playing him is the best way to develop him. That's the real question:
    Is it better for Geno's development to play right away, or sit and watch at least for a few games?

Yes, sometimes QBs start right away, take their lumps, and become great eventually (see Manning, Peyton et al), but sometimes they take their lumps and get screwed up (Carr, David).

If Sanchez is the starter at the beginning of the season, because Rex doesn't think Geno is ready yet, that's fine with me. And if Geno is ready to start, that's fine with me too...
    Carr is a ****ty example as he wasnt screwed up by being pushed too early. Carr had the worst OL in history and a coaching staff that just didnt care about game prep.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    2) Take dog outside
    3) Go to JI
    4) Read daily "I can't believe you guys love Sanchez so much! Please explain to me! I just don't get it! Geno is gonna be SO much better! Why can't you guys understand this! Please listen to me! You gotta believe me! Sanchez is the devil! Geno is gonna take us to the promised land! Please, come to the light! I beg you! Listen as I regurgitate the same info day after day in an effort to open your eyes! The league will make us fold if we start Sanchez, but Geno can solve third-world poverty! Posted by johnnysd. PLEASE!! LISTEN TO ME!!!!!"
    5) with a reference to the butt fumble. Because as we all know one play, just one is all that is needed to permanently bench or release a player.

Fixed