Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Anyone catch this Saturday night?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,670

    Anyone catch this Saturday night?

    Coughlin ices Folk in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

    The vaGiants announcers try to justify by saying it "needs to be practiced". lol - sure it does. Coughlin was being a dick.

    So , after the deep pass to Spadola, to the NYG 20 yd line, Rex sends out the FG team on 2nd down, anticipating more dooshbaggery from Coughlin, and Coughlin of course, does a cockgobble trying to ice Cundiff.

    Then Rex puts Simms back in to get closer. I know Rex planned that. Made Coughlin burn his timeout and he ended up not being able to pull that dopey sh1t again.

    I think one of the vaGiants CS caught on ,because he whispered something to Rex during the handshake and Rex smiled. Unless he tried to stick his tongue in Rex's ear, but that seems unlikely.

  2. #2
    I noticed. I also noticed Coughlin, IMO, playing for overtime, to "win the game". And a vaGiants player got hurt.

    But Rex gets called out on it.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    I noticed. I also noticed Coughlin, IMO, playing for overtime, to "win the game". And a vaGiants player got hurt.

    But Rex gets called out on it.
    Did Stevie Brown get hurt on an INT return? I honestly cant remember.
    Every year someone in this game gets lost for the season it seems.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Did Stevie Brown get hurt on an INT return? I honestly cant remember.
    Every year someone in this game gets lost for the season it seems.
    He did - non contact injury - just planted and no one really touched him. But I could swear I also read someone got hurt on the Giants during OT.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    He did - non contact injury - just planted and no one really touched him. But I could swear I also read someone got hurt on the Giants during OT.
    Yeah, it was D. Scott, KR and DB, I believe.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Coughlin ices Folk in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

    The vaGiants announcers try to justify by saying it "needs to be practiced". lol - sure it does. Coughlin was being a dick.

    So , after the deep pass to Spadola, to the NYG 20 yd line, Rex sends out the FG team on 2nd down, anticipating more dooshbaggery from Coughlin, and Coughlin of course, does a cockgobble trying to ice Cundiff.

    Then Rex puts Simms back in to get closer. I know Rex planned that. Made Coughlin burn his timeout and he ended up not being able to pull that dopey sh1t again.

    I think one of the vaGiants CS caught on ,because he whispered something to Rex during the handshake and Rex smiled. Unless he tried to stick his tongue in Rex's ear, but that seems unlikely.
    I think you're giving Rex waaay too much credit.

    He simply realized he was making the same mistake twice.

    If anything, if that was a real game, Rex would be hammered (and rightfully so) for pulling a Herm Edwards and settling for a non-chip shot FG instead of getting closer.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,346
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Coughlin ices Folk in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

    The vaGiants announcers try to justify by saying it "needs to be practiced". lol - sure it does. Coughlin was being a dick.

    So , after the deep pass to Spadola, to the NYG 20 yd line, Rex sends out the FG team on 2nd down, anticipating more dooshbaggery from Coughlin, and Coughlin of course, does a cockgobble trying to ice Cundiff.

    Then Rex puts Simms back in to get closer. I know Rex planned that. Made Coughlin burn his timeout and he ended up not being able to pull that dopey sh1t again.

    I think one of the vaGiants CS caught on ,because he whispered something to Rex during the handshake and Rex smiled. Unless he tried to stick his tongue in Rex's ear, but that seems unlikely.
    I had forgotten this in the din over Rex and Santres.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Every year someone in this game gets lost for the season it seems.
    Didnt we nearly decapitate Manning a few years back? I actually gained alot of respect for him for bouncing back after we bloodied the shyte out of him.

    -

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I think you're giving Rex waaay too much credit.

    He simply realized he was making the same mistake twice.

    If anything, if that was a real game, Rex would be hammered (and rightfully so) for pulling a Herm Edwards and settling for a non-chip shot FG instead of getting closer.
    If nothing else, Rex is clever. And that was a clever move.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,372
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Coughlin ices Folk in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

    The vaGiants announcers try to justify by saying it "needs to be practiced". lol - sure it does. Coughlin was being a dick.

    So , after the deep pass to Spadola, to the NYG 20 yd line, Rex sends out the FG team on 2nd down, anticipating more dooshbaggery from Coughlin, and Coughlin of course, does a cockgobble trying to ice Cundiff.

    Then Rex puts Simms back in to get closer. I know Rex planned that. Made Coughlin burn his timeout and he ended up not being able to pull that dopey sh1t again.

    I think one of the vaGiants CS caught on ,because he whispered something to Rex during the handshake and Rex smiled. Unless he tried to stick his tongue in Rex's ear, but that seems unlikely.
    I just read it as a "OK....**** you" type thing. Because Coughlin could have just as easily faked the TO as he could have called it. After his kickers missed the second one, I think he just said, "**** it - lets get closer"....which is what he should have done in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    I noticed. I also noticed Coughlin, IMO, playing for overtime, to "win the game". And a vaGiants player got hurt.

    But Rex gets called out on it.
    I think the icing the kicker was BS but what should Coughlin have done at the end of the game? YOu want to give your guys som real game experience - getting the FG unit out there seems reasonable enough. If it was a decision between going for the extra point to tie or the 2 pter to win, sure, you go for the 2 pter. But in this instance, I can't kill him for kicking the FG as that is the only real football move to make. To try and score a TD there is basically changing the game.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    ...
    Every year someone in this game gets lost for the season it seems.
    Jason Seahorn confirms.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,351
    I agree on the injury statement. Since they killed Penny way back when, it seems as if someone gets hurt and lost for the year, everytime there's a Battle for the Big Apple.
    The simple fact that this game has a trophy and is coach by Rex and Tom C tells me that this won't be "just another pre-season game" anytime soon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us