Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Rex No D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Rex was the most bullish on Sanchez. Just sayin.
    had to take a shot on the kid, because you need a franchise QB to compete in this league.
    no question, it didn't work out, if Rex can move on from Sanchez he deserves another shot, but if he can't, he's gotta go down with Sanchez.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    OK..... But I won't bet the ranch. We are lucky to win 6 this year.
    That's more than fine with me. I'm looking down the long road. not just this upcoming season. One thing life has taught me is too have at least a little bit of patience. If you read my first post on the second page in this thread, you'll see what I'm talking about and why I'm fine with 6 wins this upcoming season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well.... a top ten D means nothing when you are below 500.
    52 turnovers. Give him anything other than one of the worst QBs in history and it makes the team extremely competitive.

Give him an above average QB and ur going deep in the playoffs perennially

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Yet his d gives big plays like 84 yard runs. His d gives up game loosing drives. His d cant beat top tier teams. His d only shows up for the 1/2 of a championship game 2 years in a row. He's an old school coAch in a new era of the nfl. He only cares about the d and can't coach anything else. Lets see how much you like this guy after a 4-12 seAson.
    This happens to the best coaches in the world. It's football. They get paid too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NuJurzy87 View Post
    That's more than fine with me. I'm looking down the long road. not just this upcoming season. One thing life has taught me is too have at least a little bit of patience. If you read my first post on the second page in this thread, you'll see what I'm talking about and why I'm fine with 6 wins this upcoming season.
    Ive been patient..... 44 years. I'm simply more vocal now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right.... I let the last 20 games influence me.

Personally ...I am tired of hearing about the stats of a REX D. We cant stop the dolphins when it counts. Since Tebow walked through us, our D has sucked on the field. Ourcrecord from that date on is well below 500.
    If you can talk about the dolphins, can I talk about New England in the playoffs?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    52 turnovers. Give him anything other than one of the worst QBs in history and it makes the team extremely competitive.

Give him an above average QB and ur going deep in the playoffs perennially

well....your point is well taken. Dont believe for one minute that our lack of offense is not correlated to Rex's neglect of the O and poor ability to develop players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    If you can talk about the dolphins, can I talk about New England in the playoffs?
    Why not talk about 1969? Rex was 8. He probably influenced his dad who was a coach.

Stop living in the past.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a history major.... I look at no more than last year, this year and trends.

He is a very good D coach. No question... I personally think the pressure is getting to him.
    I agree. It's because he doesn't know how to handle media

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Except Geno played with the backups. Sanchez played with the 3's. Different group.
    Giants didn't have their 3s out?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    statistics say there are 9 other guys who can give you a Top 10 D.
    9 out of 32. And how many are consistent?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not talk about 1969? Rex was 8. He probably influenced his dad who was a coach.

Stop living in the past.
    You're the one who brought up a past game. Don't omit the good games to make a point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're the one who brought up a past game. Don't omit the good games to make a point.
    Recent history my friend.... Not 3 years ago. Last 2 years we haven't stopped anyone to speak of.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well....your point is well taken. Dont believe for one minute that our lack of offense is not correlated to Rex's neglect of the O and poor ability to develop players.
    I don't think bill Walsh could have done anything with Sanchez. Think about it. He started what like 11 college games? His head coach Pete Carroll PUBLICALLY stated he should not declare, that he needed more time.

Pete was right. Mike Tannenbaum was wrong. That pick was a Mike Tannenbaum bust.

It had very little to do with Rex Ryan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recent history my friend.... Not 3 years ago. Last 2 years we haven't stopped anyone to speak of.
    Except Andrew Luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Except Andrew Luck.
    I was wondering who would bring that up. GREAT. One of our wins was against Luck.

We ended the seasonn with losses to Buffalo, Miami, Tenn etc..... They made us look like a HS team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I don't think bill Walsh could have done anything with Sanchez. Think about it. He started what like 11 college games? His head coach Pete Carroll PUBLICALLY stated he should not declare, that he needed more time.

Pete was right. Mike Tannenbaum was wrong. That pick was a Mike Tannenbaum bust.

It had very little to do with Rex Ryan.

The poor development of our Sanchize has NO responsibility to the HC? really?

Notice that Baltimore passed on him and went to a college DB coach over the mighty REX.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    9 out of 32. And how many are consistent?
    To be fair, Rex's defenses have declined every year since he started. From 1st to 8th in yards allowed, but from 1st to 20th in pts/game allowed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The poor development of our Sanchize has NO responsibility to the HC? really?

Notice that Baltimore passed on him and went to a college DB coach over the mighty REX.
    And what does that have to do with mark Sanchez again?

I believe Rex proves them all wrong taking 2 teams to the AFC title game once with a rookie Qb, both times w Mark freaking Sanchez vs vastly superior teams.

He beat Manning and Brady on consecutive weeks in the post season.

C'mon man... And that had nothing to do w the harbaughs. Who are both excellent coaches and probably better than Rex. But Rex is a good coach in his own right.

Tannenbaum was the guy pulling those triggers man. Not Rex.

Think about it. With what we know about rex do you think mike Tannenbaum would have consulted rex Ryan on the Sanchez pick?

Hell no

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik is exactly what Rex needed. The anti Rex