Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: Good sign Sanchez injury is not serious...

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sanchez didn't "win" the job either.
    You and Magnus can sit here trying to beat this idea into each others heads all you want, it's not going make it true. Mark won this competition. Pretty easily too if you put a lot of stock in the games. The only thing stopping him from being named the opening day starter is that injury. GENO. ISN'T. READY. He looked like absolute garbage that entire game. Hell, I've watched the game multiple times and there is very little good to see from that game. Did he have a few decent moments? Yeah. However for the most part, his accuracy was poor, he STARED guys down the entire night, and I really emphasize "STARED" because honestly I was expecting the picks once I saw how bad the issue was, and his decision making wasn't great. First game jitters? I have no idea. What I do know is that Mark for all his flaws looked MUCH better when he played, and the offense clicked better when he was out there. Did he throw the pick in the Detroit game? Yeah. But for the most part he was pretty sharp the rest of the game. Jacksonville? He was pretty solid. One lapse in judgement before half that irked me, but as long as he knows better in the regular season, which I actually think he does, another good outing. The lone pick was on Winslow. You go look at each one of Geno's picks, you tell me which one of those wasn't THAT BAD. You honestly can't. The first one he held the ball way to long and the throw went behind the intended receiver, the second should NEVER HAVE BEEN THROWN, and the last one looked like he was having a staring contest with his guy. It was honestly one of the most pathetic INT's I've seen a professional QB toss and showed a complete lack of awareness. If it was Mark who threw ANY of those (especially the 3rd), this board would have honestly crashed.

    Mark is going to be named the starter if he's healthy. You can pretty much quote me on it and consider it a guarantee. However, the only issue is I don't know how healthy he is. Only the team does, and it sounds like they want to keep quiet about it. Unless there is a strong strong stronnnnng push from Idzik, everything coming from the coaches mouths is that Mark is the better option for right now but Geno's upside due to his athleticism and strong arm is tremendous. Problem is it means nothing if he cant put it together, and Saturday he didn't get off to the right start. You guys also seem to miss two very big issues at hand. Barring an Alex Smith/Elite season from Mark, Geno IS going to play at some point this year. This team needs to know what to do with their first next year, especially if we suck and Teddy Bridgewater or any of the other top guys are going to be around where we're picking. Geno isn't going to get the Rodgers treatment or even the Kaepernick treatment because there's no steady vet to hold the fort down while he takes time to learn. Not to mention that if we suck, Rex will be fired and the new coach will want to bring in "his guy". Geno is likely going to get the Jimmy Clausen treatment. I've said it since before the draft. We'd take a 2nd-3rd round on a good QB prospect hoping we hit on the next Russell Wilson. If we didn't? Then we draft a QB with our first next year with a stronger crop of QB's.

    When Geno is finally called upon, he better be ready. Otherwise he'll be second round backup like Jimmy. This isn't hating on Geno or calling him a bust, defending Sanchez, etc. This is being realistic and looking at the situation from all aspects. In the meantime, you delusional Sanchez haters or people who cant accept the fact that his career here at least has ONE more campaign, might be better off not watching football, or finally accepting that Mark WILL start if healthy.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 08-26-2013 at 09:07 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You and Magnus can sit here trying to beat this idea into each others heads all you want, it's not going make it true. Mark won this competition. Pretty easily too if you put a lot of stock in the games. The only thing stopping him from being named the opening day starter is that injury. GENO. ISN'T. READY. He looked like absolute garbage that entire game. Hell, I've watched the game multiple times and there is very little good to see from that game. Did he have a few decent moments? Yeah. However for the most part, his accuracy was poor, he STARED guys down the entire night, and I really emphasize "STARED" because honestly I was expecting the picks once I saw how bad the issue was, and his decision making wasn't great. First game jitters? I have no idea. What I do know is that Mark for all his flaws looked MUCH better when he played, and the offense clicked better when he was out there. Did he throw the pick in the Detroit game? Yeah. But for the most part he was pretty sharp the rest of the game. Jacksonville? He was pretty solid. One lapse in judgement before half that irked me, but as long as he knows better in the regular season, which I actually think he does, another good outing. The lone pick was on Winslow. You go look at each one of Geno's picks, you tell me which one of those wasn't THAT BAD. You honestly can't. The first one he held the ball way to long and the throw went behind the intended receiver, the second should NEVER HAVE BEEN THROWN, and the last one looked like he was having a staring contest with his guy. It was honestly one of the most pathetic INT's I've seen a professional QB toss and showed a complete lack of awareness. If it was Mark who threw ANY of those (especially the 3rd), this board would have honestly crashed.

    Mark is going to be named the starter if he's healthy. You can pretty much quote me on it and consider it a guarantee. However, the only issue is I don't know how healthy he is. Only the team does, and it sounds like they want to keep quiet about it. Unless there is a strong strong stronnnnng push from Idzik, everything coming from the coaches mouths is that Mark is the better option for right now but Geno's upside due to his athleticism and strong arm is tremendous. Problem is it means nothing if he cant put it together, and Saturday he didn't get off to the right start. You guys also seem to miss two very big issues at hand. Barring an Alex Smith/Elite season from Mark, Geno IS going to play at some point this year. This team needs to know what to do with their first next year, especially if we suck and Teddy Bridgewater or any of the other top guys are going to be around where we're picking. Geno isn't going to get the Rodgers treatment or even the Kaepernick treatment because there's no steady vet to hold the fort down while he takes time to learn. Not to mention that if we suck, Rex will be fired and the new coach will want to bring in "his guy". Geno is likely going to get the Jimmy Clausen treatment. I've said it since before the draft. We'd take a 2nd-3rd round on a good QB prospect hoping we hit on the next Russell Wilson. If we didn't? Then we draft a QB with our first next year with a stronger crop of QB's.

    When Geno is finally called upon, he better be ready. Otherwise he'll be second round backup like Jimmy. This isn't hating on Geno or calling him a bust, defending Sanchez, etc. This is being realistic and looking at the situation from all aspects. In the meantime, you delusional Sanchez haters or people who cant accept the fact that his career here at least has ONE more campaign, might be better off not watching football, or finally accepting that Mark WILL start if healthy.
    This! +infinity

  3. #43
    I'm surprised Geno's stare down of the WR isn't talked about more. It was very blatant - something (on his list) he needs to work on.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm surprised Geno's stare down of the WR isn't talked about more. It was very blatant - something (on his list) he needs to work on.
    It was probably the most disappointing and discouraging part of the whole performance. It was really, really obvious and a huge sign that the game was just moving too fast for him.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You and Magnus can sit here trying to beat this idea into each others heads all you want, it's not going make it true. Mark won this competition. Pretty easily too if you put a lot of stock in the games. The only thing stopping him from being named the opening day starter is that injury. GENO. ISN'T. READY. He looked like absolute garbage that entire game. Hell, I've watched the game multiple times and there is very little good to see from that game. Did he have a few decent moments? Yeah. However for the most part, his accuracy was poor, he STARED guys down the entire night, and I really emphasize "STARED" because honestly I was expecting the picks once I saw how bad the issue was, and his decision making wasn't great. First game jitters? I have no idea. What I do know is that Mark for all his flaws looked MUCH better when he played, and the offense clicked better when he was out there. Did he throw the pick in the Detroit game? Yeah. But for the most part he was pretty sharp the rest of the game. Jacksonville? He was pretty solid. One lapse in judgement before half that irked me, but as long as he knows better in the regular season, which I actually think he does, another good outing. The lone pick was on Winslow. You go look at each one of Geno's picks, you tell me which one of those wasn't THAT BAD. You honestly can't. The first one he held the ball way to long and the throw went behind the intended receiver, the second should NEVER HAVE BEEN THROWN, and the last one looked like he was having a staring contest with his guy. It was honestly one of the most pathetic INT's I've seen a professional QB toss and showed a complete lack of awareness. If it was Mark who threw ANY of those (especially the 3rd), this board would have honestly crashed.

    Mark is going to be named the starter if he's healthy. You can pretty much quote me on it and consider it a guarantee. However, the only issue is I don't know how healthy he is. Only the team does, and it sounds like they want to keep quiet about it. Unless there is a strong strong stronnnnng push from Idzik, everything coming from the coaches mouths is that Mark is the better option for right now but Geno's upside due to his athleticism and strong arm is tremendous. Problem is it means nothing if he cant put it together, and Saturday he didn't get off to the right start. You guys also seem to miss two very big issues at hand. Barring an Alex Smith/Elite season from Mark, Geno IS going to play at some point this year. This team needs to know what to do with their first next year, especially if we suck and Teddy Bridgewater or any of the other top guys are going to be around where we're picking. Geno isn't going to get the Rodgers treatment or even the Kaepernick treatment because there's no steady vet to hold the fort down while he takes time to learn. Not to mention that if we suck, Rex will be fired and the new coach will want to bring in "his guy". Geno is likely going to get the Jimmy Clausen treatment. I've said it since before the draft. We'd take a 2nd-3rd round on a good QB prospect hoping we hit on the next Russell Wilson. If we didn't? Then we draft a QB with our first next year with a stronger crop of QB's.

    When Geno is finally called upon, he better be ready. Otherwise he'll be second round backup like Jimmy. This isn't hating on Geno or calling him a bust, defending Sanchez, etc. This is being realistic and looking at the situation from all aspects. In the meantime, you delusional Sanchez haters or people who cant accept the fact that his career here at least has ONE more campaign, might be better off not watching football, or finally accepting that Mark WILL start if healthy.
    HOLY ESSAY, BATMAN!



    #yoloswag

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    HOLY ESSAY, BATMAN!



    #yoloswag
    School's creeping up. Getting into mid-season form hahaha.

    In all honesty, the rant started small but gradually got bigger. I had a lot to say and dissect. It happens lol.

  7. #47
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    in the Haze
    Posts
    263
    Classen is a 3rd stringer is the thing......

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    It was probably the most disappointing and discouraging part of the whole performance. It was really, really obvious and a huge sign that the game was just moving too fast for him.
    I think once it speeds up we will have a nice QB

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    School's creeping up. Getting into mid-season form hahaha.

    In all honesty, the rant started small but gradually got bigger. I had a lot to say and dissect. It happens lol.
    It was an outstanding rant. Excellent.

  10. #50
    It's not even hating on him. He's just not ready YET. Let him sit, have Mark take the hits, and then take advantage of the opportunity when Sanchez falls flat on his (or runs into an) ass.

    #yoloswag

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I think everyone's laughed out at this point... and if the over-under on W's with Sanchez at the helm is 4, I'll take the under. I am tired of watching Sanchez's bonehead plays. I am ready for a new beginning at QB and if it is Geno, after last Saturday's performance, he's got nowhere to go but up.
    And you'd lose all your money because you're stupidly biased. We won 6 games last year when virtually everything, EVERYTHING, went against this team. FG kickers had an absurdly great rate against us. We lost just about every fumble while rarely recovering any. An 8/9 win team on paper can go anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5 with just a few very small plays. While its cute that you've jumped onto the media bandwagon that we are the worst team in the history of football, fact is we're not even close. We have improved pretty damn significantly from last year in players and especially coaching. People who think this is a 4 win team are plain stupid or looking to stir the pot.

  12. #52
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    336
    With all the staring down of receivers Geno did, it wasn't anything the Defense was able to take advantage of if not for 2 bad throws by Geno. If he's just a foot more accurate on his ball to Spadola, NO INT!!! If he stands and delivers the Pass to Winslow without falling away he hits Winslow and it's not over thrown. Geno had the pick to Tuck where he stared down the Receiver and it was a clean pick, but the other 2 were just bad throws and he was perfect on those passes that got dropped. So all this crap about him not looking good and really were only talking about 3 bad passes out of 37. This wasn't that bad for a rookies 1st game.

    I'd love to see how Geno would've played had ne not been injured and could've played against the Jags. All you guys bashing his performance aren't even recognizing the huge jump going from his 1st outing which was cut short to the deep end of the pool with no warm up game in between. This wasn't the best test of the kids ability to adjust. I'd love to see him get another game to prove himself. Mark had two easy ass games to get in a flow and both were starts with the 1st team. Mark wasn't hobbling around on a bum ankle trying to get his strength and timing back. So on top of all the other advantages Mark had you can throw that into the mix too.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think once it speeds up we will have a nice QB
    I agree, I think there is a ton of potential in Geno as a pure passer and as an athletic QB that I truly feel he can eventually unlock. It's just unfortunate that due to certain circumstances surrounding Rex, that I went into further detail about in the post and don't necessarily agree with, he likely won't be given the time that A-Rod and Kaep were and he'll need to show some serious accelerated development when he is finally called on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    It was an outstanding rant. Excellent.
    Thank you. I go on them from time to time and put a lot of dissecting and detail into them. Always glad to hear people appreciate them.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    And you'd lose all your money because you're stupidly biased. We won 6 games last year when virtually everything, EVERYTHING, went against this team. FG kickers had an absurdly great rate against us. We lost just about every fumble while rarely recovering any. An 8/9 win team on paper can go anywhere from 6-10 to 11-5 with just a few very small plays. While its cute that you've jumped onto the media bandwagon that we are the worst team in the history of football, fact is we're not even close. We have improved pretty damn significantly from last year in players and especially coaching. People who think this is a 4 win team are plain stupid or looking to stir the pot.
    I hope that you are right! I would be thrilled if we went 9-7. But thinking that would also be cute and stupid.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's not even hating on him. He's just not ready YET. Let him sit, have Mark take the hits, and then take advantage of the opportunity when Sanchez falls flat on his (or runs into an) ass.

    #yoloswag
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    With all the staring down of receivers Geno did, it wasn't anything the Defense was able to take advantage of if not for 2 bad throws by Geno. If he's just a foot more accurate on his ball to Spadola, NO INT!!! If he stands and delivers the Pass to Winslow without falling away he hits Winslow and it's not over thrown. Geno had the pick to Tuck where he stared down the Receiver and it was a clean pick, but the other 2 were just bad throws and he was perfect on those passes that got dropped. So all this crap about him not looking good and really were only talking about 3 bad passes out of 37. This wasn't that bad for a rookies 1st game.

    I'd love to see how Geno would've played had ne not been injured and could've played against the Jags. All you guys bashing his performance aren't even recognizing the huge jump going from his 1st outing which was cut short to the deep end of the pool with no warm up game in between. This wasn't the best test of the kids ability to adjust. I'd love to see him get another game to prove himself. Mark had two easy ass games to get in a flow and both were starts with the 1st team. Mark wasn't hobbling around on a bum ankle trying to get his strength and timing back. So on top of all the other advantages Mark had you can throw that into the mix too.

    The issue WAS that he wasn't accurate with the throw, that he held the ball to long leading to that pick.

    The issue is that he DID choose to throw that ball up for grabs while being hit instead of throwing it away avoiding the easy pick.

    You agreed that third was bad.

    The safety was poor awareness and I agree that he didn't get help with the drops.

    However, it's doing Geno a disservice to discard all these glaring negatives because "this happens to rookies" and rush him out there while all these issues show he's not ready to start just yet. His ankle looked perfectly fine that night, stop throwing out excuses for him. Give him the fourth game, fine. But do it just so he gets reps, because the eagles starters are going to play 1 series so there won't be much solid film to evaluate.

    He's out of time to prove he should be the starter through the competition. Unfortunately due to injury the competition might not even matter though and it might not be a good thing for Geno.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 08-26-2013 at 10:04 PM.

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You and Magnus can sit here trying to beat this idea into each others heads all you want, it's not going make it true. Mark won this competition. Pretty easily too if you put a lot of stock in the games. The only thing stopping him from being named the opening day starter is that injury. GENO. ISN'T. READY. He looked like absolute garbage that entire game. Hell, I've watched the game multiple times and there is very little good to see from that game. Did he have a few decent moments? Yeah. However for the most part, his accuracy was poor, he STARED guys down the entire night, and I really emphasize "STARED" because honestly I was expecting the picks once I saw how bad the issue was, and his decision making wasn't great. First game jitters? I have no idea. What I do know is that Mark for all his flaws looked MUCH better when he played, and the offense clicked better when he was out there. Did he throw the pick in the Detroit game? Yeah. But for the most part he was pretty sharp the rest of the game. Jacksonville? He was pretty solid. One lapse in judgement before half that irked me, but as long as he knows better in the regular season, which I actually think he does, another good outing. The lone pick was on Winslow. You go look at each one of Geno's picks, you tell me which one of those wasn't THAT BAD. You honestly can't. The first one he held the ball way to long and the throw went behind the intended receiver, the second should NEVER HAVE BEEN THROWN, and the last one looked like he was having a staring contest with his guy. It was honestly one of the most pathetic INT's I've seen a professional QB toss and showed a complete lack of awareness. If it was Mark who threw ANY of those (especially the 3rd), this board would have honestly crashed.

    Mark is going to be named the starter if he's healthy. You can pretty much quote me on it and consider it a guarantee. However, the only issue is I don't know how healthy he is. Only the team does, and it sounds like they want to keep quiet about it. Unless there is a strong strong stronnnnng push from Idzik, everything coming from the coaches mouths is that Mark is the better option for right now but Geno's upside due to his athleticism and strong arm is tremendous. Problem is it means nothing if he cant put it together, and Saturday he didn't get off to the right start. You guys also seem to miss two very big issues at hand. Barring an Alex Smith/Elite season from Mark, Geno IS going to play at some point this year. This team needs to know what to do with their first next year, especially if we suck and Teddy Bridgewater or any of the other top guys are going to be around where we're picking. Geno isn't going to get the Rodgers treatment or even the Kaepernick treatment because there's no steady vet to hold the fort down while he takes time to learn. Not to mention that if we suck, Rex will be fired and the new coach will want to bring in "his guy". Geno is likely going to get the Jimmy Clausen treatment. I've said it since before the draft. We'd take a 2nd-3rd round on a good QB prospect hoping we hit on the next Russell Wilson. If we didn't? Then we draft a QB with our first next year with a stronger crop of QB's.

    When Geno is finally called upon, he better be ready. Otherwise he'll be second round backup like Jimmy. This isn't hating on Geno or calling him a bust, defending Sanchez, etc. This is being realistic and looking at the situation from all aspects. In the meantime, you delusional Sanchez haters or people who cant accept the fact that his career here at least has ONE more campaign, might be better off not watching football, or finally accepting that Mark WILL start if healthy.
    Hmmmmp!!

    You are nothing more than a Sanchez apologist who wraps up his statements in logic, common sense and the general history of the NFL!!!

    Who needs that crap!!!

    Why I got a talking dog named Sam and a Qujia Board that says you are wrong... dead wrong....

    It be Gino time baby and my FF friends say so too!!!

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm surprised Geno's stare down of the WR isn't talked about more. It was very blatant - something (on his list) he needs to work on.
    Ummmm Geno says he doesn't and didn't stare down receivers and anyone who says otherwise is flat out wrong!!

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,213
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think once it speeds up we will have a nice QB
    It is preseason with no game planning and a vanilla Offense. Once the we have a proper mix and more running, he can relax a bit.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You and Magnus can sit here trying to beat this idea into each others heads all you want, it's not going make it true. Mark won this competition. Pretty easily too if you put a lot of stock in the games. The only thing stopping him from being named the opening day starter is that injury. GENO. ISN'T. READY. He looked like absolute garbage that entire game. Hell, I've watched the game multiple times and there is very little good to see from that game. Did he have a few decent moments? Yeah. However for the most part, his accuracy was poor, he STARED guys down the entire night, and I really emphasize "STARED" because honestly I was expecting the picks once I saw how bad the issue was, and his decision making wasn't great. First game jitters? I have no idea. What I do know is that Mark for all his flaws looked MUCH better when he played, and the offense clicked better when he was out there. Did he throw the pick in the Detroit game? Yeah. But for the most part he was pretty sharp the rest of the game. Jacksonville? He was pretty solid. One lapse in judgement before half that irked me, but as long as he knows better in the regular season, which I actually think he does, another good outing. The lone pick was on Winslow. You go look at each one of Geno's picks, you tell me which one of those wasn't THAT BAD. You honestly can't. The first one he held the ball way to long and the throw went behind the intended receiver, the second should NEVER HAVE BEEN THROWN, and the last one looked like he was having a staring contest with his guy. It was honestly one of the most pathetic INT's I've seen a professional QB toss and showed a complete lack of awareness. If it was Mark who threw ANY of those (especially the 3rd), this board would have honestly crashed.

    Mark is going to be named the starter if he's healthy. You can pretty much quote me on it and consider it a guarantee. However, the only issue is I don't know how healthy he is. Only the team does, and it sounds like they want to keep quiet about it. Unless there is a strong strong stronnnnng push from Idzik, everything coming from the coaches mouths is that Mark is the better option for right now but Geno's upside due to his athleticism and strong arm is tremendous. Problem is it means nothing if he cant put it together, and Saturday he didn't get off to the right start. You guys also seem to miss two very big issues at hand. Barring an Alex Smith/Elite season from Mark, Geno IS going to play at some point this year. This team needs to know what to do with their first next year, especially if we suck and Teddy Bridgewater or any of the other top guys are going to be around where we're picking. Geno isn't going to get the Rodgers treatment or even the Kaepernick treatment because there's no steady vet to hold the fort down while he takes time to learn. Not to mention that if we suck, Rex will be fired and the new coach will want to bring in "his guy". Geno is likely going to get the Jimmy Clausen treatment. I've said it since before the draft. We'd take a 2nd-3rd round on a good QB prospect hoping we hit on the next Russell Wilson. If we didn't? Then we draft a QB with our first next year with a stronger crop of QB's.

    When Geno is finally called upon, he better be ready. Otherwise he'll be second round backup like Jimmy. This isn't hating on Geno or calling him a bust, defending Sanchez, etc. This is being realistic and looking at the situation from all aspects. In the meantime, you delusional Sanchez haters or people who cant accept the fact that his career here at least has ONE more campaign, might be better off not watching football, or finally accepting that Mark WILL start if healthy.
    How soon we forget.

    http://telly.com/96BZX

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Classen is a 3rd stringer is the thing......
    ....who was drafted high in the 2nd round with the intention of possibly being the Panthers franchise QB. He wasn't regulated to third string until 2011. AFTER he was inserted as the starter in 2010 and sucked up the joint and the Panthers realized that he wasn't good. Then they drafted Cam and Jimmy's career was over after one season. Didn't really get what you were trying to say. Relevant username lol? $

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us