Thread: Today in LolHypocrite: Mika Brzezinski

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Today in LolHypocrite: Mika Brzezinski

As many of you know, the MTV Music Awards featured a rather raunchy set of acts in Miley Cyrus and Lady GaGa. Both doing what their type of musical acts do (i.e. Madonna). mixxing their music with a heady dose of sexuality, gyrations and scantily clad attire.

It's a tale as old as Elvis Presley.

What I find entertaining is the reaction of some on the political left, specificly Mika Brzezinski of "The Morning Joe".

This rather staunch liberal progressive journalist and champion of women's right and equallity was aghast at how MTV has apparently robbed all American Children of their innocence for daring to broadcast this event, and for "tricking te ratings board" to give it a 14-year-olds and older rating.

She took great exception to the event as "exploitation of women", despite the fact that the two stars making the most money from this are, in fact, women themselves who chose this course themselves and assuredly designed (especially GaGa) theri own performances.

The level of over the top outrage of this supposed progressive was almost Christian Fundamentalist levels, except of course it was aimed squarely at "big evil corporation" for absuing children.

Joe, lol that he is, chimed in that the odl adage of "parents should decide what kids watch" was false, because "most familys don;t have two parants or a parent sitting there, they have one parent workign at the convenience store", thus also laying moral blame at the feet of MTV.

The interesting lol here is that these same political talkers (specificly Brzezinski) are often some of the most vocal about the rights of minors to get birth control and abortions ervices withotu parental knowledge or consent.

I find this seeming contradiction rather odd. A child of 12 can (to their desires) go to a Govt. facility to get condoms and taxpayer funded abortions.....but they can't watch a silly/sexy rock and roll show on TV, because THAT will corrupt them and sexualize them?

Am I missing something here? Or is the sudden moral outrage expressed by Brzezinski just a bad joke in comparison to the political policy positions she takes on other issues?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, I'm not sure i agree with a 14+ rating being applied to a show where a woman is rubbing her crotch with a foam finger, among all sorts of other sexually explicit gestures.

Of course my solution would be to abolish the ratings board, and let the channels regulate themselves, but *shrug*

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching her freak out this morning. Honestly who gives a sh#t either way. MTV isn't relevant and either is Mika opinion about MTV. Yesterday one of the guests asked her why she was so upset and if it was because her kids watched Hannah Montana.

There is something about Mika that makes me want to bang the hell out of her. This kind of stuff makes me laugh, watching soccer moms get in a tizzy about BS, kinda like yesterday when we found out who our kids have for a teacher this year. All the mommies in a tizzy!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I find this seeming contradiction rather odd.
    You do?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to channel Christie here:

Mika is a complete idiot. So is everyone else on Morning Schmo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If they don't already, they should have a disclaimer that it's live event and therefore may stray from the rating, similar to the ESRB's disclaimer on video games that 'online content is not rated', I.e. you may be playing a T game, but if you interact with others, their conduct might be M-rated.

Though I doubt Miley's bit was much of a surprise to MTV. I read a media critique where they said MTV was looking to add some cred to Robin Thicke, a notoriously cheesy crooner. What time did that segment air, anyway?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    WF is right of course.

started with Elvis...eventually is was Madonna....Britney...GaGa....why WOULDN'T Miley do a dance like that? It's the basic Playbook at this point.

Anyone "outraged" is a moron. It's actually possible to raise kids who are not zombies and actually understand what this is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    WF is right of course.

started with Elvis...eventually is was Madonna....Britney...GaGa....why WOULDN'T Miley do a dance like that? It's the basic Playbook at this point.

Anyone "outraged" is a moron. It's actually possible to raise kids who are not zombies and actually understand what this is.
    It is the equation to have a 100 million net worth. Miley is already there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    its not so much right or wrong, as much as people who want to tell others how to live.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was gonna be outraged.

Then I realized that Warhill watches Morning Scones with Joe and Minka.

That's friggin hilarious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mika is NOT fap-worthy