Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teacher Rapes Girl, Girl Kills Self, Teacher Gets....30 Days.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Teacher Rapes Girl, Girl Kills Self, Teacher Gets....30 Days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Completely crazy from start to finish, including the "deferred prosecution agreement". The Judge should be impeached, and the prosecution should appeal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he still getting payed?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. Probably gets to keep his pension too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paid

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to outraged about this, but this post made me realize that maybe this is all just an unfortunate misunderstanding, and he just repped her.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the teen's death, the prosecution entered into what is known as a "deferred prosecution agreement" with Rambold.
    This meant that all charges against Rambold would be dismissed if he completed a sex offender treatment program and met other requirements. One of them was to have no contact with children.
    Has this "agreement" existed for awhile in our INJUSTICE system?

If it has, then it needs to be removed from it. Statutory Rape is Statutory Rape no matter who thinks who looked older or whatever bullsh*t that moronic Judge thought. The Girl was UNDERAGE(14)! You do not make deals like this and I am not surprised there's outrage.

Then again, get a good lawyer, get lucky to end up with an incompetent judge, and one can get away with just about anything these days....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read this story on the Washington Post site and was amazed at the number of people backing up the judgement and making excuses for the teacher. This isn't some guy that got lured in by jail bait whose age he didn't know. This is a teacher that was put in a position of responsibility and took advantage of his position. I don't even care if the girl was the aggressor, that teacher is supposed to be the responsible one in this situation. Appalling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Deferred prosecution has existed for a long time and is a good option in certain cases. To use it in this case is a complete abortion of why deferred prosecution exists. As stated earlier, the judge should be impeached and the prosecution should appeal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yes, I believe a conditional discharge falls under this category. Typical cases are traffic violators having charges dropped or points reduced by attending a driving safety class or first time drug offenders having charges dropped after successful completion of probation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    What the hell does "older than her chronological age" mean or have to do with this? He then points out it wasn't violent - which is irrelevant. 14 is 14, violent or not, its statutory rape.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, the Judge just guaranteed the sentence will be overturned on appeal:

Hanlon said she was particularly upset that Baugh, said her daughter "seemed older than her chronological age" and was "as much in control of the situation" as the teacher.Baugh apologized on Wednesday.
    "I made some references to the victim's age and control," he told CNN affiliate KTVQ. "I'm not sure just what I was attempting to say at that point, but it didn't come out correct. What I said was demeaning to all women, not what I believe in and irrelevant to the sentencing."
    Since that was his express rationale for the sentence and he's just disclaimed it . . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, the last name isn't a coincidence - the Judge is Sammy Baugh's oldest son.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone reached a point when reading **** like this, that these mother****ers should just be shot by some raving lunatic vigilante?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    some raving lunatic vigilante?
    You first.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Paid
    you are a gud speler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think adults that harm or sexually abuse children should be hanged in the public square.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I think adults that harm or sexually abuse children should be hanged in the public square.
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his penis did his thinking. How about a year in the slammer and 5 years probation as the least case scenario.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his penis did his thinking. How about a year in the slammer and 5 years probation as the least case scenario.
    He was 49 and her teacher. She was 14. Are you kidding with 1 yr jail / 5 probation?

Heck, for those who choose roles as mentors for our children - teachers, clergy, etc. - Id throw the book at them even harder than "regular" folk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Are you:

1) Kidding?
    2) A pedophile yourself? or
    3) Just a complete ****ing moron?

Those are literally the only three options