Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I just don't see us being bad this year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We won 6 games, but I get your drift.

#yoloswag
    Whatever it was... Impressive we won THAT many with that pitiful excuse for an "offense!" Rex deserves a damn raise on that alone! haha

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Whatever it was... Impressive we won THAT many with that pitiful excuse for an "offense!" Rex deserves a damn raise on that alone! haha
    That pitiful excuse for an offense is Rex's responsibility. He is the Head Coach not the defensive coordinator. The buck stops with Rex. He is responsible for the whole team not just the defense.
    Raise? The man should have been fired for his last 2 seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    That pitiful excuse for an offense is Rex's responsibility. He is the Head Coach not the defensive coordinator. The buck stops with Rex. He is responsible for the whole team not just the defense.
    Does it not appear he may have fixed that this year?
    Schotty had to go... I don't think anyone would have predicted Sparano would have been as bad as he was.
    Rex hired Marty, and he's letting him do his thing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't bother, theres' a group here that are convinced that Sanchez is the root cause of all the woes the Jets have on offense.
    Sad thing is he'll probably be replaced by Geno and have the benefit of MM & Lee which will bolster their belief that it was all Sanchez. Meanwhile teflon Rex will look like a genius for selecting MM ( 2 years too late).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Don't bother, theres' a group here that are convinced that Sanchez is the root cause of all the woes the Jets have on offense.
    Sad thing is he'll probably be replaced by Geno and have the benefit of MM & Lee which will bolster their belief that it was all Sanchez. Meanwhile teflon Rex will look like a genius for selecting MM ( 2 years too late).
    Yeah... Because MM was available 2 years ago

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... Because MM was available 2 years ago
    My point is that if Rex didn't impart his G&P on the offense and let the Oc's do their thing we may have seen a big difference. The fact it took Rex 4 years to finally awaken and realize the league is a passing league just floors me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point is that if Rex didn't impart his G&P on the offense and let the Oc's do their thing we may have seen a big difference. The fact it took Rex 4 years to finally awaken and realize the league is a passing league just floors me.
    4 years whatever... How did the first 2 go?
    3rd didn't work, he tried to fix it.
    4th year was worse... He fixed it.
    People act as if we've been horrible from the moment Rex arrived.
    Looks like he's learning how to be a pretty good HC to me, and I know I'm not the only one.
    And I am FAR from a "kool aid fan"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is an abundance of evidence all the way through this years preseason that Sanchez IS the problem. You cannot continue to ignore reality and argue it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha what a little Rex hater we have here.. Newsflash, Rex is not the GM, Rex is not the worst qb in the NFL.. If he was he either would have been canned.. Will explain how football works to you- the GMs job if you forget is to produce players for the coach to coach.. Rex always guided MT on what D players to grab in draft or FA, but obviously MT had no clue what he was doing on either side of the ball because the decisions on offense have been horrendous.. Extending mark to a guaranteed contract making us stuck with him until next yr.. Some people want to say Rex haters want to say Rex wanted to use all the draft picks for defense.. Ha again he is not the Gm.. MT was a terrible gm, and mark Sanchez has been a terrible qb past 2 years.. They are the 2 who have killed the jets..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    There is an abundance of evidence all the way through this years preseason that Sanchez IS the problem. You cannot continue to ignore reality and argue it
    Haha man are you serious? Your already making excuses for mark? Do you really think Lee and MM are football gods? I guess the jets are just smarter than everyone else in the NFL otherwise many teams would have been throwing millions at these guys for them to come to their team.. Sure they could have went anywhere, but decided to come to the jets circus at the kindness of their hearts I had hoped mark would finally wake up, but I see a near exact replica of Sanchez except with longer hair.. He does look slightly better than terrible, which as you point out maybe MM and lee who I agree are upgrades in our staff.. But these guys are not miracle workers, it's obvious mark will always make the bonehead killer turnovers from time to time.. You are right though with geno, it's much easier to teach a rookie than it is a 5th yr qb who would not have been a starter for 95% of teams past 2 two years... And if geno does well I will give some credit.. And if he doesn't do great I'm not going to blame them either.. In the NFL should not be blaming coaches for players playing bad.. This isn't pop Warner or high school.. I know watching mark makes it feel like that sometimes..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry my last reply was for ^ this guy not johnysd.. Tough to see on iPhone

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Sorry my last reply was for ^ this guy not johnysd.. Tough to see on iPhone
    Haha... I was wondering

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Haha what a little Rex hater we have here.. Newsflash, Rex is not the GM, Rex is not the worst qb in the NFL.. If he was he either would have been canned.. Will explain how football works to you- the GMs job if you forget is to produce players for the coach to coach.. Rex always guided MT on what D players to grab in draft or FA, but obviously MT had no clue what he was doing on either side of the ball because the decisions on offense have been horrendous.. Extending mark to a guaranteed contract making us stuck with him until next yr.. Some people want to say Rex haters want to say Rex wanted to use all the draft picks for defense.. Ha again he is not the Gm.. MT was a terrible gm, and mark Sanchez has been a terrible qb past 2 years.. They are the 2 who have killed the jets..
    Newsflash... the HC picks his coaching staff. Rex chose to keep Schotty and stuck with him for 3 years. Rex chose to hire Sparano.
    The HC is also responsible for developing the players on his team. Not just the defensive players, all the players. He did not help in the development of Sanchez. Starting with hiring his buddy as QB coach to not pushing to develop a team and game plan that maximized Sanchez strength.

Here is another Newsflash, under MT, the head coach had a lot of say as to the players that were drafted. Is it coincidence that under Mangini MT had far more hits than misses compared to the players MT picked under Rex?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 years whatever... How did the first 2 go?
    3rd didn't work, he tried to fix it.
    4th year was worse... He fixed it.
    People act as if we've been horrible from the moment Rex arrived.
    Looks like he's learning how to be a pretty good HC to me, and I know I'm not the only one.
    And I am FAR from a "kool aid fan"
    If he is learning how to be a pretty good HC why has his record been on the decline the last 2 years?
    You would think that someone who is learning to be a pretty good HC would be improving year to year. Rex is going in the wrong direction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Opinion are like arseholes, everyone has one. Until you can produce the stats to back up your opinion..(without those stats is just your hope. An Undrafted FA Rod streater who didn't even start had 39 receptions for 584 yards 15 yards average 3 Td's . Now compare that to 2nd round pick S Hill 21 receptions 252 yards 12 yard average. (was a starter) Which one would you take. Looking at that I could make a case that Rod streater is the real beast and would start on any team.

Again the Jet wr corps out perform raiders wr corp this year, than come back and make your case whose is better. Until than your just throwing your opinions out there and want me to accept them as fact. ( have nothing tio support your position)
    There isn't a thing Marcel Reece can't do better than Chris Ivory. HE bigger , faster and catches the football much better than Ivory. Fact. A better runner too.

I not even going to waste my time arguing Mcfadden is better (maybe when he puts 170 more on Jets defense again) There is no need as self explanatory,.
    Your quoting BS stats like they mean something do you even watch games or just look at the final stat line? Ivory has over a 5 YPC average and has always looked good when in the game. What does it matter how many yards Hill had his rookie year for that matter? You think his rookie year is his max? If you break down his play he had a very good year. Just because Sanchez didnt throw him the ball 8-9 times a game doesnt meant he didnt to a good job. It is hard to put up yards when your QB flat out ignores you and yes Sanchez ignored him. He had like 40 targets 10 of which where from McEloy. Your telling me he just played better when Mac was it?

Serious non related question to you. How good of a season do you think Bey will have as the #2 in Indy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And your hangin your hopes on a talented yet raw rookie. You say Sanchez has not outplayed Geno , I say he has its not really that close.

You say Sanchez has been consistently bad for 4 years. I'll ask you 1 simple question, do you notice a marked improvement in our offense this preseason. Sanchez and Geno are coming into this season like they were both rookies facing a brand new offense , in my eyes Sanchez has looked much smoother , more decisive and generally more comfortable running this offense and that is in no small part due to MM. You can look at the past 4 years , but what I saw was an outdated offense that desperatly tried to run at all costs. As a result our QB was hung out to dry, I'm sure almost any NFL QB in that system would have looked like crap. But you can rely on the past to predict the future , I look at the present and in the present Sanchez is a better QB than Geno.
    Your talking improvement on a QB that has been in the league 4 years now. Yeah. He may have the slowest learning curve ever. Game one all I saw was the same old Mark just different plays. He is scared to throw it to his WRs. Game 2 I saw a guy they had to keep in the game vs 2nd and 3rd string players to make him look better. I'll give him this he didnt quit that is an improvement. Game 3 Mark goes down looked good for what 7 plays. Not real impressed with his body of work and he hasnt exactly blown the door of the rookie. If your looking at the present then you can say neither look all that good. That said why not go with the one with the higher upside? You make it sound like Mark has been easy better. He hasnt the guy has major rookie flaws in his game and is a 5th year now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The offense looks markedly better this preseason why ???? Because we finally have a competent set of offensive coaches not taking direction from the DC. So who's ignoring reality ??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Your talking improvement on a QB that has been in the league 4 years now. Yeah. He may have the slowest learning curve ever. Game one all I saw was the same old Mark just different plays. He is scared to throw it to his WRs. Game 2 I saw a guy they had to keep in the game vs 2nd and 3rd string players to make him look better. I'll give him this he didnt quit that is an improvement. Game 3 Mark goes down looked good for what 7 plays. Not real impressed with his body of work and he hasnt exactly blown the door of the rookie. If your looking at the present then you can say neither look all that good. That said why not go with the one with the higher upside? You make it sound like Mark has been easy better. He hasnt the guy has major rookie flaws in his game and is a 5th year now.
    Yes a QB that was stuck with offensive ineptitude from the coaching starting with the Head DC. You notice no improvement at all in Sanchez this PS, then I guess you be forever blinded by your past memories. He has been easily better so far in the games that have been played you just don't want to admit it. I don't care if Geno has more upside , he's not ready now. At this point unless he is injur3ed Sanchez should be the starting QB for the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No the pitiful offense was due to Rex's GM not giving him the talent you need to field an offense. It's pretty simple, when he had a running game and an OL even with a rookie Sanchez their offense was efficient or serviceable if not exciting.

If you don't have the horses how is it your fault? To those who blame Rex, where exactly do you think he went wrong coaching this group, how could he have made them the offense that you wanted. The simplistic answer is to not think and just blame Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes a QB that was stuck with offensive ineptitude from the coaching starting with the Head DC. You notice no improvement at all in Sanchez this PS, then I guess you be forever blinded by your past memories. He has been easily better so far in the games that have been played you just don't want to admit it. I don't care if Geno has more upside , he's not ready now. At this point unless he is injur3ed Sanchez should be the starting QB for the Jets.
    You are a broken record.