Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twitter War between Hubbuch & LaCanfora regarding media coverage of Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I feel like Kyle Wilson...something is happening quickly and IDK WTF it is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way the local hacks and NEspin cover the Jets you would think that they had a locker room full of murderers and a coach who cheated for eight seasons

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why read about an internet fight on Twatter when there are plenty of those already here on the Strip?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The way the local hacks and NEspin cover the Jets you would think that they had a locker room full of murderers and a coach who cheated for eight seasons
    True but Goodell would never let that happen, oh wait . . .

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i stopped following hubbuch on twitter awhile back, everything that he tweets is bile and snide comments about the jets..

everyone should unfollow that guy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Why read about an internet fight on Twatter when there are plenty of those already here on the Strip?
    because they're supposed to be adults?

The last 2 weeks have seen a full-court doosh from the NYP writers: Serby, Costello, Hubbuch, and whatever other miscreants are over there. Enough already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    As a die hard Jets fan I only follow football and not the media hype...if you knew nothing about football and watched news about the Jets, you would probably assume that they are and have been the worse team in football for decades even though they have one losing season in the last 5 years. I deal with reality instead of perception. Dolphins and Bills are getting all kinds of nice words and the Bills have to play the Patriots with a rookie QB who I believe won something like 4 games in college. Sanchez got hurt on Saturday but dodged a bullet....Geno had three picks but still looked good at other times in the game. To play it safe they brought in another QB and will not play smith in the last pre season game. They also have looked good in three pre season games. The media is upset because they really have no stories to write about the Jets...they call the QB battle a controversy when it's nothing more than a competition...it's a controversy in NY but not in buffalo lol. Jet management have made moves that looks like will field a competitive team in 2013....all that and they have 12 picks in 2014. Dolphins last playoff win was 13 years ago and longer for the bills. Bengals get nothing but love and they last won a playoff game 30 years ago....Ryan 4-2 in the playoffs in 4 years....marvin lewis 0-4 in the playoffs in 11 years.....that is what I see...not the idiotic banter about every move the Jets make. I guess that's why I enjoy the game and cannot get riled up when buffoons bad mouth the Jets.
    Very nice post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    good article except putting Sanchez in was the dumbest move in the history of coaching, I don't care how lousy he is. He was our starter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    As a die hard Jets fan I only follow football and not the media hype...if you knew nothing about football and watched news about the Jets, you would probably assume that they are and have been the worse team in football for decades even though they have one losing season in the last 5 years. I deal with reality instead of perception. Dolphins and Bills are getting all kinds of nice words and the Bills have to play the Patriots with a rookie QB who I believe won something like 4 games in college. Sanchez got hurt on Saturday but dodged a bullet....Geno had three picks but still looked good at other times in the game. To play it safe they brought in another QB and will not play smith in the last pre season game. They also have looked good in three pre season games. The media is upset because they really have no stories to write about the Jets...they call the QB battle a controversy when it's nothing more than a competition...it's a controversy in NY but not in buffalo lol. Jet management have made moves that looks like will field a competitive team in 2013....all that and they have 12 picks in 2014. Dolphins last playoff win was 13 years ago and longer for the bills. Bengals get nothing but love and they last won a playoff game 30 years ago....Ryan 4-2 in the playoffs in 4 years....marvin lewis 0-4 in the playoffs in 11 years.....that is what I see...not the idiotic banter about every move the Jets make. I guess that's why I enjoy the game and cannot get riled up when buffoons bad mouth the Jets.
    Topnotch.

I'd add that teams like the Bucs and Lions (lots of high draft picks, loads of FA talent, superstar players in megatron and dougie, and the only other relevant QBs to come out of Sanchez's draft) have less wins and playoff appearances (let alone playoff wins) over the last 5 years than the Jets, yet they get nothin but love. With the rosters those two teams have, Rex would have already seen a super bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    good article except putting Sanchez in was the dumbest move in the history of coaching, I don't care how lousy he is. He was our starter.
    Maybe but the problem is that you can't go from "Get Sanchez out of here!" to "Why did you risk Mark Sanchez?" Reeks of hypocrisy.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Clark...the dog pee'd in the picnic basket!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Maybe but the problem is that you can't go from "Get Sanchez out of here!" to "Why did you risk Mark Sanchez?" Reeks of hypocrisy.
    The problem is those people were putting the cart before the horse. They figured Geno would just come in and light it up day 1 and there would be no looking back. We have a society full of "I want it now - entilitists" who feel everything they want and need should be given to them - damn the repercusions. These kind of people don't care that Sanchez ironically "right now" represents the Jets best chance at winning because they're done with him and need to see their shiny new toy and if and when that new toy has a couple of bad games in a row - they'll be done with him and looking to the 2014 draft for the next new toy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's my problem with the media and with certain posters here - its all hypocritical Monday morning QBing. They went from Sanchez sucks / QB competition to Geno's performance in PS game 3 automatically coronating Sanchez as starter on the spot. When Sanchez went in, he was still presumably in a competition and potentially the #2.

The arguments conveniently change to fit the overall agenda - criticize Rex and/or the Jets Front Office.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Lacanfora getting owned.
    You're probably confused with all of the @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'s

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hard to follow; harder to swallow.

The Wilson comment stands; whatever his performance numbers show, he always looks like Lucy on that assembly line.

Next case.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wilson comment stands; whatever his performance numbers show, he always looks like Lucy on that assembly line.

Next case.
    How did that go over your head?

I approve of your post. It was great. Wilson waves his finger in the WRs face even after he gets burned.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How did that go over your head?

I approve of your post. It was great. Wilson waves his finger in the WRs face even after he gets burned.
    lol

dadgummit

I get lost in the twitterverse. I am always a beat behind. It's a fun game to play, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Next case.

Go play in traffic Troll Boy!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    I really wish people would stop saying that. NO ONE HERE KNOWS WHO THE STARTER IS/WAS GOING TO TO BE. It's all assumption. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to think that the team could've decided to start Geno regardless of what happened against the Giants. Also possible that they still haven't decided yet. But this whole meme about "Sanchez was our starter" is based on nothing but speculation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They all pile on. I was watching NFL Total Access last night and the hostess was talking about the Jets having signed that QB the other day to fill in as a warm body for the Thursday game. At the end of the report she was talking about how the Jets are sitting Geno in case he has to start Game one and she threw in this brilliant insightful comment "what a mess". I don't get it. Whats a mess? The Eagles are sitting Vick, is that a mess? Why are the Jets a mess because Geno is sitting on Thursday? Are they a mess because buttfumbles got hurt? Its just morons piling on. Manish and these dooches can f themselves. The idea that Sanchez getting injured is some sort of big deal or a pox on Rex is ridiculous. No one cares about Sanchez. He isn't better then Geno or Simms or anyone else.