Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Jets need a fast start

Our Jets need a fast start

Is it really outrageous to think that the Jets can go 3-1 in the 1st 4 games?
    A fast start would be huge in regards to their schedule.
    Bucs @ home (win) could happen
    @ Pats (loss) Jets do play better vs Pats in Gillette than at home
    Bills @ home (win) rookie QB, Loud stadium vs very good Dline
    @ Titans (win) Jets should have won this game last year & half the team packed it in

After these 4 games, Holmes will probably be 100%, Goodsen will be back giving us a serious threat in the RB screen game.
    Coples will be back in the groove & the D should really be meshing by this time
    The Oline takes time to get on the same page
    MM will be opening up the playbook as the offense gets familiar with the base offense.
    I truly believe that we finally have very good coaching on both sides of the ball & if we can get out to a fast start, the team will gain some confidence & could really make for a very fun 2nd half of the season.
    Can't wait!

This is the year to get it done again up at Gilette, no reason we can't start 3-0, then again no reason we can't start 0-3.
    Last edited by Harrier; 08-29-2013 at 10:14 AM.

I think they could eke out a win against Tampa.....

After that, it's anyone's guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think they could eke out a win against Tampa.....

After that, it's anyone's guess...
    It is anyones guess but it's not like you would be SHOCKED if we beat the Bills at home & Titans on the road?
    I mean everyone in the media would be falling off of their collective chairs if that were to happen! Can you imagine the worst team in NFL history beating the likes of Tampa Bay, Buffalo & Tennessee? I mean at that point they would have to acknowledge that Rex, MM & Lee must know a little something...right? If that were to happen & the team gets some confidence, Rex will be on a mission!
    Our run defense with Snacks & Ellis will be way better than it was in that Titans game last year (Sanchez was ready for the loony bin)
    I believe we had no Pouha, no Devito & no Ellis in that game?

All Pro
    I dont think its impossible....but going 3-1 would imply that we are getting good QB play the first 4 games.....I just don't see where that's coming from.....right out of the gate at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    This is the year to get it done again up at Gilette, no reason we can start 3-0, then again no reason we can't start 0-3.
    From your lips to gods ears. If we could pull that off I believe with the money & the picks the Jets have in 2014, you really would be seeing a changing of the guard in the AFC East.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    From your lips to gods ears. If we could pull that off I believe with the money & the picks the Jets have in 2014, you really would be seeing a changing of the guard in the AFC East.
    I agree, we don't need to attack NE like we normally do, playing loads of nickel and using multiple DB's to blanket cover their threats.

We can get up in their face, knock Brady out of his rhythm and disrupte their timing, that's how we beat them in 10 and that's how we will beat them again.

Plus I like MM scheme against their defensive unit, we got a good shout in this one for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    It is anyones guess but it's not like you would be SHOCKED if we beat the Bills at home & Titans on the road?
    I mean everyone in the media would be falling off of their collective chairs if that were to happen! Can you imagine the worst team in NFL history beating the likes of Tampa Bay, Buffalo & Tennessee? I mean at that point they would have to acknowledge that Rex, MM & Lee must know a little something...right? If that were to happen & the team gets some confidence, Rex will be on a mission!
    Our run defense with Snacks & Ellis will be way better than it was in that Titans game last year (Sanchez was ready for the loony bin)
    I believe we had no Pouha, no Devito & no Ellis in that game?
    I agree. The only game that will be very difficult will be Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I dont think its impossible....but going 3-1 would imply that we are getting good QB play the first 4 games.....I just don't see where that's coming from.....right out of the gate at least...
    But we won 6 games last year WITHOUT good QB play.

I don't think anyone is saying we could go 3-1 based on how good WE are, but rather on how "not good" those three opponents (supposedly) will be.

I'd venture to say if we get "good QB play" in those games, we don't just win them, we win them handily . . .

EDIT:

Having said that, without "good QB play" we could easily lose the next 5 games, going into the bye 3-6. At that point 6-10 would be a goal, not an expectation . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 08-29-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

I don't think anyone is saying we could go 3-1 based on how good WE are, but rather on how "not good" those three opponents (supposedly) will be.

I'd venture to say if we get "good QB play" in those games, we don't just win them, we win them handily . . .
    Against 6 crap teams like us.

The past two years I have always said that the Jets are a good QB away from being very good. Hopefully, Geno Smith can have a Cam Newton type of surprise start to his career. We already know Sanchez is ht garbage. ITS GENO TIME. Jets are resting their starters today and as such Geno Smith is not playing. If Sanchez was healthy he'd start and Simms would back him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Against 6 crap teams like us.
    Exactly my point.

Do you think TB, Buff and Tenn have any significant advantage over us? If so, what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    The past two years I have always said that the Jets are a good QB away from being very good. Hopefully, Geno Smith can have a Cam Newton type of surprise start to his career. We already know Sanchez is ht garbage. ITS GENO TIME. Jets are resting their starters today and as such Geno Smith is not playing. If Sanchez was healthy he'd start and Simms would back him up.
    You need more than QB, you need a RB,TE, and LB ay least plus some time on the D.

All Pro

EDIT:

Having said that, without "good QB play" we could easily lose the next 5 games, going into the bye 3-6. At that point 6-10 would be a goal, not an expectation . . .
    I understand that part but you can't have Sanchez buttfumbling and throwing pick 6's to DL and expect to beat ANYBODY in this league.....

We start 3-1....you bet your ass whoever is playing QB is playing decent to good during that 4 game stretch......

Jets Insider VIP
    Exactly my point.

Do you think TB, Buff and Tenn have any significant advantage over us? If so, what?
    experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You need more than QB, you need a RB,TE, and LB ay least plus some time on the D.
    We have RB's TE's and Lb'ers. Qb has been our weakest position. With a good qb last season Kerley has 1100 yards ad 8 TD's. With a good Qb we can run the ball because teams respect the pass. Sanchez is absolutely terrible. I hope he never starts a game again for the Jets. MOVE ON from Sanchez. HE STINKS.

I understand that part but you can't have Sanchez buttfumbling and throwing pick 6's to DL and expect to beat ANYBODY in this league.....

We start 3-1....you bet your ass whoever is playing QB is playing decent to good during that 4 game stretch......
    So you're agreeing that 6 times last year Sanchez played "decent to good"? I'll give him the 1st Bills game, the Indy game and the STL game. That's half our wins. The other half were just as much a product of how BAD our opponent was as how GOOD Sanchez (or the rest of the team) played.

Again, if you think TB, Buff, and Tenn bring significantly more talent to the table, you're entitled to that opinion. But I could easily see a case where we're sitting at 3-1 WITH Sanchez and people are still calling for his head because of less than "decent to good" production . . .

So you're agreeing that 6 times last year Sanchez played "decent to good"? I'll give him the 1st Bills game, the Indy game and the STL game. That's half our wins. The other half were just as much a product of how BAD our opponent was as how GOOD Sanchez (or the rest of the team) played.

Again, if you think TB, Buff, and Tenn bring significantly more talent to the table, you're entitled to that opinion. But I could easily see a case where we're sitting at 3-1 WITH Sanchez and people are still calling for his head because of less than "decent to good" production . . .
    Sanchez is the primary back-up to Geno! What are you talking about? Its obvious. Geno started game 3. Sanchez played with back ups in game 3. Geno is not playing game 4 when healthy because Rex is resting his starters.

All Pro

I don't......

We lost to Tenn and Buff with "Bad Sanchez" behind center last year and I doubt we beat a TB team that added Revis and Goldson with "Bad Sanchez" or "Rookie Geno with limited reps" behind center