Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another borderline first round bust for the Pats...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Good. About as sure as you clowns were the last time we played you in the playoffs? That was a pretty guaranteed bet as well wasn't it?
    I wish your team would make it to the playoffs more than once every few years so the sampling would be greater than it is and your point might have some validity.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I wish your team would make it to the playoffs more than once every few years so the sampling would be greater than it is and your point might have some validity.
    You wish your team could win SB's without the help from cheating, illegal video and a never used obscure rule that was pulled out of Walt Coleman's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    and the pats will still win the afc east again in 2013. lock it up
    You'd like that, wouldn't you? Being that you're such a big Pats fan.
    Last edited by JoeyStylez; 08-29-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Yes its the goal. Every year.

Then see what happens in the tournament.

What the Jets goal? First pick in the draft?
    "football talk" doesn't suit you.

go back to your cave, troll.

(i'll join you back in teh Hampur shortly)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Can you imagine the uproar from SOJF's if Rex's 2nd rounder busted that bad?

People here come unglued when a 2nd takes a few years to develop , and a 4th washes out
    Dowling missed the final 14 games of 2011 after rupturing his patellar tendon.
    Things didn't go much better for Dowling in 2012. Dowling saw action in six games, but his season ended in October when he tore his quadriceps.

Was the guy a bust or was it that he couldn't stay healthy?

Also, everyone is automatically elevating Ducasse to a new level. Let's wait to see how he does in regular season games after teams have the chance to game plan.

Pats fans hate to bring this up, but here's a fact: Bellicheat could've have packaged all those picks he has had the last few years to move up and grab a legit blue chip rookie at any time, and he has refused to do so. Atlanta moves up to get Julio Jones, Skins move up to get RGIII, even the Jets move up to get Sanchez. The Hooded Cheater could have done the same thing at any time recently, but never pulled the trigger. Think the Pats could use a J.J. Watt right now? Or an A.J. Green? Earl Thomas? Mo Wilkerson? Of course. Instead BB hoards picks for God knows why, then uses them on mostly stiffs. If not for Brady this idiot would be joining Rich Kotite on the golf course.

EDIT: Yes I know Sanchez didn't turn out to be blue chip, my point is BB could've gone after a highly touted prospect in a position of need to make his team better, and he didn't. As a Jets fan, I'm glad.
    Last edited by JoeyStylez; 08-29-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Can you imagine the uproar from SOJF's if Rex's 2nd rounder busted that bad? People here come unglued when a 2nd takes a few years to develop , and a 4th washes out
    RAS-I was indeed a bust as a 33rd pick. * cough**cough* Vernon Gholston at #6 *cough**cough*

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Pats fans hate to bring this up, but here's a fact: Bellicheat could've have packaged all those picks he has had the last few years to move up and grab a legit blue chip rookie at any time, and he has refused to do so. Atlanta moves up to get Julio Jones, Skins move up to get RGIII, even the Jets move up to get Sanchez. The Hooded Cheater could have done the same thing at any time recently, but never pulled the trigger. Think the Pats could use a J.J. Watt right now? Or an A.J. Green? Earl Thomas? Mo Wilkerson? Of course. Instead BB hoards picks for God knows why, then uses them on mostly stiffs. If not for Brady this idiot would be joining Rich Kotite on the golf course. EDIT: Yes I know Sanchez didn't turn out to be blue chip, my point is he could've gone after a highly touted prospect in a position of need to make his team better, and he didn't. As a Jets fan, I'm glad.
    **cough**cough** Dan Marino **cough**cough** Warren Sapp........see how easy that game's played?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Pats fans hate to bring this up, but here's a fact: Bellicheat could've have packaged all those picks he has had the last few years to move up and grab a legit blue chip rookie at any time, and he has refused to do so. Atlanta moves up to get Julio Jones, Skins move up to get RGIII, even the Jets move up to get Sanchez. The Hooded Cheater could have done the same thing at any time recently, but never pulled the trigger. Think the Pats could use a J.J. Watt right now? Or an A.J. Green? Earl Thomas? Mo Wilkerson? Of course. Instead BB hoards picks for God knows why, then uses them on mostly stiffs. If not for Brady this idiot would be joining Rich Kotite on the golf course. EDIT: Yes I know Sanchez didn't turn out to be blue chip, my point is he could've gone after a highly touted prospect in a position of need to make his team better, and he didn't. As a Jets fan, I'm glad.
    **cough**cough** Dan Marino **cough**cough** Warren Sapp........see how easy that game's played? And to think the Pats could have packed picks to move up and snag Sanchez before the Jets got the chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    **cough**cough** Dan Marino **cough**cough** Warren Sapp........see how easy that game's played?
    LOL

Not really

You're bringing up misfires from as far back as 30 years ago.

We're talking about your CURRENT HC and front office blowing the majority of their picks over the past decade, despite having a sh*t load of them year after year.

If it wasn't for Brady, the Pats would be in the gutter right now. And the "genius" BB would be the main cause of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    "football talk" doesn't suit you.

go back to your cave, troll.

(i'll join you back in teh Hampur shortly)
    You suck at it too.

(See ya in abit)

All Pro
    **cough**cough** Dan Marino **cough**cough** Warren Sapp........see how easy that game's played? And to think the Pats could have packed picks to move up and snag Sanchez before the Jets got the chance.
    Honey and eucalyptus works really well for persistent coughing problems.

Hall Of Fame
    I think the Pats need to be really concerned that overall team toughness has suffered as a result of the AH episode. Who will be the "enforcer" now on the offensive side of the ball?

You should stop sucking cocks under the bridge or you will loose your voice for good. You already started coughing.

All League
    I've said this before. I am amazed on how much time is wasted on here worrying about what the Pat's do and do not do. I could give a sh1t. This has been more of a NE board all summer than NY Jets. Very sad

RAS-I was indeed a bust as a 33rd pick. * cough**cough* Vernon Gholston at #6 *cough**cough*
    The point is that the Pats and Belichick have been felatted by the media at draft time every year for 'shrewdly' trading down, deferring picks to future years and making multiple picks. Every team has good picks and bust picks but the Pats have erred in almost always trading down and almost never staying put or trading up during a time when they have a HOF QB and Coach who keep the team in the hunt year after year. One can't help but wonder that if they had actually gone aggressively after some great players in the draft or at least stayed put in the years where they had two 1st and two 2nds that they might have gotten those one or two extra pieces to put them over the hump.

They haven't won the prize in the last 8 years despite being a good team each year. Part of that has been due to draft strategy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...b-rasi-dowling

No one does less with more than lying Bill, he goes in every year with tons of picks and ends up trading them or picking busts every year, even his fabulous 2010 class has fallen on it's face.
    Have you looked at our 2010 class?????

Jets Insider VIP
    Jet fans ragging on other franchises for bust draft picks. Oh the irony.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I've said this before. I am amazed on how much time is wasted on here worrying about what the Pat's do and do not do. I could give a sh1t. This has been more of a NE board all summer than NY Jets. Very sad
    Yet you feel the need to take time out to post on a subject about which you do not give a sh1t. Got it. Just so we can all keep our own lists straight, are there any other topics about which you do not give a sh1t and which you feel are not worthy of space here?

I myself tend not to post in such threads. <shrug> different strokes I suppose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Have you looked at our 2010 class?????
    I have out of the 4 picks that year only Kyle and Vlad remains.. In the Pats case they had 12 picks in 2010 at least none of our 4 killed anyone.