Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you tailgate the the Sheraton Meadowlands?

All League

Can you tailgate the the Sheraton Meadowlands?

Hey guys looking for a little friendly advice. So I get home from Afghanistan on the 20th and naturally I bought tickets for the Jets game on the 22nd! I booked a room at the Sheraton for the night with the GF and was hoping to tailgate in the Sheraton hotel parking lot. So I can have as many cold ones as I want and not have to worry about getting my car back over to the hotel at the end of the game. Has anyone done this before or know if this is common practice? I just assumed it would be since the hotel is right there. Also if you have any suggestions for the bigger tailgate parties around the stadium i'd love to check it out. Any help appreciated, thanks guys.

Veteran
    you can most likely just walk into a parking lot and tailgate with anyone. if i can make that game you can come in and tailgate with us!

First, thank you for service to our country......My buddy and I are going to the game, would you like to join us for food and drinks?

I hate to tell you this but I tried the same thing for a concert figuring I was being smart. And the police absolutely would NOT allow us to walk over from the hotel.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by OurOwnerIsARealWoody View Post
    I hate to tell you this but I tried the same thing for a concert figuring I was being smart. And the police absolutely would NOT allow us to walk over from the hotel.
    Did they give you a reason?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by OurOwnerIsARealWoody View Post
    I do believe they have a shuttle from the hotel to the stadium on game day

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    you can most likely just walk into a parking lot and tailgate with anyone. if i can make that game you can come in and tailgate with us!
    May give it a shot. thanks

I believe someone didn't quite "make it" to the other side

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJet View Post
    I do believe they have a shuttle from the hotel to the stadium on game day
    Thank you for your service ArmyJet. You can't party in the hotel parking lot, drove down & stayed there for 2011 Sunday night debocle vs Pats.
    But you can get a shuttle over to the parking lot & party at someones tailgate, my nephew was there with people when we went.
    We did walk back to the hotel after the game because waiting for that shuttle can be weeks,lol. Be careful walking back, you have to climb a big hill up to the highway, & cross over the street with cars hauling azz.

Thanks for your service and welcome back. There will be nothing better than watching the Jets take out the trash on the 22nd (the Jills).

I would recommend just getting over to the parking lot early and joining someone's tailgate. Bring your own beers and people will welcome you in; I very rarely drive to games but I always tailgate. The Sheraton parking lot won't be much fun, and they probably won't allow it. Also as many have mentioned, it may appear close to the stadium as the Jet flies but as the fan walks you will experience a Tron-like vortex of roads that will challenge your agility and wit. The shuttle may be your best option.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Thanks for your service and welcome back. There will be nothing better than watching the Jets take out the trash on the 22nd (the Jills).

I would recommend just getting over to the parking lot early and joining someone's tailgate. Bring your own beers and people will welcome you in; I very rarely drive to games but I always tailgate. The Sheraton parking lot won't be much fun, and they probably won't allow it. Also as many have mentioned, it may appear close to the stadium as the Jet flies but as the fan walks you will experience a Tron-like vortex of roads that will challenge your agility and wit. The shuttle may be your best option.
    Great, thanks! Looks like we'll just get there early and catch the shuttle and make some friends! Always easy after a few beers any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post

You are so right!
    It looked close but it was a harrowing experience & it reminded me of the old man from Maine that says, " you can't thayar from heah"
    No one would know unless you try it. That walk back to the Sheraton sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    here is a great jets tailgate
    http://www.tailgatejoe.com/
    Thanks for the plug

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJet View Post
    Hey guys looking for a little friendly advice. So I get home from Afghanistan on the 20th and naturally I bought tickets for the Jets game on the 22nd! I booked a room at the Sheraton for the night with the GF and was hoping to tailgate in the Sheraton hotel parking lot. So I can have as many cold ones as I want and not have to worry about getting my car back over to the hotel at the end of the game. Has anyone done this before or know if this is common practice? I just assumed it would be since the hotel is right there. Also if you have any suggestions for the bigger tailgate parties around the stadium i'd love to check it out. Any help appreciated, thanks guys.
    You don't come home from Afghanistan and then have to deal with drinking in a hotel parking lot if I have any say. Leave your crap home and come tailgate with us, as my guest, the donation is on me. Just shoot me a pm with your name and I'll add you and a +1 to the guest list. Least I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Thanks for the plug

You don't come home from Afghanistan and then have to deal with drinking in a hotel parking lot if I have any say. Leave your crap home and come tailgate with us, as my guest, the donation is on me. Just shoot me a pm with your name and I'll add you and a +1 to the guest list. Least I can do.

Class act TGJOE!!!!

All League
    Thanks for the plug

PM sent, thanks Joe

Thanks for the plug

You're a good man Joe. We've been looking for a good group to tailgate with since most of our guys quit coming when the PSLs started, where are you setting up these days? We'll have some extra chairs and triple espresso vodka waiting for you ArmyJet.

Hey Joe, is your cousin old enough for jello shots yet?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Welcome home AJ!
    Enjoy the game.

Thanks for the plug .

Well done Joe And a big thank you to ArmyJet for your service and giving us the freedom to do what we do.

All League
    Speaking of tailgating. I can't remember, but can you put up canopies while tailgating? I wanted to bring a small one that would cover the tailgate if my SUV in case it rains on the day I come up in October.