Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why REX is like HERM..... post of a SOJF

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Why REX is like HERM..... post of a SOJF

Below is a top ten list from a fan I know who we share E mails with. He is about the most negative SOJF I know. But this is both funny and thought provoking. Thought I'd share.

TOP 10 WAYS REX RYAN REMINDS ME OF HERM EDWARDS
    ================================================
    1) Compensates for being inarticulate by using bad cliches to answer every question.
    2) Shows a lot of passion and emotion when critical thinking might serve him better.

3) Considered a defensive genius even though his defenses don't scare anyone.

4) The man runs a football franchise worth billions of dollars but if he wasn't a football coach you probably wouldn't trust him to pump gas at the local Sunoco Station.

5) Reinforces the silly stereotype that people with bad grammar are stupid

6) Has a reputation for being a "player's coach". Good thing because the fans hate him.

7) Never held accountable for coaching some of the worst offensive teams in the league.

8) Makes you long for the good old days when we used to lose the big game. (Ok...I am being generous here. The "big game is the AFC Wildcard weekend.)

9) All of their wins as a coach should be vacated when they accept a job as an ESPN analyst.

10) There is an odd sense of accomplishment when we cover the spread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    One of my old girl friends LOL.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Below is a top ten list from a fan I know who we share E mails with. He is about the most negative SOJF I know. But this is both funny and thought provoking. Thought I'd share.

1) Compensates for being inarticulate by using bad cliches to answer every question.
    2) Shows a lot of passion and emotion when critical thinking might serve him better.

4) The man runs a football franchise worth billions of dollars but if he wasn't a football coach you probably wouldn't trust him to pump gas at the local Sunoco Station.

6) Has a reputation for being a "player's coach". Good thing because the fans hate him.

7) Never held accountable for coaching some of the worst offensive teams in the league.

8) Makes you long for the good old days when we used to lose the big game. (Ok...I am being generous here. The "big game is the AFC Wildcard weekend.)

9) All of their wins as a coach should be vacated when they accept a job as an ESPN analyst.

Pile of garbage. At best there are partial truths to one or two of those.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Your friend is an idiot if he starts off with Herm is inarticulate.

Had to stop there

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

to paraphrase someone's sig here:

whatever dummy wrote that makes dumb people look not so dumb.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing in common is their clock management sucks ass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Al of our coaches follow the same pattern. They come in and are exact opposites of their predecessors. They start out great and are adored. They then decide to lose weight and then they totally suck as coaches thereafter. Rinse repeat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    stupid list. But Herm and Rex are alike in a few ways:

Neither has a clue on clock management. Completely awful.

For some unknown reason, both praise mediocrity among their players throughout the season.

Both engage in fabulous double talk (lots of words that say absolutely nothing).

Both ignore the offense to the point of damaging the team, with Rex being the worse of the two culprits.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id take Club Herm over Ringling Rex any day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in this entire post does it even attempt to answer why Rex is like Herm?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't see any similarities

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even close, Rex never did this....Herm the original Giant Killer.

Last edited by Apache 51; 08-28-2013 at 05:53 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan is completely shell-shocked so far this season in his press conferences.

He starts off EVERY response to a question with, "Well again" or "Again." Even if a question is completely new and unique.

I've never heard him do that so regularly in the past. He's very uncomfortable up there this year. It's very obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You play to have a good defense!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Id take Club Herm over Ringling Rex any day.
    this speaks volumes

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    "You play to have a good defense!"
    Lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some legitimate comparisons between the two - clock management, praising players.

Too bad your friends list doenst contain any of those legitmate ones