Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Eagles @ Jets

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Eagles @ Jets

@nyjetsJets first-year QB Matt Simms will make his first pro start in tonight's preseason finale vs. the Eagles at MetLife Stadium.

@nyjetsJets who will not play vs. PHI tonight: QBs Mark Sanchez & Greg McElroy; CBs Antonio Cromartie & Dee Milliner, DT Kenrick Ellis ...

@nyjets...LBs Quinton Coples and Josh Mauga, WR Santonio Holmes, TE Kellen Winslow, C Nick Mangold, & RB Mike Goodson (NFI).

@SethWalderNYDNGeno Smith is on the field, tossing the ball with Stephen Hill and Sheldon Richardson. #nyj

@SethWalderNYDNNo surprises in players Jets announce won't play tonight. Surely, there will be more. #nyj

@CLoprestiWFANGeno Smith not on the list of players who DEFINITELY won't play but don't expect to see him out there. Matt Simms gets the start. #NYJ

#yoloswag

Hall Of Fame
    Has there been an update on Ellis' injury?

Are all starters out?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    #RestTheKerley

@Steiny31Ellis Lankster and Kyle Wilson are starting at CB. Damon Harrison at DT. Ricky Sapp at OLB.

@BrianCozGeno Smith and QBs coach David Lee doing a lot of work on the field pregame #nyj

@BrianCozMike Goodson was on the sideline in street clothes. Just went back to the locker room. He is not playing tonight. #nyj

#yoloswag

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    @nyjetsJets first-year QB Matt Simms will make his first pro start in tonight's preseason finale vs. the Eagles at MetLife Stadium.

@nyjetsJets who will not play vs. PHI tonight: QBs Mark Sanchez & Greg McElroy; CBs Antonio Cromartie & Dee Milliner, DT Kenrick Ellis ...

@nyjets...LBs Quinton Coples and Josh Mauga, WR Santonio Holmes, TE Kellen Winslow, C Nick Mangold, & RB Mike Goodson (NFI).

@SethWalderNYDNGeno Smith is on the field, tossing the ball with Stephen Hill and Sheldon Richardson. #nyj

@SethWalderNYDNNo surprises in players Jets announce won't play tonight. Surely, there will be more. #nyj

@CLoprestiWFANGeno Smith not on the list of players who DEFINITELY won't play but don't expect to see him out there. Matt Simms gets the start. #NYJ

#yoloswag
    Sorry, but i have to.

This Deez Millner stuff is scaring me. Seriously, has the guy played a putrid quarter or two in PS, and basically misses all TC and PS with nagging injuries.

This is the guy we are just supposed to insert week 1 of the season, and not expect him to get abused?

Im not sure whats worse: Wilson at 100%, or Milliner with no practice and injury nagged.

Hall Of Fame
    Milliner was good in the Detroit game and played poorly against Jacksonville w/ a calf strain.

Milliner on one leg is better than Wilson.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Milliner was good in the Detroit game and played poorly against Jacksonville w/ a calf strain.

Milliner on one leg is better than Wilson.
    Well, i apologize for jumping the gun.
    I did not see the DET game, and was unaware he was playing, and well.
    Thanks for the correction.

@KMart_LIMatt Simms will make first pro start tonight vs. #Eagles; Geno Smith also active for #Jets ~> bit.ly/17mILNj #nyj

@rlangejetsWe're 23-13 all-time in preseason vs PHI, incl 9 wins in last 12 meetings. Eagles are 9-0 over us in the regular season.

@rlangejetsJets in white jerseys, pants tonitte, have worn white/white all preseason. Record in w/w under Rex Ryan: 21-17 (5-4 PS, 13-12 RS, 3-1 POs).

#yoloswag

@BrianCozMichael Vick and Geno Smith were just chatting at midfield. #nyj

@rlangejetsMatt Simms' drive stats last 2 preseasons w/ Jets: 2012: 5 3-and-outs. 2013: 1 TD, 2 FGs, 1 missed FG, 3 punts, 1 end-of-game.

@BrianCozDan Carpenter is No. 4. Finally those Favre jerseys can be worn again! #nyj

#yoloswag

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Well, i apologize for jumping the gun.
    I did not see the DET game, and was unaware he was playing, and well.
    Thanks for the correction.
    IMO he played well in the Detroit game. By no means is my opinion definitive but I am pretty sure the coaches agreed. He had a nice play in the end zone where he was on the WRs hip, located the ball and broke up the pass. That is a play that I don't think I have ever seen Wilson make in 3 + years.

The Jacksonville game was awful. He was playing soft and basically let the WRs dictate everything to him. But I think his calf was bothering him so I am going to throw that one away. That said, his health is a concern b.c he did have FIVE surgeries in college. Hopefully he will be healthy for the opener. I am not expecting greatness in Year 1. I think he will hold his own if he is willing to use his size and athletic ability to his advantage.

@KristianRDyerGraham Harrell will wear No. 8. At least for the next couple days.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    For us guys out of state or on vacation, I hope you guys give us lots of details on the game.

And McG I have an apple and your link only works with PC.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    For us guys out of state or on vacation, I hope you guys give us lots of details on the game.

And McG I have an apple and your link only works with PC.
    ...what link?

#yoloswag

@rlangejetsRookie WR Ryan Spadola is 3rd in the NFL this preseason with 169 receiving yards, 7th in league with 169 yards from scrimmage.

#yoloswag

Veteran

Smile

@KristianRDyerGraham Harrell will wear No. 8. At least for the next couple days.

#yoloswag
    The next Boomer????

All Pro
    @rlangejetsRookie WR Ryan Spadola is 3rd in the NFL this preseason with 169 receiving yards, 7th in league with 169 yards from scrimmage.

#yoloswag
    Really interested in seeing what he can do when they start playing games that count

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    The next Boomer????
    Didn't Boomer wear number 7?

Jets Insider VIP
    ...what link?

#yoloswag
    The link you gave me last game in your reply post.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The link you gave me last game in your reply post.
    You'll havevto clarify what you mean

#yoloswag