Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 125

Thread: ***RUMOUR**** Sanchez Unlikely to Play Week 1

  1. #1

    ***RUMOUR**** Sanchez Unlikely to Play Week 1

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...or-jets-opener

    Mark Sanchez viewed as unlikely to be ready for Jets' opener

    NFL.com

    Published: Aug. 29, 2013 at 07:17 p.m.

    New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is viewed as unlikely to be ready for Week 1, several sources involved in the situation told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport on Thursday.

    Sanchez is dealing with a deep shoulder bruise, and he hasn't even thrown yet. The Jets still view Sanchez's injury as day to day, but there is an internal fear that he could be out longer than just Week 1.

    There also is a growing understanding that rookie Geno Smith will likely be the Jets' Week 1 starter at quarterback. Smith's coming back from an ankle injury, but looked good going through pregame warmups with QB coach David Lee today.
    Was going to post this in the game thread but was afraid it might get buried. Hope Geno is ready...

  2. #2
    Would rather live with a rookie making mistakes and learning from them, rather than a five year 'veteran' preforming idiotic turnovers.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Would rather live with a rookie making mistakes and learning from them, rather than a five year 'veteran' preforming idiotic turnovers.
    +1

    No sense in delaying the inevitable. Let the kid learn. He'll be fine.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    Media reaching again

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Media reaching again
    Huh? I understand you have it ingrained into your subconscious that anything anti-Sanchez is garbage, but Ian Rapoport is one of the best reporters out there.

  6. #6
    It's being reported on NFL Network as well.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    +1

    No sense in delaying the inevitable. Let the kid learn. He'll be fine.
    I honestly disagree. I really think Sanchez should hold the fort down as long as possible and give Geno some time to sit & learn but if Mark is hurt enough to miss week one then throwing Geno out their is an obvious decision and I have no issue. Just hope we finally found the guy to lead us for the next decade.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I honestly disagree. I really think Sanchez should hold the fort down as long as possible and give Geno some time to sit & learn but if Mark is hurt enough to miss week one then throwing Geno out their is an obvious decision and I have no issue. Just hope we finally found the guy to lead us for the next decade.
    I am neither a Sanchez nor Geno apologist, but it is crucial that we evaluate what we currently have in Geno, in order to make an adequate decision relating to drafting a QB next year. The QB class in 2014 is incredibly deep, and if Geno cannot prove he is the man by then, we have to move on like the Panthers did with Clausen.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I am neither a Sanchez nor Geno apologist, but it is crucial that we evaluate what we currently have in Geno, in order to make an adequate decision relating to drafting a QB next year. The QB class in 2014 is incredibly deep, and if Geno cannot prove he is the man by then, we have to move on like the Panthers did with Clausen.
    THIS!!!!!!!! You are dead on -- and I am a Sanchez supporter. It's time to evaulate Geno is real game situations (we know Sanchez's pros and cons). Give us 16 games to do so. If Smith can learn and develop into a QB, great. If not, time to prepare for a QB in next year's draft with Sanchez coming off of our books.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I am neither a Sanchez nor Geno apologist, but it is crucial that we evaluate what we currently have in Geno, in order to make an adequate decision relating to drafting a QB next year. The QB class in 2014 is incredibly deep, and if Geno cannot prove he is the man by then, we have to move on like the Panthers did with Clausen.
    I'm so glad that someone else get this. I've been using this same example all offseason. A lot here feel as if Geno is guaranteed to be "the future" beyond this season. If he sucks, he's Clausen 2.0. I just feel we'll get the most out of Geno, THIS SEASON, by going letting him sit for a bit then come in later on (Week 5 or 6 at least).

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,537
    It's crucial we have a 1% chance of winning football games. Geno can be evaluated when he is ready. Sanchez, hate him or not still has a winning record in this league. I will believe reports when they provides sources. Until then its speculation

  13. #13
    Looks like Idzik, Rex and MM have made their minds up, they will use the Sanchez injury as "we have no choice" to start Geno.

    In reality they wanted him to win all along and finally start a new chapter with Geno, and I for one am fully behind them all.

    Now go get em kid!




    Oh and please let this rumour be accurate.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I just hope this can be a positive thing by seasons end. Really sick of mediocrity from the position.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    It's crucial we have a 1% chance of winning football games. Geno can be evaluated when he is ready. Sanchez, hate him or not still has a winning record in this league. I will believe reports when they provides sources. Until then its speculation

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,537
    Guess you don't realize the only reason Geno is being considered for this game is because of the deep shoulder bruise. I won't waste my time

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Guess you don't realize the only reason Geno is being considered for this game is because of the deep shoulder bruise. I won't waste my time
    What you fail to realize, is starting Sanchez is shortsighted and foolish for the franchise. I do not hate Mark, in fact, I think he seems like a loyal teammate. However, it is far more essential for the Jets to understand what they have with Geno. in time for the 2014 draft.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Looks like Idzik, Rex and MM have made their minds up, they will use the Sanchez injury as "we have no choice" to start Geno.

    In reality they wanted him to win all along and finally start a new chapter with Geno, and I for one am fully behind them all.

    Now go get em kid!




    Oh and please let this rumour be accurate.
    Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

    Why do people need conspiracy theories? They had an open competition, if they wanted to sit Mark, they could have sat Mark. They don't need excuses to start "their" guy.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

    Why do people need conspiracy theories? They had an open competition, if they wanted to sit Mark, they could have sat Mark. They don't need excuses to start "their" guy.
    I wouldn't be a jet fan if I did not believe every decision had a good conspiracy theory behind it would i?

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I wouldn't be a jet fan if I did not believe every decision had a good conspiracy theory behind it would i?
    Yeah, what was I thinking? LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us