Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 125

Thread: ***RUMOUR**** Sanchez Unlikely to Play Week 1

  1. #81
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    What you fail to realize, is starting Sanchez is shortsighted and foolish for the franchise. I do not hate Mark, in fact, I think he seems like a loyal teammate. However, it is far more essential for the Jets to understand what they have with Geno. in time for the 2014 draft.
    You are quite right. His fanatics will not go down quietly.

  2. #82
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    336
    Mark has ONE LESS INT than Geno. It's not like he was just blowing Geno out of the water. Mark had a Pick 6 to a damn D lineman and he was in scoring position and blew a scoring opportunity twice. People need to get a grip when comparing Mark a 5th yr vet to Geno playing his FIRST START EVER! I fully expect Geno to get better from here but with Mark this is what he is.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    Mark has ONE LESS INT than Geno. It's not like he was just blowing Geno out of the water. Mark had a Pick 6 to a damn D lineman and he was in scoring position and blew a scoring opportunity twice. People need to get a grip when comparing Mark a 5th yr vet to Geno playing his FIRST START EVER! I fully expect Geno to get better from here but with Mark this is what he is.
    Which is why just looking at the numbers is the worst thing to do when evaluating the performances. Geno's 3 int's came in one game...no....ONE HALF. The INTs themselves were all horrible or a byproduct of something horrible. Holding the ball to long, throwing the ball up for grabs, or completely missing the defender he just stared at for what seemed like a lifetime and throwing the ball right into his arms are all mistakes that tell us he isn't ready yet.

    Mark had the pick six fine, but the second INT, IIRC, was pinned on miscommunication with Winslow. Regardless even with those two picks, Mark was still more comfortable and in charge of the offense which is more important than anything else. Geno was double clutching left and right, trying to force something when there was nothing there, not recognizing certain defensive packages and so on. Yes these are typical rookie mistakes, but they occur because the game is moving is moving to fast for the Quarterback. Some time on the bench and in the film room can help slow things down for Geno and better prepare him for his first regular season start. That's not a bad thing at all. Expecting Geno to get better doesn't mean he will. Things need to be handled the correct way.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 08-30-2013 at 01:23 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Which is why just looking at the numbers is the worst thing to do when evaluating the performances. Geno's 3 int's came in one game...no....ONE HALF. The INTs themselves were all horrible or a byproduct of something horrible. Holding the ball to long, throwing the ball up for grabs, or completely missing the defender he just stared at for what seemed like a lifetime and throwing the ball right into his arms are all mistakes that tell us he isn't ready yet.

    Mark had the pick six fine, but the second INT, IIRC, was pinned on miscommunication with Winslow. Regardless even with those two picks, Mark was still more comfortable and in charge of the offense which is more important than anything else. Geno was double clutching left and right, trying to force something when there was nothing there, not recognizing certain defensive packages and so on. Yes these are typical rookie mistakes, but they occur because the game is moving is moving to fast for the Quarterback. Some time on the bench and in the film room can help slow things down for Geno and better prepare him for his first regular season start. That's not a bad thing at all. Expecting Geno to get better doesn't mean he will. Things need to be handled the correct way.
    You should re-watch the game. And re-watch Sanchez. Everything you are saying is wrong.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    You should re-watch the game. And re-watch Sanchez. Everything you are saying is wrong.
    Re-watched the Giants game three times already. Lets tackle Geno's INT's and performance. What was wrong with anything I said. The holding on to the ball too long that occasionally led to errant passes, one of which was picked off? The staring competition with Tuck? Or the awful throw he made under pressure that was intended to go god knows where and instead ended up in the hands of another defender? The countless three-and-outs/punts his drives ended in? You say I'm wrong? Then back that up.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 08-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.

  6. #86
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Which you robbed from my SIG....
    I'm allowed, lol

  7. #87
    Jet Nut's avatar needs more swag, anyway, Mogdawg.

  8. #88
    This is great news. Geno can start, and stink it up this season (because he's trash).

    One step closer to Teddy Bridgewater


  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I'm allowed, lol
    Fahza pls.

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jet Nut's avatar needs more swag, anyway, Mogdawg.
    3uhlxq.jpg

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    This is great news. Geno can start, and stink it up this season (because he's trash).

    One step closer to Teddy Bridgewater

    Insightful. Where's your crystal ball at, I wanna check up on some lotto numbers. Even if Geno end up sucking (I don't think he will) we wont lose nearly enough for Bridgewater. We aren't that f'ng bad. Negative bs like this is mind numbingly dumb.

  11. #91
    All of Geno's INT's are fixable with coaching and experience. Throwing the ball to a DL for a pick six is also fixable. Wait, that wasn't Sanchez's first one and won't be his last one. He is the back-up and when healthy I feel very comfortable with him being backup. MM just needs to simplify the offense and run the ball more until Geno hits his stride. Week 5 is when things get rough and if Geno can survive and play well in first 4 weeks then his confidence will just continue to grow. I don't know if Geno is the future, but he is the future for 2013.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    THIS!!!!!!!! You are dead on -- and I am a Sanchez supporter. It's time to evaulate Geno is real game situations (we know Sanchez's pros and cons). Give us 16 games to do so. If Smith can learn and develop into a QB, great. If not, time to prepare for a QB in next year's draft with Sanchez coming off of our books.
    You guys aren't going to heap any praise from Charlie Brown or other Sanchez apologists but your right on.. I'm not sold on smith, I want to see him in live action.. Not going to judge him off 1 pre season game.. This is a rebuilding yr anyway, and putting mark in wouldn't do any good anyway..

  13. #93
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    75
    I agree. That seems to be the perfect scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I'm so glad that someone else get this. I've been using this same example all offseason. A lot here feel as if Geno is guaranteed to be "the future" beyond this season. If he sucks, he's Clausen 2.0. I just feel we'll get the most out of Geno, THIS SEASON, by going letting him sit for a bit then come in later on (Week 5 or 6 at least).

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Not exactly shocking news and I feel Gino will be ready......in an emergency situation I have confidence with simms under center.

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    I'm thankful that the team does not share your sentiments about them being a rebuilding team. They are putting the best players to be competitive in 2013.....they are looking to compete.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    You guys aren't going to heap any praise from Charlie Brown or other Sanchez apologists but your right on.. I'm not sold on smith, I want to see him in live action.. Not going to judge him off 1 pre season game.. This is a rebuilding yr anyway, and putting mark in wouldn't do any good anyway..

  16. #96
    Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
    ESPN's Ed Werder said on SportsCenter Mark Sanchez's shoulder injury "could, in fact, be serious enough to keep him out multiple weeks."
    Yep, the Geno era is upon us.

    I don't think Mark will ever start a game for the Jets again

  17. #97
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,793
    “A source said the most optimistic timeline the Jets have been given on Sanchez is he could play in Week 1, but it depends on how quickly Sanchez can begin throwing again,” Brian Costello wrote in the New York Post.
    We won't know anything for sure unti Wednesday the earliest

  18. #98
    It's really the perfect scenario for Rex and the FO. No decision to make and no media-hyped blame if Smith stinks the place up. And they can bring Sanchez back in without repercussions either. Even if he's still average they'd have no choice if Geno can't cut it. I said a long time ago it could happen this way. A bruise is pretty hard to prove, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was all contrived.

  19. #99
    This is a non-story cooked up by the media:

    Sanchez is "viewed" as unlikely to play. So am I.

    There is a growing "understanding" that Geno will play week 1. "Understanding" by who? If it isn't by the decision-makers on the team then it's just media speculation.

    Let me know when the coaches make an actual announcement. Otherwise this is all rumor and opinion.

  20. #100
    It is what it is...next man up. If Sanchez is ruled out to play for Wk#1...then Geno will get the start and Simms should be the backup.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us