Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the Jets exaggerating Sanchez's injury?

Are the Jets exaggerating Sanchez's injury?

The scenario is just too good to be true for Rex and the FO. Think about it... Mark is "hurt" so Geno has to start. There will be no declaration of a competition winner or loser to be second guessed or be torn into by the media if whatever choice they made goes wrong. And it leaves open the option to put Sanchez back in if it turns out that Geno just isn't ready and stinks.

If Sanchez started and played ok, how do they put Geno in? Now that Geno is in first if he does great then no one will complain about not putting Sanchez in.

So even if Geno won the competition, this is still the perfect way to hedge their bet. How do you prove how bad a bruise is? It's just non-specific enough to not be questioned. I don't even think what I'm saying is conspiracy theory here, it's just a smart business move by Ryan and Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The scenario is just too good to be true for Rex and the FO. Think about it... Mark is "hurt" so Geno has to start. There will be no declaration of a competition winner or loser to be second guessed or be torn into by the media if whatever choice they made goes wrong. And it leaves open the option to put Sanchez back in if it turns out that Geno just isn't ready and stinks.

If Sanchez started and played ok, how do they put Geno in? Now that Geno is in first if he does great then no one will complain about not putting Sanchez in.

So even if Geno won the competition, this is still the perfect way to hedge their bet. How do you prove how bad a bruise is? It's just non-specific enough to not be questioned. I don't even think what I'm saying is conspiracy theory here, it's just a smart business move by Ryan and Idzik.
    Oh look, another conspiracy theory thread...

The TMZ media has destroyed this fan base's braincells!!!

Disclaimer: Sorry JNN, no offense, but the conspiracy theory activists on this site drive me CRAZY!!!!!

The facts, as I see them:

Sanchez outplayed Geno, but Geno impressed. Geno proved he may not be ready just yet, but still showed a lot. Sanchez simply outplayed him, and he progressed a great deal under MM this pre-season and training camp.

If Sanchez is healthy, he is the opening day starter.

If not, Geno gets his shot, it's up to him to seize the opportunity and keep Sanchez on the bench, even when he is healthy. If Smith impresses, he will continue to play, otherwise, I can see Sanchez starting when healthy, if he isn't ready week 1.

No more, no less, no TMZ conspiracy theories, Rex is running a real football operation, he's not catering to anybody, and the media can go **** themselves!

Jets are keeping information close to their collective chest. The way things should have been, are being now, and will be from now on. I think Idzik brought this approach here, and it's creating a lot of speculation from lack of true information.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Sanchez outplayed Geno, but Geno impressed. Geno proved he may not be ready just yet, but still showed a lot. Sanchez simply outplayed him, and he progressed a great deal under MM this pre-season and training camp.

If not, Geno gets his shot, it's up to him to seize the opportunity and keep Sanchez on the bench, even when he is healthy. If Smith impresses, he will continue to play, otherwise, I can see Sanchez starting when healthy, if he isn't ready week 1.

No more, no less, no TMZ conspiracy theories, Rex is running a real football operation, he's not catering to anybody, and the media can go **** themselves!
    Agreed. 10 years ago...The Panthers started Rodney Peete. game 1, 2003 he sucked and Jake Delhomme came in. An unknown Eurpean NFL player and they went to the SB. Mark should start IMO. The FIRST sign of poor play, pull him.
    B

Jets Insider VIP
    I think sanchez is actually more hurt then they are letting on. I wouldnt be surprised if something is slightly torn in there.

All League
    You play to WIN the game.

I think the exact opposite to be honest. I think he's hurt more, but they want to take the pressure off of Rex with the decision to play him (which I had no problem with), and delay the announcement as much as possible. If they announced early on that Sanchez is going to be out for an extended period of time, the media would go nuts again, but if they string them along, they can control some of the media's shenanigans. I think it's more PR control than anything. We see this all the time with the Pats too, where they are always vague about injuries and it's a surprise when people come back or are out for the game. It does no good for the Jets to announce that Sanchez is hurt for a considerable period of time, so might as well control how the information is released. I think it's being media savvy for a change.

All League
    Yes they are. They even sent him out there hoping he would get hurt

OMG that makes TOO MUCH SENSE!!! It'll never happen.

Geno out played Sanchez in the preseason.

Veteran
    V

Are you an idiot?
    Dump this idiotic thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Made too many mistakes at a time, though.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

Of course all 83 qbs that played in the PS but Leinart and Teblow outplayed girly headband boy

Tony Soprano.jpg

Hall Of Fame

Once Geno starts he is not getting replaced unless he gets injured or goes nuclear (2 TDs / 20 INTs).

If that is Wk 1 then we have likely seen the last of Sanchez.

LOL -- just keep fighting the good fight . . .

I never said they didn't make a football choice. Only that spinning it this way gives Mark a graceful exit and covers their tail. So if I'm wrong, one of two announcements will have to be made on Wednesday:

1) Mark won the competition but since he's hurt Geno will play until he is better
    or
    2) Geno is starting because he won the competition.

Right? I'm betting they won't say anything about the competition and just say Geno is starting by default. When pressed, they will say it is still to close to call. It's all about spin, and has nothing to do with not picking the worthy candidate. Let's see what happens Wednesday. If they announce either choice 1 or 2 above I will gladly admit I was wrong.

No, he didn't, no matter how hard you want to convince yourself otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Once Geno starts he is not getting replaced unless he gets injured or goes nuclear (2 TDs / 20 INTs).

If that is Wk 1 then we have likely seen the last of Sanchez.
    Um, so what is the point of this post, I pretty much said the same thing.

Geno has to perform in the first game, and probably the second game, to keep the job.