Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sapp as Coples Fill In

Sapp as Coples Fill In

Sapp brings so much more to the table in terms of speed and athleticism, I simply dont see how McIntyre should be the opening day starter opposite pace at OLB.

Our defensive line is going to be very strong (literally and figuratively) and if Carl Nicks is out for Tampa, which is looks like, we should have an advantage on the interior - which is all the more reason to get Sapps speed and athleticism on the field.

He has remained healthy all pre-season (his one biggest knock) and has the stats with 2 sacks and at least one pass knocked down along with multiple pressures. I hope he is out there with the first group vs Tampa.

McIntyre is a lot better we already have enough one dimensional OLBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Can you tell me what he is better at? Hes slower, unable to cover anyone at all, and isnt as good of a pass rusher.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Can you tell me what he is better at? Hes slower, unable to cover anyone at all, and isnt as good of a pass rusher.....
    Be prepared for the standard "he cant set the edge" response. LOL.

McIntyre wouldn't make the practice squad of any other NFL team. On the Jets, he's a starter.

All League
    He never sets the edge

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    McIntyre wouldn't make the practice squad of any other NFL team. On the Jets, he's a starter.
    If he actually started for the Jets, you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Pretty much everything but blitz. Which we dont need anther one of those. Sapp is a one trick pony we really cant use at all. He could be Usane Bolt it doesnt make him a better OLB.

As I look at out OLBs Sapp is just over Davis. Barely. Behind Smith, Coples Pace, Barnes, and McIntyre. In no way should this team even consider putting Sapp in anther game.

As I look at out OLBs Sapp is just over Davis. Barely. Behind Smith, Coples Pace, Barnes, and McIntyre. In no way should this team even consider putting Sapp in anther game.
    Disagree, not sure what you were watching. Sapp played a very good game. He, along with the whole defense was winded at the end of the game, but Sapp was very solid.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Disagree, not sure what you were watching. Sapp played a very good game. He, along with the whole defense was winded at the end of the game, but Sapp was very solid.
    I have to agree. Not sure what he was watching, Sapp was very solid tonight.

Being solid tonight doesnt mean he jumps 5 spots to be a starter. Maybe what he did tonight gets him on the roster. Your talking a guy that was fighting not to be cut. You like him great but he has had his chances and wasnt very good.

If McIntyre was playing against hese scuba tonight he would have looked like Clay Matthews.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sapp had a very good game. I am glad he is a jet!

Jets Insider VIP
    Being solid tonight doesnt mean he jumps 5 spots to be a starter. Maybe what he did tonight gets him on the roster. Your talking a guy that was fighting not to be cut. You like him great but he has had his chances and wasnt very good.
    Some guys develop at different speeds. Rex knows defensive personnel. He wants him for his team and I agree. Give the guy time to get experience at this level. He could open eyes.

Practice Squad
    Tonight was the first time I saw Sapp play with any instinct at all. He flew towards the ball carrier and was a substantial part of the defense. Don't know if he could start--we need a reliable run stuffer against the elusive hard running Doug Martin.

Do we have any idea when Coples will be back??

Exactly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sapps finally healthy.he's a good situational guy, like Barnes

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Negative...I watched the game again and Sapp was all over the field....McIntyre is ok but he was not making plays like Sapp was...if you think he is much better then I have no clue what you were watching tonight.