Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sapp as Coples Fill In

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    that statement makes little sense being that the defense was ranked 8th last year....it's like saying the Jets defense stinks....some of you need to think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    McIntyre wouldn't make the practice squad of any other NFL team. On the Jets, he's a starter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    that statement makes little sense being that the defense was ranked 8th last year....it's like saying the Jets defense stinks....some of you need to think before you post.
    Wishful thinking jetfreak.maybe there affected by a brown recluse bite,lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Wishful thinking jetfreak.maybe there affected by a brown recluse bite,lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not only was sapp disruptive in the passing game but he crashed down the line multiple times to help in the run game.

As far as the consistent "setting the edge" crap we have to read here anyone who thinks McIntyre can play should watch the Jacksonville tape from last year when he got blown out of the hole for their one long run or how he was manhandled at the LOS vs the giants on Wilson's long run or vs Jacksonville in week 2.

McIntyre is not mike devito. Not sure what else we need to see from sapp that he's more of an impact player

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    you owe me a breakfast Hitman

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Not only was sapp disruptive in the passing game but he crashed down the line multiple times to help in the run game.

As far as the consistent "setting the edge" crap we have to read here anyone who thinks McIntyre can play should watch the Jacksonville tape from last year when he got blown out of the hole for their one long run or how he was manhandled at the LOS vs the giants on Wilson's long run or vs Jacksonville in week 2.

McIntyre is not mike devito. Not sure what else we need to see from sapp that he's more of an impact player
    Do it against 1s and not back ups. I can see him getting more playing time as Rex develops more trust in him. If continues to play well he will get more action even if he doesn't start.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Ahh the old yards per game stat reference. Honestly, is there a more meaningless statistic in professional sports?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Disagree, not sure what you were watching. Sapp played a very good game. He, along with the whole defense was winded at the end of the game, but Sapp was very solid.
    I strongly agree with you. Sapp was all over the field! He played well and aggressively. I wonder which game some of these guys saw?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Wtf is that ... and where ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sapp brings so much more to the table in terms of speed and athleticism, I simply dont see how McIntyre should be the opening day starter opposite pace at OLB.

Our defensive line is going to be very strong (literally and figuratively) and if Carl Nicks is out for Tampa, which is looks like, we should have an advantage on the interior - which is all the more reason to get Sapps speed and athleticism on the field.

He has remained healthy all pre-season (his one biggest knock) and has the stats with 2 sacks and at least one pass knocked down along with multiple pressures. I hope he is out there with the first group vs Tampa.
    Thanks for the analysis Steiny