Thread: For the first time in a long time, I'm happy with our depth on Defense

For the first time in a long time, I'm happy with our depth on Defense

Our DL is stacked, 1-6; Harrison, Garay, and Douzable are an excellent second wave, with Garay being the worst of them. Barnes, McIntyre, Sapp, Lansannah and Bellore/Smith are as good as you can reasonably expect to have at LB. Our CB depth is impressive; Kyle Wilson may be the worst cover man in the group, and as much **** as he gets around here, he's NFL quality. Walls and Lankster are both good enough that if they were our third CB, I'd be OK, and Trufant is no worse than a No. 4 on most teams. He's small but he can play. At Safety, we lack quality in the starting rotation but Bush and Allen/Jarrett are definitely good enough as backups.

We could still use a stud pass rushing LB and stud S, but the reality is this D is stacked

Hall Of Fame
    I've liked what I've seen so far of our pass rush. Now that we have one.

All Pro
    I think we have some nice young talent on this D and we should have another stellar season on D. I think we finally stop taking steps back and finish better than what we did last year.

This D is a Stud OLB and Ball-Hawking Safety away from being really special.

Practice Squad
    I think the season will hinge on our offense being in the top 15. If we can make top 15, our defense can do the rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think our D will improve as the season goes on. With good backups and an improved offense, our D will play well in the 4 quarter rather than tiring out as the season moved on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Our DL is stacked, 1-6; Harrison, Garay, and Douzable are an excellent second wave, with Garay being the worst of them. Barnes, McIntyre, Sapp, Lansannah and Bellore/Smith are as good as you can reasonably expect to have at LB. Our CB depth is impressive; Kyle Wilson may be the worst cover man in the group, and as much **** as he gets around here, he's NFL quality. Walls and Lankster are both good enough that if they were our third CB, I'd be OK, and Trufant is no worse than a No. 4 on most teams. He's small but he can play. At Safety, we lack quality in the starting rotation but Bush and Allen/Jarrett are definitely good enough as backups.

We could still use a stud pass rushing LB and stud S, but the reality is this D is stacked
    This D has really gotten a lot younger. Pace is really our only aging veteran. There may be some rookie mistakes and if we were legitimately competing this year I would prefer a Devito-like guy out there, but the young talent is exciting.

The fact that we have a guy like Harrison who can step in for Ellis - and possibly surpass him - is very encouraging. Hopefully Coples is ready to go soon and we will have an exciting defense.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Don't forget these are boys playing amongst men, could take a year or two. D could be sick in two years.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I think the season will hinge on our offense being in the top 15. If we can make top 15, our defense can do the rest.
    Just curious how old you are bob?