Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye G-Mac

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye G-Mac

Sincerely,

M. Simms

PS : Hope the arm strength fairy pays you a visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should release Sanchez. He is not on the team next year anyway

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simms: 33/44, 285 yards, 0-0 TD/INT, 91.6 Rating.

Well, then...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No brainier, keep Simms dump McElroy. We've seen gmac with the starters, nuff said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    No brainier, keep Simms dump McElroy. We've seen gmac with the starters, nuff said.

unfortunately we haven't seen Simms with the starters. i do think McElroy is gone though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy has had opportunities so show us what he's got. Unfortunately, it wasn't much and it almost got him killed in the process.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    unfortunately we haven't seen Simms with the starters. i do think McElroy is gone though.
    I agree ... If Simms played consistently this well with the starters ... Smith would probably be our two going into the Season.

But reality is what it is and Smith really should play until its obvious he is not the answer ... Or Simms simply practices out of his mind good. He showed poise, accuracy and arm strength I haven't seen on this team since OB, maybe Vinnie.

Last edited by Dunnie; 08-30-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    We should release Sanchez. He is not on the team next year anyway
    Agreed. Why lose a young guy for a guy ready to be dismissed?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like G Mac but Simms is flat out better....G Mac is a good game manager but simms is a game changer. I also do not want that simms never played with the starters...if he looks this good now how do you think he would look with the starters. The offensive scheme also plays a major role...the jets qb situation is not nearly as bad as the media WANTS it to be. I have no doubt that geno will play well, but I have a lot of confidence in simms if his name is called....if sanchez can stop throwing interceptions he also gives us a shot. This team is going to be competitive. Simms finally got a chance and he has arguably been the best 3rd-4th string qb this pre season....this is a darn good situation for the jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    the bottom line is that this is a good situation for the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree ... If Simms played consistently this well with the starters ... Smith would probably be our two going into the Season.

But reality is what it is and Smith really should play until its obvious he is not the answer ... Or Simms simply practices out of his mind good. He showed poise, accuracy and arm strength I haven't seen on this team since OB, maybe Vinnie.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Listen, you did not see Gmac with the starters, you saw Gmac with an offensive scheme that played no better than what the there's are playing now, if not worse. Gmac did not have a fair shot, plane and simple. With that said, I agree, everything we do know of Gmac, Simms is our man hands down and I think should start week 1.

I don't care what team he was out there against last night, I watch him and Gino, Simms just looks so much more poised and comfortable. He seems to see the field better, he has a rocket for an arm and places the ball extremely well. Simms may just be that hidden diamond.

Who knows, Simms gets us a SB and in 10-15 some young manning gets us another few. I'll take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed. Why lose a young guy for a guy ready to be dismissed?
    Won't happen. The solution is right there. Buttfumble to either the IR and gone for the season and then forever.

OR

Buttfumble to the PUP list and gone for six weeks and then forever

Either we he's not pitching picks or standing around with the hangdog look on the sidelines and Smith and Simms get the chance to show what the offense can do with a real OC and real NFL qbs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Simms: 33/44, 285 yards, 0-0 TD/INT, 91.6 Rating.

Well, then...
    Good game for him but don't forget the two dropped pick sixes. He played pretty well all things considered (2nd and 3rd team). If he sticks we will likely never get to see him with the one's like GMAC and all the other previous bench dreams we may never know.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I was very impressed by Simms he brings athleticism as well as a great arm. He also showed fearlessness imho no reason to expose this player to another team. Keep him!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if Simms is as far ahead of McElroy as we all think. But, if its a fairly close competition, I'm sure McElroy's comments last year still resonate with some, even with the new administration. All things being equal, I'm sure Rex will give the tiebreak to Simms, if it comes to that. They kept McElroy last year because there was no one else, but my guess is he gets the boot for a variety of reasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't know if Simms is as far ahead of McElroy as we all think.
    We must have been watching different players. Simms v. McElroy is like night and day, talent-wise.

/shrug.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't know if Simms is as far ahead of McElroy as we all think. But, if its a fairly close competition, I'm sure McElroy's comments last year still resonate with some, even with the new administration. All things being equal, I'm sure Rex will give the tiebreak to Simms, if it comes to that. They kept McElroy last year because there was no one else, but my guess is he gets the boot for a variety of reasons.
    The key one being he simply cannot stay on the field. He's no use on the injured list no matter how good he is.

Simms showed conviction in making his throws, something I am totally unaccustomed to seeing. About halfway through the game I encountered this weird feeling of not going "OMG what's going to happen" when he set up to make a throw in a difficult situation. No heart in the throat feeling waiting for a disaster. Weird.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simms has way more upside than Gmac.

Tell me that facing an offense lead by Gmac would scare you....really? Don't care how "smart" he is, lots of NFL QBs are smart. Cut him loose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cimini reports that Rex is considering keeping 4 QBs:
    Rich Cimini‏@RichCimini6m
    Matt Simms was terrific, so Rex Ryan hints he may keep four QBs. #Jets http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...acular-vs-pats

Don't be shocked if Simms sticks and McElroy is IRd. Keeping 4 QBs on 53 is not a great idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Cimini reports that Rex is considering keeping 4 QBs:
    Rich Cimini‏@RichCimini6m
    Matt Simms was terrific, so Rex Ryan hints he may keep four QBs. #Jets http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...acular-vs-pats

Don't be shocked if Simms sticks and McElroy is IRd. Keeping 4 QBs on 53 is not a great idea.
    Do not get the infatuation with McElroy, he has been given more chances than he deserves. I tried to read up on IR rules but it's not clear if there is a limit to how many can be put there and what the roster implications are.