Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Non-NY Fans: Did Simms Win the #3 QB Job Tonight?

For Non-NY Fans: Did Simms Win the #3 QB Job Tonight?

Nothing worse than being a non-local unable to WATCH the Preseason games....

So, His line:

33-44, 285 yds, 0 tds

Per ESPN.

That looks quite solid. No INT's. No Fumbles (espn didn't say). 75% (wow) completion %. A win (albeit meaningless).

So, whats the line of QB then, Smith #1 (due to Sanchez Injury), Simms #2, Sanchez #3 till he is healthy then....who knows, depends on Smith?

That about right?

Indeed. His stats are more impressive when you consider he got sacked around 7 times.

There were also 3 or 4 drops of perfectly thrown balls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im not getting FIOS untill tomorrow so Time Warner gave me one last f u so I wasnt able to watch it. Im assuming there were a lot of quick slants and screens since the yardage seems pretty low for the amount of completions. Is this a correct assumption?

All League
    Most definitely. He should be on the roster.

There was a point after the Jets scored a TD that the camera cut to Sanchez and Geno on the sideline. Sanchez said something to Geno and Geno nodded his head in agreement. Pretty sure Sanchez said, "Damn, Simms looks better than both of us!"

3rd string? He's the best qb on the roster as of today..

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Most definitely. He should be on the roster.

There was a point after the Jets scored a TD that the camera cut to Sanchez and Geno on the sideline. Sanchez said something to Geno and Geno nodded his head in agreement. Pretty sure Sanchez said, "Damn, Simms looks better than both of us!"
    Plans to pull a "Tonya Harding" yet to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    3rd string? He's the best qb on the roster as of today..
    He looked very impressive, but I'm not ready to annoint him the Brett Ratliff award just yet.

Now that they have 3 serviceable QB's they should cut the worst one. Sanchez....

I dont see how Rex could keep Elroy over him after that. The guy showed a lot of heart and good ability. Vs 3rd team yes but Mac has never looked that good.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. He said non-NY fans.

Simms is a #2.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. He said non-NY fans.

Simms is a #2.
    I.e. Not IN NY, i.e. Non-Local.

Everyone knows I'm not, so ptttttthhhhhhhhhh!

He basically got beat around worse than McElroy in the Chargers game, yet came through it with a lot of poise. Third stringers, I know, yada yada. Still he has "it", at least in the preseason. Whether that translates to regular season "it" is for the coaches to project.

It's scary looking at his numbers because I vividly remember three, maybe four easy drops from receivers there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

Same.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

Curious as to why you would want to gauge them. Do you feel they have a different perspective bc they arent in NY?

And FYI for anyone who didn't see the game, it really wasn't all quick slants and screens. There were a decent amount of mid range out patterns there. It definitely was an NFL passing attack, not some Pac 12 screen fest.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

My thought was that unless you plan to keep him as a #1....he's too valuable to keep as a #3.

-

All Pro
    Simms made the roster tonight. The Jets would be crazy to let him go.

If Sims is playing the best out of our 3 QB's than start him. What do the Jets have to lose. They have plenty to gain because if Sims does well he becomes a valuable commodity. I would not be adverse to starting Sims game One?

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    My thought was that unless you plan to keep him as a #1....he's too valuable to keep as a #3.
    -
    How do you even know that? He is definitely a project. He earned the #3 spot but nobody in their right mind would put him ahead of Sanchez or Smith.