Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final 53 predictions

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    this guy came out of nowhere...he was making play after play...I was wondering if he ever gets tired....jets d line will be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Douzable showed up in every single preseason game, if anything Garay goes, we have Snacks and Ellis at NT, I think Douzie has more upside anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    another important factor is tha simms is also now up to speed with the offensive scheme...if he has to spell geno, I feel comfortable with that. Ifsanchez is healed the gets a shot if gino struggles and I not see that happeneing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If Sanchez misses the first two weeks it is VERY unlikely he would play at all this season. I do not see them going away from Geno once he starts, and if they did it would be more likely to got to Simms or McElroy at this point that Sanchez who won't be a Jet next year. And if he is going to miss several weeks IR is a possibility. Outside, because of Rex, but a possibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Other teams will be sniffing out any cuts we make on the defensive line. Man we are as deep as I can remember there.

Hall Of Fame
    I have a feeling the jets will be sure that whoever they release could not help the jets...I watched the last night and so of the young players were balling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Suspended or not I am pretty sure Goodson still counts on the roster.
    You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Suspended or not I am pretty sure Goodson still counts on the roster.
    Doesn't count during his 4 game suspension.

Nice work, Ray. Some disagreements from me:

Offense (25)

QB: (3)

Smith
    Sanchez
    Simms
    [McElroy to IR]

RB: (3)

Ivory
    Powell
    Bell (Until Goodson returns from 4 game suspension)

FB: (1)

Bohanan

OL: (9)

Ferguson
    Ducasse
    Mangold
    Colon
    Howard
    Winters
    Schlauderaff
    Smith
    Campbell
    [You've got the bottom two wrong. No way Smith stays over Aboushi after giving up 3 non-competitive sacks to backups. And Campbell's a project who isn't ready. Campbell to the PS, Aboushi and Shugarts make the team - then Shugarts gets cut in favor of a player cut somewhere else.]

TE: (3)

Cumberland
    Winslow
    Reuland

WR: (6)

Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    Gates
    Massoquoi
    Spadola

[Massaquoi isn't making this team - didn't show enough. The call is Obamanu v. Campbell, and they may just keep Campbell, since they like Spadola enough to play him in 4WR sets until Holmes gets back - and likely will cut the 6th receiver to make room for Goodson anyway (if they keep Obamanu for week 1, his contract becomes fully guaranteed)]

Defense (25)

DL: (6)

Coples
    Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Richardson
    Harrison
    Garay

[There is no way in hell that Leger Douzable gets cut. He not only sticks, but is game-day active and a big part of the DL rotation]

LB: (9)

Pace
    Harris
    Davis
    McIntyre
    Barnes
    Sapp
    Lansanah
    Belore
    Mauga

[Again, I see no way that Mauga makes the team. He's a borderline player with a history of injury - you don't keep a guy like that over Douzable, especially not the way Lansanah has flashed. I think the 53rd roster spot comes down to Jacquies Smith v. Shugarts]

DB: (10, 6 CB, 4 S)

Cromartie
    Milliner
    Wilson
    Walls
    Lankster
    Trufant
    Landry
    Allen
    Jarrett
    Bush

ST: (3)

K Folk
    P Malone
    LS Purdum

PS:

OT Aboushi
    WR Rogers
    TE Pantale
    C Freeman
    S Miles
    LB Smith

Decent work on the PS. I'd say Rogers, Campbell, Shugarts (if cut), Miles, Pantale, Hayden Smith [exemption], Freeman and Aumavae

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I sort of agree .., If Smith is the starter week one I say stick wi him as long as possible ... We need to really find out what he is. If he ****s the bed 5 weeks in a row I'd rather see Simms than Sanchez.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I once had the same injury Franchez er! my bad I mean suckchez another typo! Sanchez has been......it took 9 months to get better
    and a whole year to heal completely, the pain is UNBEARABLE.

Here is the final 53, for now, until tomorrow:

And this is how our final-53 roster looks tonight, in alphabetical order by position:

QB (4) — Graham Harrell, Mark Sanchez, Matt Simms, Geno Smith
    RB (4) — Kahlil Bell, Tommy Bohanon, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell
    WR (5) — Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Ryan Spadola
    TE (3) — Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland, Kellen Winslow
    OL (9) — Oday Aboushi, Will Campbell, Willie Colon, Vladimir Ducasse, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Austin Howard, Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff, Brian Winters
    DL (5) — Leger Douzable, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison, Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson
    LB (10) — Antwan Barnes, Nick Bellore, Quinton Coples, Demario Davis, David Harris, Danny Lansanah, Josh Mauga, Garrett McIntyre, Calvin Pace, Ricky Sapp
    DB (10) — Antonio Allen, Josh Bush, Antonio Cromartie, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Dawan Landry, Ellis Lankster, Dee Milliner, Isaiah Trufant, Darrin Walls, Kyle Wilson
    ST (3) — Nick Folk, Robert Malone, Tanner Purdum

I was close, missed on the 5 WR's, kept Massoquoi over the 4th QB Harrell, Harrell is insurance for Sanchez, for now

Smith cut over Aboushi, I had the rest

I thought Garay would get cut

Hit the LB's, DB's, TE's, RB's, ST's..