Offense (25)

QB: (3)

Smith
    Sanchez
    Simms

RB: (3)

Ivory
    Powell
    Bell (Until Goodson returns from 4 game suspension)

FB: (1)

Bohanan

OL: (9)

Ferguson
    Ducasse
    Mangold
    Colon
    Howard
    Winters
    Schlauderaff
    Smith
    Campbell

TE: (3)

Cumberland
    Winslow
    Reuland

WR: (6)

Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    Gates
    Massoquoi
    Spadola

Defense (25)

DL: (6)

Coples
    Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Richardson
    Harrison
    Garay

LB: (9)

Pace
    Harris
    Davis
    McIntyre
    Barnes
    Sapp
    Lansanah
    Belore
    Mauga

DB: (10, 6 CB, 4 S)

Cromartie
    Milliner
    Wilson
    Walls
    Lankster
    Trufant
    Landry
    Allen
    Jarrett
    Bush

ST: (3)

K Folk
    P Malone
    LS Purdum

PS:

OT Aboushi
    WR Rogers
    TE Pantale
    C Freeman
    S Miles
    LB Smith

I think Garay, is on the bubble, and I could see the Jets targeting DL either DE or DT on the waiver wire, same at RB, I don't think Bell is a lock, in fact, the Eagles are pretty deep at RB, a solid player could be cut, I could see one of those RB's being added over Bell until Goodson is ready.

Positions I think the Jets will target on waivers, DL, RB, LB, and maybe even S. WR could be a possibility depending on who becomes available.

Suspended or not I am pretty sure Goodson still counts on the roster.

Veteran
    I don't think Mauga deserves a roster spot. Has he even been on the field this preseason? I think 9 OL is too many for them to keep. Campbell most likely will be on the PS to work on his offensive line work.

Jets Insider VIP
    I didn't see Massaquoi do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I didn't see Massaquoi do anything
    yeah kinda hard to say he makes it over Obo who had a solid Preseason.

All League
    Good job ray.

I think Aboushi will be snapped up if cut. I'd keep him over Jason smith.

Doozy over Garay.

Obomanu over Massoquoi.

I haven't seen anything good from Campbell. I would be surprised if they kept him over Oday "my favourite player is Dan Marino" Aboushi.

Otherwise I mostly agree, good speculation.

I don't think Massaguio makes it, and I think the Jets now have a decision between Campbell and Obamanu. Campbell flashed. Zach Rogers despite the drop and muff, has showed a lot this preseason and we really don't have a great backup to Kerley. He could be a surprise roster player because he does have special teams value.

I think there is a chance Pace gets cut. Sapp flashed and we will play a LOT of 4 man fronts. Sapp and Lansannah could play OLB on rushing downs.

Aboushi played decently tonight. He may get the nod over Schlauderhauf.

No idea why you would think we would target DL in waivers, its maybe our strongest position. Could definitely see RB, LB.

QB will be interesting. A lot depends on how injured Sanchez is. There were conflicting signs from the sideline. I saw a couple people tap Sanchez on the shoulder, but at the same time he held his throwing shoulder very low, used his left hand a lot for things, and kept his right hand around the middle of his stomach a lot. Jets are doing a good job being vague because I could see it being very serious to relatively minor and truly day to day as they are suggesting. I think IR for Sanchez is a possible shocking move. If it is a multiple week injury, and likely would not be ready to play until week 4 or 5, by that time Geno will be entrenched as the starter most likely. Sanchez is very unlikely to fit into any 2014 plan so the best thing to do might be to IR him and move on.

Simms made the roster today. He will never get to the PS now, so we keep him on the 53 or lose him.

I just don't see them cutting McElroy. It is possible, but if they do, they essentially have 2 QBs on the roster going into next season and neither Geno nor Simms is a Manning or Brady or Brees where 2 QBs is OK. It does not sound like McElroy's injury is serious and he is a very good backup.

The Harrell signing is interesting. Is he PS eligible? If so maybe he is the scout team QB. But coming on the heels of Sanchez injury it suggests more than that. They signed him before McElroy retweeked his knee.

Maybe the Jets keep all 5. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Does not count until back

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He won't, he's on the non-injury reserve list, they can save a roster spot.

Because Massoquoi wasn't on the field much leads me to think he has a spot wrapped up, he's still learning the offense, can't compare production with a player like Obamanu, Obamanu has looked decent, but Massoquoi has more upside once he gets the offense down.

I struggled with Aboushi and Campbell, I thought Campbell looked pretty good, he's athletic, and very strong, he played pretty well tonight.

In Smith, I don't think we should use tonight as a barometer, he's only been with the team for 3 days, and is also still learning the offense and the blocking schemes, he's also very versatile, can play some TE in jumbo packages, can slide at FB, good ST's player, multiple roles.

I think it could come down to Aboushi and Campbell, and which player they want to risk sliding to the PS.

In Mauga, we can't use this pre-season to measure him, obviously the back injury derailed his ability to perform, but when healthy, he is a very solid MLB, has range, good in passing situations, very good ST's player. Lanansah really showed up during the pre-season, has a chance.

9 LB's is a lot, vs 6 DL'n, like I said, I'm probably not as confident with my DL'n, top 5 are set, Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Richardson, Harrison, after that it gets dicey. I think Jets will bring in a player on the DL on waivers.

One other note, I believe the Jets have a relatively high waiver position based on last year's records.

All League
    Unlikely, but It would be cool if the jets could get a pick for McElroy. Maybe the Raiders send over a 6th rounder for him.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I don't think Massaguio makes it, and I think the Jets now have a decision between Campbell and Obamanu. Campbell flashed. Zach Rogers despite the drop and muff, has showed a lot this preseason and we really don't have a great backup to Kerley. He could be a surprise roster player because he does have special teams value.

I think there is a chance Pace gets cut. Sapp flashed and we will play a LOT of 4 man fronts. Sapp and Lansannah could play OLB on rushing downs.

Aboushi played decently tonight. He may get the nod over Schlauderhauf.

No idea why you would think we would target DL in waivers, its maybe our strongest position. Could definitely see RB, LB.

QB will be interesting. A lot depends on how injured Sanchez is. There were conflicting signs from the sideline. I saw a couple people tap Sanchez on the shoulder, but at the same time he held his throwing shoulder very low, used his left hand a lot for things, and kept his right hand around the middle of his stomach a lot. Jets are doing a good job being vague because I could see it being very serious to relatively minor and truly day to day as they are suggesting. I think IR for Sanchez is a possible shocking move. If it is a multiple week injury, and likely would not be ready to play until week 4 or 5, by that time Geno will be entrenched as the starter most likely. Sanchez is very unlikely to fit into any 2014 plan so the best thing to do might be to IR him and move on.

Simms made the roster today. He will never get to the PS now, so we keep him on the 53 or lose him.

I just don't see them cutting McElroy. It is possible, but if they do, they essentially have 2 QBs on the roster going into next season and neither Geno nor Simms is a Manning or Brady or Brees where 2 QBs is OK. It does not sound like McElroy's injury is serious and he is a very good backup.

The Harrell signing is interesting. Is he PS eligible? If so maybe he is the scout team QB. But coming on the heels of Sanchez injury it suggests more than that. They signed him before McElroy retweeked his knee.

Maybe the Jets keep all 5. I don't know.
    Pace won't be cut, he plays too many roles, Rex raved about him throughout camp and the pre-season, he's too valuable as a vet leader, but also showed he can still play at a high level.

Schlauderaff will be retained because he plays C, no other player on roster that can play backup C, with Freeman released, who I think will be added back to the PS. Aboushi is an OT, I agree, he did play pretty well, but I think Campbell quietly surprised, I watched him, I thought he played well, and showed something. He's raw, but the upside is there.

Can't IR Sanchez, he may miss week 1, and maybe week 2 on a short week, but I see him ready for week 3 if not sooner.

Douzable showed up in every single preseason game, if anything Garay goes, we have Snacks and Ellis at NT, I think Douzie has more upside anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Can't IR Sanchez, he may miss week 1, and maybe week 2 on a short week, but I see him ready for week 3 if not sooner.
    If Sanchez misses the first two weeks it is VERY unlikely he would play at all this season. I do not see them going away from Geno once he starts, and if they did it would be more likely to got to Simms or McElroy at this point that Sanchez who won't be a Jet next year. And if he is going to miss several weeks IR is a possibility. Outside, because of Rex, but a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Douzable showed up in every single preseason game, if anything Garay goes, we have Snacks and Ellis at NT, I think Douzie has more upside anyway.
    Yeah, he impressed last week, I didn't see enough of him tonight, but you're right, it's close. He isn't young, he's 27, he's been around for a while.

If Sanchez misses the first two weeks it is VERY unlikely he would play at all this season. I do not see them going away from Geno once he starts, and if they did it would be more likely to got to Simms or McElroy at this point that Sanchez who won't be a Jet next year. And if he is going to miss several weeks IR is a possibility. Outside, because of Rex, but a possibility.

Your bias clouds your judgement

Why would you IR a player if he's going to miss a couple of weeks? Makes no sense.

If Smith starts the season, he probably keeps the job if he plays well enough, otherwise, when Sanchez is ready, he probably starts.

I have no doubt Sanchez will be the starter if healthy on opening day, Smith could benefit from sitting to start the season, he's not ready yet, but he's close.

As it will probably turn around, Sanchez' injury has opened a new opportunity for Smith, it will be up to Smith to seize the opportunity with good play. He will keep the job if he plays well, even if Sanchez is healthy, otherwise, Sanchez will get his shot, as long as it's early enough in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Your bias clouds your judgement

Why would you IR a player if he's going to miss a couple of weeks? Makes no sense.

If Smith starts the season, he probably keeps the job if he plays well enough, otherwise, when Sanchez is ready, he probably starts.

I have no doubt Sanchez will be the starter if healthy on opening day, Smith could benefit from sitting to start the season, he's not ready yet, but he's close.

As it will probably turn around, Sanchez' injury has opened a new opportunity for Smith, it will be up to Smith to seize the opportunity with good play. He will keep the job if he plays well, even if Sanchez is healthy, otherwise, Sanchez will get his shot, as long as it's early enough in the season.
    You would IR him because he is not part of the 2014 Jets plans, but Simms, McElroy and Smith are. The Jets have probably been thinking all along that Simms would be a PS player again. That cannot happen. Would you rather keep Simms, or keep Sanchez and lose Simms to another team just on the outside chance Geno flops and Sanchez has a very unlikely turnaround in play? The Jets actually face that dilemma now after Simms' performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I sort of agree .., If Smith is the starter week one I say stick wi him as long as possible ... We need to really find out what he is. If he ****s the bed 5 weeks in a row I'd rather see Simms than Sanchez.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All Pro
    Borrowing from Ray's template, here's my season opening 53:

Offense (25)

QB: (4)

Smith
    Sanchez
    McElroy
    Simms

RB: (3)

Ivory
    Powell
    Bell (Until Goodson returns from 4 game suspension)

FB: (1)

Bohanan

OL: (9)

Ferguson
    Ducasse
    Mangold
    Colon
    Howard
    Winters
    Schlauderaff
    Smith
    Aboushi

TE: (3)

Cumberland
    Winslow
    Reuland

WR: (5)

Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    Gates
    Spadola

Defense (25)

DL: (6)

Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Richardson
    Harrison
    Garay
    Douzable

LB: (9)

Coples
    Pace
    Harris
    Davis
    McIntyre
    Barnes
    Sapp
    Lansanah
    Bellore

DB: (10, 6 CB, 4 S)

Cromartie
    Milliner
    Wilson
    Walls
    Lankster
    Trufant
    Landry
    Allen
    Jarrett
    Bush

ST: (3)

K Folk
    P Malone
    LS Purdum

PS:

OG Campbell
    WR Rogers
    TE Pantale
    C Freeman
    S Myles
    LB Smith
    CB Edwards
    OT Shugarts

- I think the Jets will try to keep all 4 QBs, at least in the early going, due to the injuries to Sanchez and McElroy. I wanted to keep 6 WRs but had to drop one to make a spot for the extra QB. This made Obomanu my final, and toughest, cut.