Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manish Mehta Proves Govenor Christie Right!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Manish Mehta Proves Govenor Christie Right!!

Mehta's tweet right after the Jets first drive tonight:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN4h
    Matt Simms: Nice guy. But Greg McElroy is the better player

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post

Christie doesn't have to be proven right today, he was right when he originally made the comments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, people take Mehta's football opinion seriously? lol.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

What a clown. It's a shame that a major media outlet would actually employ a lazy sensationalist like this. He's an indictment on the state of the media.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it isn't apparent that Mehta shouldn't be a football writer, that tweet about McElroy being a better player then Simms wraps it up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's popular right now to anoint Simms as the second coming of Christ right now and I have to admit that he was pretty impressive tonight, but lets be a little fair to McElroy here. He came out with a very strong performance against the lions and, unfortunately, hasn't gotten a shot to play since. You have no idea how he would've performed if it were him, not Simms, out there tonight. 3 weeks ago, McElroy was the best qb on our roster. Now its Simms. The coaches will give the job to the guy who has had the best body of work all offseason not who beat up on the Jaguars/Giants/Eagles practice squad. Should also be important to note that the Jets could either A) Keep 4 QB's or B) Stash Matt on our own practice squad one more season. Regardless I'm actually very happy with the backup qb's.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I know it's popular right now to anoint Simms as the second coming of Christ right now and I have to admit that he was pretty impressive tonight, but lets be a little fair to McElroy here. He came out with a very strong performance against the lions and, unfortunately, hasn't gotten a shot to play since. You have no idea how he would've performed if it were him, not Simms, out there tonight. 3 weeks ago, McElroy was the best qb on our roster. Now its Simms. The coaches will give the job to the guy who has had the best body of work all offseason not who beat up on the Jaguars/Giants/Eagles practice squad. Should also be important to note that the Jets could either A) Keep 4 QB's or B) Stash Matt on our own practice squad one more season. Regardless I'm actually very happy with the backup qb's.
    Matt Sizzle doesn't give a damn about these fictional ass haters. Get off his dick, breh.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Matt Sizzle doesn't give a damn about these fictional ass haters. Get off his dick, breh.
    <3.

You know, we could always just retry our genius idea from last season and run the 2-QB system with the MacSizzle combo. G-Mac handles the short-intermediate stuff and Sizzle can just come in when we decide to say "F*ck it, let's go deep".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll take G-Mac's brain and put it into Sizzle's head. SUPERBOWL!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll take G-Mac's brain and put it into Sizzle's head. SUPERBOWL!
    One might even call us.....EXPLOSIVE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he was supposed to be a reporter - not an opinion-giver. Who gives a crap about his opinion?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One might even call us.....EXPLOSIVE.
    Bah gawd, we'll be able to flip him for the LOLRaiders' next 30 1st rounders.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we send Simms to the practice Squad, some team will grab him. He showed that much upside tonight. McElroy is a weak game manger at best. Simms is another year on the bench away from becoming a potential big time qb. He was decisive, confident and has all the physical skills. He showed a lot of necessary QB skills including evasiveness in the pocket. No way we let him go. McElroy can join Pennington and every other failed qB with a weak arm. No room in todays super speedy NFL for weak armed QBs. Just look at Matt Flynn's struggles--all caused by his weak arm strength. NFL won't every see a post surgery Pennington anymore. Defenses are just too fast.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bah gawd, we'll be able to flip him for the LOLRaiders' next 30 1st rounders.
    756.jpg

Why argue about Clowney/Bridgewater when you could use the Raiduh's picks for both?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe we can sneak Simms on the Pracice squad. I believe a team will grab him if he is waived.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy is a very smart qb.. He did well in college due to being a very smart qb.. Unfortunately he has no arm.. It did look a little better this yr but we are kidding ourselves if we think all of a sudden the kid can learn to throw bullets.. Simms can throw bullets.. Has much better arm than geno and Sanchez.. He looks good to me, but if he learns more he can be a very good qb 1 day..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smith, Simms, McElroy, Harrell

ALL an upgrade over Sucky

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He really wants to make G-Mac his "source", hence the praises.
    He basically signed G-Mac walking papers, just like McKnight giving him "press card" was his last straw. No one needs a 3rd string backup, who is also a snitch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Setting up to criticize the Jets if they keep Simms over McElroy.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN5h
    Greg McElroy's influence on Geno Smith is pivotal for the Jets rookie QB in 2013. Column: #nyj http://nydn.us/1720JQW