Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is What I Despise About the Idiotic Media that Covers the Jets

This is What I Despise About the Idiotic Media that Covers the Jets

The Patriots cut Tebow, after their owner flat out states he is rooting for him to make the team. So what does one of the Jets beat writers do upon Tebow's release? Write an article with the lead quote from Woody Johnson.

IDIOTS!!

'You can never have enough Tebow'

August, 31, 2013
    Aug 31

12:46

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com
    Recommend4
    Tweet2
    Comments2
    Email
    Print

Tim Tebow has been fired twice in a span of four months, so you have to figure his next move will be to a TV studio or a broadcast booth. If a smart coach like Bill Belichick can't find a way to justify a roster spot for him, it doesn't bode well for his chances of catching on elsewhere. Unlike the Jets, the Patriots aborted quickly, incurring no damage whatsoever.

Only a year ago, the Jets were in the throes of Tebow-mania, with Rex Ryan & Co. predicting big things for their new "dynamic weapon," as former GM Mike Tannenbaum once called him. Owner Woody Johnson delivered one of the most infamous quotes in Jets history, saying, "You can never have enough Tebow." I prefer to remember him as a "weapon of mass dysfunction," as ESPNNewYork.com Ian O'Connor once referred to Tebow.

TebowIt turned out to be the worst personnel move in Jets history, in my opinion, because it showed dysfunction on every level of the organization, from ownership to coaching. Many lives were impact by the Tebow debacle: Tannenbaum was fired. Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano was fired. Ryan was put on the hot seat. Mark Sanchez ... well, there's no way to quantify the psychological damage it did to him.

Here's the irony: If the timing had been different, the Tebow experiment might have had a chance, albeit a small one.

As we quickly learned, Sparano didn't know the Wildcat from "The Cat in the Hat." He barely practiced it in training camp, he didn't use it in preseason games and he didn't know how to use it when the games mattered.

The current coaching staff actually has a clue. It's planning to run the Wildcat with running back Bilal Powell and wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, and it may incorporate read-option into the attack with quarterback Geno Smith. New quarterbacks coach David Lee, not Sparano, is the true pioneer of the Wildcat. Under Lee and coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets have developed a novel concept: They actually run these plays in practice and in games. Cutting edge stuff, folks.

If Tebow had Lee and Mornhinweg, he might have been doomed anyway in New York, where the sideshow was out of control. New general manager John Idzik didn't want to deal with the circus, so he sent Tebow packing after the draft. There was too much baggage and he had to go. Lousy timing. Lousy everything.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 08-31-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    He called it the worst personnel move in Jets history. LOL you cant make it up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    They are REALLY hoping Jets fans will just click the link. I will NOT!
    People should REALLY learn how to Copy/Paste if they are gonna start threads like these!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    People should REALLY learn how to Copy/Paste if they are gonna start threads like these!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Good point! I changed my post accordingly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Please refrain from posting links to Semen, Womanish and the rest.

As bad as listening to Fatcessa, Cowturd, Greeny or the Benignoramus.

Why put money in the pockets of any of these assclowns

Notice Dicky boy loves that the Pats cut ties with Tebow early, according to him "great move, no distractions". Now take it to the bank, if the Jets would have made the same move his article would have read something like " Jets cut Tebow, great QB never given a chance due to Rex's man crush on Sanchez". Worst mistake in Jets franchise history.
    Once again another clear example of TMZ journalism when it comes to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Good point! I changed my post accordingly.
    Thanks!

Jets Insider VIP
    Genius move by the Pats though, right?

Mens-Nike-New-England-Patriots-Tim-Tebow-elite-Team-Color-Jersey.jpg

No doubt they'll be some douches in a Tebow jersey and a Hernandez jersey having a catch in the Foxboro parking lot this season!

Hall Of Fame
    Cimini:
    "Lousy timing. Lousy everything"
    Lousy article!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Got to love the media giving credit when the Pats cut players that were signed or drafted.

As if figuring out that a player sucks and wont add anything to the roster after signing or drafting him is more admirable than knowing this before you draft or sign him. You know the way teams like to operate.

Signing Tebow after having seen what he had to offer in person during the 2011 playoffs and then with the 2012 Jets is worse than putting him on your team with only his 2011 resume to go by. Pats had a year of ineptitude on the Jets, a team that needed a 2nd QB due to the poor play of its #1 QB and still couldn't put him on the field or keep him on their roster.

But Peter King knew it would work in NE because BB is a genius and routinely saves players careers. Right before he goes for a walk on water.

As if drafting Gholston, to give one example, wasn't a worse personnel move.

Ever hear of qualifying your assertions? How about writing "one of the worst" moves? I'm guessing you were taught that at SU, but are more interested in sensationalism.

Rich, you're a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Got to love the media giving credit when the Pats cut players that were signed or drafted.

As if figuring out that a player sucks and wont add anything to the roster after signing or drafting him is more admirable than knowing this before you draft or sign him. You know the way teams like to operate.

Signing Tebow after having seen what he had to offer in person during the 2011 playoffs and then with the 2012 Jets is worse than putting him on your team with only his 2011 resume to go by. Pats had a year of ineptitude on the Jets, a team that needed a 2nd QB due to the poor play of its #1 QB and still couldn't put him on the field or keep him on their roster.

But Peter King knew it would work in NE because BB is a genius and routinely saves players careers. Right before he goes for a walk on water.
    It seems pretty clear that BB and McDaniels didn't exactly trust last year's Jets offensive coaching staff when it came to evaluating, developing, and implementing talent. They wanted to see it for themselves. Every team in the league signs 90 players every training camp, at least a third of which have no business being in the league but will get a chance to be evaluated just in case they surprise. This wasn't any different.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-31-2013 at 02:34 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It seems pretty clear that BB and McDaniels didn't exactly trust last year's Jets offensive coaching staff when it came to evaluating, developing, and implementing talent. They wanted to see it for themselves. Every team in the league signs 90 players every training camp, at least a third of which have no business being in the league but will get a chance to be evaluated just in case they surprise. This wasn't any different.
    No. What they (BB) were really hoping for was to "stick it to the Jets" and show that he is the superior all-mighty wizard and hope to show that the Jets were inept and incapable.

He failed.

Hall Of Fame
    The difference is that everyone knows that Kraft has ZERO say in football matters. He is basically a cheerleader and that is what he was doing. Woody on the other hand . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

By Rich Cimini? Is he still writing about the Jets? I have him, Meeish & Leberfeld blocked on my Twitter & Facebook feeds for "inappropriate content" and spam. (-:

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Genius move by the Pats though, right? No doubt they'll be some douches in a Tebow jersey and a Hernandez jersey having a catch in the Foxboro parking lot this season!
    I think the point is, is that BB knows when to fish or cut bait and got him for a sack of pennies to begin with. He gave him a fair shot to evaluate him . Tebow failed and now he's gone as he should be. Compare that to the Jets giving up a 4th round pick for him, paying him a few million $$$, crowing to the world that he'll be the new secret weapon, then failing to have a clue how to use him and barely giving him enough actual playing time to properly evaluate him before letting him go. Couple that with giving the press unfettered access to the guy. (What other team has ever let their 3rd string QB give press conferences? Get real!), and you have all the makings of a circus. Big difference between keeping him the whole season and jettisoning him at the cut down to 53. So I guess, yeah, there's a difference.

Acquiring tebow wasn't the problem, it was the mismanagement of Tebow that destroyed his chances in NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Got to love the media giving credit when the Pats cut players that were signed

Or murder someone........

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    Acquiring tebow wasn't the problem, it was the mismanagement of Tebow that destroyed his chances in NY.
    Thank you Winston, someone that gets it.