Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is What I Despise About the Idiotic Media that Covers the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    Acquiring tebow wasn't the problem, it was the mismanagement of Tebow that destroyed his chances in NY.
    Actually it was Tebow 's inability to play QB that destroyed his chances in NY. Don't forget that Tebow was the lowest rated QB in preseason in THE NFL last year. The idea that the Jets wouldn't want to play him if he was good is absurd.

This is What I Despise About the Idiotic Media that Covers the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Actually it was Tebow 's inability to play QB that destroyed his chances in NY. Don't forget that Tebow was the lowest rated QB in preseason in THE NFL last year. The idea that the Jets wouldn't want to play him if he was good is absurd.
    How could you know if Tebow is good or bad if he barely got any reps to prove himself on the field?

What happened to the vaunted Tebow package that Sparano apparently had planned for 2012? Oh that's right, he never had one to being with. It was all a ploy to justify tebow's presence as nothing more than a sideshow for the owner's twisted pleasure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Thank you Winston, someone that gets it.
    "Oh Canada, Our home and native land. True patriot love, by all thy sons command"

Longtime diehard Alouette fan, vinniekt is back to say farewell

How could you know if Tebow is good or bad if he barely got any reps to prove himself on the field?

What happened to the vaunted Tebow package that Sparano apparently had planned for 2012? Oh that's right, he never had one to being with. It was all a ploy to justify tebow's presence as nothing more than a sideshow for the owner's twisted pleasure.
    More like it never worked out because Tebow SUCKS, number 1.
    Number 2, we would have had to build an entirely different Offense around the jackass because of his "awesome skillz" and nobody in their right mind would ever do that...
    Hence the reasoning McDaniels the hack was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I think the point is, is that BB knows when to fish or cut bait and got him for a sack of pennies to begin with. He gave him a fair shot to evaluate him . Tebow failed and now he's gone as he should be. Compare that to the Jets giving up a 4th round pick for him, paying him a few million $$$, crowing to the world that he'll be the new secret weapon, then failing to have a clue how to use him and barely giving him enough actual playing time to properly evaluate him before letting him go. Couple that with giving the press unfettered access to the guy. (What other team has ever let their 3rd string QB give press conferences? Get real!), and you have all the makings of a circus. Big difference between keeping him the whole season and jettisoning him at the cut down to 53. So I guess, yeah, there's a difference.
    Right jackass. Please remind us how those other great acquisitions for draft picks went -- Ochostinko and Haynesworth who the great Belicheat was going to turnaround their careeers! Or maybe how BB/Kraft cut and bait with the murdering gangster thug; thought, only after his arrest. GTFO, troll.

Say what you will...

But it's the JETS who are making the BEAT WRITERS look like the CIRCUS!

YEAH BABAY!!!

These dicks can't even figure out WHAT they should make up at this point!

I LOVE IDZIK!

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    By Rich Cimini? Is he still writing about the Jets? I have him, Meeish & Leberfeld blocked on my Twitter & Facebook feeds for "inappropriate content" and spam. (-:
    Love it. MM is the worst of the bunch. I'm going to block Cimini too.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Right jackass. Please remind us how those other great acquisitions for draft picks went -- Ochostinko and Haynesworth who the great Belicheat was going to turnaround their careeers! Or maybe how BB/Kraft cut and bait with the murdering gangster thug; thought, only after his arrest. GTFO, troll.
    LMAO at a Jets fan talking smack about bad acquisitions, but I'll play along. I' would, however, expect a "lawyer", even a pretend one such as yourself, to be able to put together a cogent question, or one that is at least grammatically correct, but I think I get your gist. Neither Ochostinko nor Haynesworth worked out, although BB didn't give up a 4th to get either of them like the Jets did for Tebow. And let's see, even though the Pats whiffed on both players, they went to the SB that year. Sadly, missing out for the second time vs. the Giants by a c-hair. Remind me again how the Jets did during the Tebow year?

LMAO at a Jets fan talking smack about bad acquisitions, but I'll play along. I' would, however, expect a "lawyer", even a pretend one such as yourself, to be able to put together a cogent question, or one that is at least grammatically correct, but I think I get your gist. Neither Ochostinko nor Haynesworth worked out, although BB didn't give up a 4th to get either of them like the Jets did for Tebow. And let's see, even though the Pats whiffed on both players, they went to the SB that year. Sadly, missing out for the second time vs. the Giants by a c-hair. Remind me again how the Jets did during the Tebow year?
    Nothing matters but Rings.

And you did not get them.

Pasts* fans have such 2 faced logic when it comes to their team and the rest of the 31 others in the NFL.

Acquiring tebow wasn't the problem, it was the mismanagement of Tebow that destroyed his chances in NY.
    Are you serious, mismanage, really????? Face it folks Tim Tebow is not now. nor has ever been, an NFL QB!!
    The Jets did not mismanage Tebow anymore the Denver did or for that matter the Pats. The Jets saw Tim in practice day after day and knew right from the beginning that Denver fleeced them big time. One of the all around worst trades the Jets ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Nothing matters but Rings. And you did not get them. Pasts* fans have such 2 faced logic when it comes to their team and the rest of the 31 others in the NFL.
    So, a fan's enjoyment level of watching their team go 7-9 equals that of another who watches their's go to the SB? Sure thing.

So, a fan's enjoyment level of watching their team go 7-9 equals that of another who watches their's go to the SB? Sure thing.
    Who said anything about 7-9?!

That gonna be the Pasts* record this year?

Sounds good!

Depends on whether they win the Super Bowl/ I'm sure Bills fans don't feel entirely happy about going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing all 4.

I think the point is, is that BB knows when to fish or cut bait and got him for a sack of pennies to begin with. He gave him a fair shot to evaluate him . Tebow failed and now he's gone as he should be. Compare that to the Jets giving up a 4th round pick for him, paying him a few million $$$, crowing to the world that he'll be the new secret weapon, then failing to have a clue how to use him and barely giving him enough actual playing time to properly evaluate him before letting him go. Couple that with giving the press unfettered access to the guy. (What other team has ever let their 3rd string QB give press conferences? Get real!), and you have all the makings of a circus. Big difference between keeping him the whole season and jettisoning him at the cut down to 53. So I guess, yeah, there's a difference.
    LOL, you are such a clown

I guess it's good that BB knew to cut bait after spending the #33 overall pick on Ras I Dowling just two years ago.

Every time you run your mouth you're forced to run away with your tail between your legs, it never gets old!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, you are such a clown

I guess it's good that BB knew to cut bait after spending the #33 overall pick on Ras I Dowling just two years ago.

Every time you run your mouth you're forced to run away with your tail between your legs, it never gets old!
    BTW not a peep was spoken or written when Coughlin left one of his starting RB's in in a meaningless 4 th preseason game only to have his leg broken. Sanchez get a bruised shoulder and its a weeks worth of stories. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Depends on whether they win the Super Bowl/ I'm sure Bills fans don't feel entirely happy about going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing all 4.
    I'm sure they weren't entirely happy, no. But I'm sure they are some measure happier than say, Cleveland fans, who've never seen their team make it to one. And Pats don't have the same reality as Buffalo as we've witness 3 wins. Something most fans on this board may never see in their lifetime.

I'm sure they weren't entirely happy, no. But I'm sure they are some measure happier than say, Cleveland fans, who've never seen their team make it to one. And Pats don't have the same reality as Buffalo as we've witness 3 wins. Something most fans on this board may never see in their lifetime.
    On the other hand, are Philly fans happier than Jets fans? Philly has had much more success than the Jets but they haven't won the big one that the Jets have. That has to annoy them, at least when that comparison is put to them.

Quote Originally Posted by morgue man View Post
    BTW not a peep was spoken or written when Coughlin left one of his starting RB's in in a meaningless 4 th preseason game only to have his leg broken. Sanchez get a bruised shoulder and its a weeks worth of stories. Typical.
    +1

Coughlin played Manning and the starting offense for nearly the entire 1st quarter of that game, not a peep

The media is the worst

LOL, you are such a clown I guess it's good that BB knew to cut bait after spending the #33 overall pick on Ras I Dowling just two years ago. Every time you run your mouth you're forced to run away with your tail between your legs, it never gets old!
    Your perception that "I run away" is as twisted as the rest of your opinions. BB DOES cut bait faster than many. Was Ras I a bust? I guess you could argue that a player picked at 33 who couldn't stay on the field is a bust. You could also argue that it's a case of bad luck. In either case he didn't produce much for the team. No argument there. But what's worse, a player who couldn't stay healthy at 33 and cut 2 years later, or sticking with a #6 player who just plain sucked for 3 full years? Go ahead, Ray. Answer that. Or better yet, spin that, or run away with your tail between your legs.

+1

Coughlin played Manning and the starting offense for nearly the entire 1st quarter of that game, not a peep

The media is the worst
    You can't bring that up in evidence because the media has said that they would have been fine with Mark going in IF the starting OL went in too. They did not like the idea of Sanchez playing behind 2nd and 3rd stringers.