Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is What I Despise About the Idiotic Media that Covers the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    On the other hand, are Philly fans happier than Jets fans? Philly has had much more success than the Jets but they haven't won the big one that the Jets have. That has to annoy them, at least when that comparison is put to them.
    That's a tough call, and a good point. I guess it would depend somewhat on the age of the fan. Most jets fans that post here, at least the ones that pound their chests the most, have never seen their team win. It's such ancient history does it really matter or count to them? Kind of like Cubs fans I would think. I've been a fan since the early 60s and after watching decades of sucking and mediocrity, I can honestly say that as much as witnessing MY team lose a couple of close ones hurts, it's been a great ride to see them in the hunt every year, never mind playing in 6 SBs and seeing 3 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That's a tough call, and a good point. I guess it would depend somewhat on the age of the fan. Most jets fans that post here, at least the ones that pound their chests the most, have never seen their team win. It's such ancient history does it really matter or count to them? Kind of like Cubs fans I would think. I've been a fan since the early 60s and after watching decades of sucking and mediocrity, I can honestly say that as much as witnessing MY team lose a couple of close ones hurts, it's been a great ride to see them in the hunt every year, never mind playing in 6 SBs and seeing 3 wins.
    Well for me, even though I didn't see it, I still recognize it for what it is, which was a Super Bowl win. What helps with that is the legacy of that game, whether you believe in it or not. Now for the Cubs, whom you mentioned, I don't know if that win in the 1910's is memorable.

Well for me, even though I didn't see it, I still recognize it for what it is, which was a Super Bowl win. What helps with that is the legacy of that game, whether you believe in it or not. Now for the Cubs, whom you mentioned, I don't know if that win in the 1910's is memorable.
    Oh, it was an incredible game. A true milestone in the sport, legitimizing the AFL, which all Jets AND AFC fans should be proud. That's why I'm incredulous at the numbers of fans who post here who totally denigrate Joe Namath.

Oh, it was an incredible game. A true milestone in the sport, legitimizing the AFL, which all Jets AND AFC fans should be proud. That's why I'm incredulous at the numbers of fans who post here who totally denigrate Joe Namath.
    They only denigrate him because he mouths off about the Jets to the media.

They only denigrate him because he mouths off about the Jets to the media.
    You disagree that he's earned that right? I would assume he expected to see his team win another big one before he's dead. Waiting decades like that could make a guy ornery.

You disagree that he's earned that right? I would assume he expected to see his team win another big one before he's dead. Waiting decades like that could make a guy ornery.
    Eh. It seems like every player wants to be a football pundit these days. Way to make extra money. I don't deny them that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No. What they (BB) were really hoping for was to "stick it to the Jets" and show that he is the superior all-mighty wizard and hope to show that the Jets were inept and incapable.

He failed.
    There's no love lost between Belichick and the Jets, and he's certainly done some spiteful things in the past just for the sake of embarrassing them, but the legend has outgrown the monster itself around these parts. It's a constant state of paranoia. The latest fear of the Pats signing McElroy just to get insight into the vaunted Jets' offensive playbook is the funniest yet.

Harbaugh using the read-option package for a Kaepernick TD last year was a much better troll job on the Jets than anything BB could have done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    There's no love lost between Belichick and the Jets, and he's certainly done some spiteful things in the past just for the sake of embarrassing them, but the legend has outgrown the monster itself around these parts. It's a constant state of paranoia. The latest fear of the Pats signing McElroy just to get insight into the vaunted Jets' offensive playbook is the funniest yet.

Harbaugh using the read-option package for a Kaepernick TD last year was a much better troll job on the Jets than anything BB could have done.
    That's your opinion. Nothing you said disputes what I contend.

BB wanted to show the Jets and the world that he is the grand wizard. That he could do what the Jets couldn't do. Then he realized that Tebow is beyond his "powers." He failed.

That's your opinion. Nothing you said disputes what I contend.

BB wanted to show the Jets and the world that he is the grand wizard. That he could do what the Jets couldn't do. Then he realized that Tebow is beyond his "powers." He failed.
    You could try to chalk it up to hubris and ego, or you could say it was a favor to his OC who made the original mistake of drafting him in the first round to begin with. Either way, it was a failed experiment, albeit one that costs almost nothing. It wasn't even the circus that most Jets fans predicted and hoped for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You could try to chalk it up to hubris and ego, or you could say it was a favor to his OC who made the original mistake of drafting him in the first round to begin with. Either way, it was a failed experiment, albeit one that costs almost nothing. It wasn't even the circus that most Jets fans predicted and hoped for.
    His old Gator teammate AH stole his thunder..

The lack of a circus in New England is partly because of the way the organization is run, and partly the way the media loves to stroke New England off, which is also a product of the way the organization is run.

This offseason, not just of late - New England has had more circus type incidents than any team. Tebow is small news compared to some of the other events that have taken place. Luckily, the media did not embellish any stories, or try and make them something with the writers' agendas in mind, a-la the Jets' writers.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The lack of a circus in New England is partly because of the way the organization is run, and partly the way the media loves to stroke New England off, which is also a product of the way the organization is run.

This offseason, not just of late - New England has had more circus type incidents than any team. Tebow is small news compared to some of the other events that have taken place. Luckily, the media did not embellish any stories, or try and make them something with the writers' agendas in mind, a-la the Jets' writers.
    I guess you missed the hard hitting news that was the Rolling Stone piece.

Rookie
    The "sports world" missed it. Rolling Stone has no vested interest in the NFL, which is why actual JOURNALISM can come into play. The "sports media", for the most part, stays far away from the real stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The "sports world" missed it. Rolling Stone has no vested interest in the NFL, which is why actual JOURNALISM can come into play. The "sports media", for the most part, stays far away from the real stories.
    Rolling Stone is about as credible a news source as People magazine.

I love how desperately you pasts* fans try to convince yourselves of this.

It wasn't even the circus that most Jets fans predicted and hoped for.
    That might be because your starting tightend stole all the coverage for being a murdering savage.

Jets Insider VIP

That's odd. Because News Trust ranks it as one of the most trusted sources on the planet.

http://newstrust.net/sources

The entire off-season for the Pats has been a circus, and it won't get better any time soon.

Be thankful that the homers at ESPN and most national media outlets circle jerk over everything the overrated Pats do, but we all know the truth.

Eh, I jumped in the thread and tried to defend my fellow Jet fans. Who reads these entire things anymore?

Mehta?

Too soon?

That's odd. Because News Trust ranks it as one of the most trusted sources on the planet.

http://newstrust.net/sources

Yeah, but notice that News Trust isn't listed as one of the most trusted websites list.