Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Watch Red Bulls online?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,230

    Watch Red Bulls online?

    Stuck in a train. Any clues? Thx

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

  2. #2
    No idea about online (but firstrowsports should be checked) but 2 weeks ago I went to my first Red Bulls game after meaning to for years and had a fantastic experience. Ate at a great iron bound restaurant, bought a jersey and saw Thierry Henry score. Would've been a great night without those things.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasemuir View Post
    No idea about online (but firstrowsports should be checked) but 2 weeks ago I went to my first Red Bulls game after meaning to for years and had a fantastic experience. Ate at a great iron bound restaurant, bought a jersey and saw Thierry Henry score. Would've been a great night without those things.
    Was it MMM Bello? I like that place (near the train station, great Portuguese food). Red Bulls games are a lot of fun. Having it right by the Harrison Path station was a great idea, but I don't understand how they didn't update that station to make it easier to get from the stadium to the train. It's pretty terrible.
    Good draw for them last night.

    I have to say, it's great for the MLS when they show games in Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver. That crowd last night was incredibly (though the wet turf was a disaster).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Was it MMM Bello? I like that place (near the train station, great Portuguese food). Red Bulls games are a lot of fun. Having it right by the Harrison Path station was a great idea, but I don't understand how they didn't update that station to make it easier to get from the stadium to the train. It's pretty terrible.
    Good draw for them last night.

    I have to say, it's great for the MLS when they show games in Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver. That crowd last night was incredibly (though the wet turf was a disaster).
    Love MMMBello's, as well. Go there before every game. Their Italian hot dog is fantastic.

    As for the PATH, they are doing a major renovation that will be completed in 2017, so that should hopefully be a great improvement.

    http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2..._harrison.html

    Very good result last night, without Henry and Olave. I was dead set heading in that they would lose last night. Very happy with the draw and they kept themselves in good position to win the Supporters Shield if they take care of business.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,230
    +3 on Mmm-Bello's. The owner is a great cook. I go to Newark often and a stop there is always on the agenda. There's always an extra ticket around amongst the Garden State Supporters.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    +3 on Mmm-Bello's. The owner is a great cook. I go to Newark often and a stop there is always on the agenda. There's always an extra ticket around amongst the Garden State Supporters.
    Is Manny the owner? Really nice guy. Him and the other guy and girl that typically work downstairs are very friendly. I'm always happy to give them business.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,230
    Yes Manny owns it. He played soccer for Rutgers-Newark. His father and daughter work there. John also is an alumni. Great guys. Peggy too. The local patrons are a fun bunch also.

  8. #8
    RBNY going for the Supporter's Shield on Sunday. Extremely excited to be there. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, home matches in Metrostars/Red Bulls history. Anyone else going to be there?

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,230
    If Jets didn't have a game the same time I would. Might drop by Mmm-Bellos though.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    RBNY going for the Supporter's Shield on Sunday. Extremely excited to be there. One of the biggest, if not the biggest, home matches in Metrostars/Red Bulls history. Anyone else going to be there?
    They did it, with authority. I have to say, it is a little silly when they keep talking about the sellout crowd, and the stadium is clearly not full. Looked like a great crowd. It'd be great to see the Red Bulls make a run. Due to commitments, I may not get a chance to go to their 2nd round matchup, I went a few years ago to a playoff game where they got beat by Seattle at home, it was quite dissapointing.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    They did it, with authority. I have to say, it is a little silly when they keep talking about the sellout crowd, and the stadium is clearly not full. Looked like a great crowd. It'd be great to see the Red Bulls make a run. Due to commitments, I may not get a chance to go to their 2nd round matchup, I went a few years ago to a playoff game where they got beat by Seattle at home, it was quite dissapointing.
    Easily the best Red Bulls game I've ever attended. The supporters sections were an absolute madhouse, especially after the first few goals. Awesome experience. You could feel how special the night was.

    Hopefully they go for the double and make this a deep playoff run, ultimately hosting the MLS Cup. I was at that Seattle game, as well. What a deflating day that was.

  12. #12
    Brutal draw against Houston, and now they have to win to advance. Very concerning for the Red Bulls. I'm still debating going to the game, but because I have one soccer fan friend who's getting married on Sat and another who just had a kid, I'd go alone, which isn't my favorite thing to do.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Brutal draw against Houston, and now they have to win to advance. Very concerning for the Red Bulls. I'm still debating going to the game, but because I have one soccer fan friend who's getting married on Sat and another who just had a kid, I'd go alone, which isn't my favorite thing to do.
    It was very frustrating, seeing how it look like they'd coast after that first half. However, things could be far worse than a draw after the first leg. They're still in good shape. Houston is a much different team on the road and RBNY is very, very good at home. I expect them to win this. This is the first time in my 7 years of following the team that I really feel it's a ballsy, gritty club. However, not having Olave does concern me. He's a crucial, somewhat unsung part of this club.

    I'll be there in section 133 as usual. Can't wait. I expect another exciting night at RBA and I feel like this team is destined this year.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 11-05-2013 at 11:53 PM.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,230
    Choke job by the Bulls. At least I brushed up on the Spanish listening to ESPN Deportes. So what now? Who goes? Coach safe?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Choke job by the Bulls. At least I brushed up on the Spanish listening to ESPN Deportes. So what now? Who goes? Coach safe?
    Brutal loss. Not sure about "choke job", since they lost a key starter on a red on the first game, but they had the best record in the league this year, coach stays. They had a good crowd and a real chance to make some noise for themselves in the papers. Blown opportunity for the team in the short and long term

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Brutal loss. Not sure about "choke job", since they lost a key starter on a red on the first game, but they had the best record in the league this year, coach stays. They had a good crowd and a real chance to make some noise for themselves in the papers. Blown opportunity for the team in the short and long term

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Such a disappointing night. That place would have absolutely exploded if they scored in the 2nd half. I also think that's the loudest I've ever heard that stadium as a whole, not just the South Ward. I really thought this team would end up hosting the MLS Cup, such a huge letdown.

    Petke isn't going anywhere. Aside from getting this club it's first ever trophy, he did a fantastic job this season considering what the outlook was heading into this season. Remember, he was given the job very, very late and is a rookie HC. He's also beloved by the fans. The real question mark floating around now is the future of Henry.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us