Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Marty will be promoted next year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Marty will be promoted next year

I can see Marty been promoted to HC post Rex and Sanchez era. We have drafted enough quality D, and a decent DC should should be able to carry his duties. I just don't see Rex after this season; he might be fired in the middle of it unless we have a miracle season. The Sanchez move with 3rd stringers was just as bad as Shannahan playing RG3 injured, maybe worse.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The backups play with the backups. What makes you think Idzik wanted anything to do with Sanchez? I doubt that would be the straw that broke the camels back for Rex with Idzik. Maybe Idzik does want to replace him but I strongly doubt Sanchez getting injured has much, if anything, to do with it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    The backups play with the backups. What makes you think Idzik wanted anything to do with Sanchez? I doubt that would be the straw that broke the camels back for Rex with Idzik. Maybe Idzik does want to replace him but I strongly doubt Sanchez getting injured has much, if anything, to do with it.
    We need a professional head coach, he will be okay elsewhere as a DC.
    Last edited by Sports; 09-01-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump.

Lets get through the season first. Or at least to the bye week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Dump.

Just and early prediction and a fed-up fan that wants decency for his team!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait to see what Rex can accomplish with an actual offensive coordinator and QB coach. Look at it this way - Rex managed to get to the AFCCG - twice - with Schottenheimer, Cavanaugh, and Sanchez.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Dump.

agree

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump.

I don't agree.

It's reasonable to speculate about the GM and coach relationship.

It very well could have already been promised to MM.

Why else would he have agreed to coach this offense?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wait to see what Rex can accomplish with an actual offensive coordinator and QB coach. Look at it this way - Rex managed to get to the AFCCG - twice - with Schottenheimer, Cavanaugh, and Sanchez.
    +1
    How many top teams in this league have had their defense spend as much time on the field as the Jets defense over the last 4 years?
    That's why stats suck azz
    How can you possibly rate say the Jets D vs the Pats D when the Pats D seems to always play with leads?
    On top of that the Pats offense is always at the top of the league in TOP, further helping their defense.
    I want to judge Rex on how he calls a game when he actually has an offense that can challenge a defense. The type of offense that makes opposing fans nervous when they are up 10 & they have another 3 & out and have to punt from their own 23 yard line like what seemed like all of last year for the Jets.
    I'd love to finally be on the other side of that equation when your thinking, Martys gonna try & take a shot up 10.
    Or, Rex is gonna take some chances with some blitzes like the Pats defense because they have the advantage of a very good offense.

Then we will be comparing apples to apples, not apples(Jets offense) to oranges(Pats offense) & how it relates to how good the defense is.
    Jets have a very good, young, deep Dline, not the type of team you want to play from behind & have to pass when Rex knows that.

Because our Offense has been so horrible, opposing coordinators have been able to stay patient and not expose the QB in bad situations.
    If we can get some leads & be in a position where the other teams HAVE to pass & Rex knows it, everything changes.
    That's how the Pats defense gets to play 80% of the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    How about waiting until week 10 before calling for Rex's head?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Yeah, because you're the first person to post anything about Rex being gone next year.

And because you're a fed up fan who cant think through the nonsense and realize that this HC has more playoff wins than any HC in the history of the Jets. But hey, its easy to find a better HC than the one we have, they're all better than what we have. What we have is always the worst. In any and all aspects of the team.

SOJF