Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Season record prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    4-12 Ryan fired at the Bye week
    SAR, is that you?

8-8 , only cuz mm is a 2-win upgrade above that idiot tony soprano...

then win 1 play-off wc game, but lose the next, so 9-9...

Jets Insider VIP
    Wins - losses
    1. win against Tampa
    2.Loss at Foxboro
    3.Win vs Bills
    4.Win at Tenn
    5.Win vs Pitts
    6.loss at Falcons
    7. Loss to Pats at home
    8 Win at Cinn
    9.Loss to Saints
    10. Bye
    11 win vs Bills
    12. loss to Ravens
    13. win vs Fins
    14. win vs Raiders
    15. Win vs Panthers
    16.Win at Fins

10 wins is optimistic I agree but we go at least 8 and 8

No matter what their record, someone will find something to complain about. Not enough wins, not enough losses, too even.

16-0, like I predict every year. And I'll support them the same, as I do every year.

I'll say 9-7 as that is in between our basement and ceiling IMO. We will win a few people dont think we will but also loose at least one we shouldnt. I wouldnt be shocked if Rex found a way to sneak into the POs this year. This isnt a bad team just a young one.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Wins - losses
    1. win against Tampa
    2.Loss at Foxboro
    3.Win vs Bills
    4.Win at Tenn
    5.Win vs Pitts
    6.loss at Falcons
    7. Loss to Pats at home
    8 Win at Cinn
    9.Loss to Saints
    10. Bye
    11 win vs Bills
    12. loss to Ravens
    13. win vs Fins
    14. win vs Raiders
    15. Win vs Panthers
    16.Win at Fins

10 wins is optimistic I agree but we go at least 8 and 8
    Hope to God you're right ... You do have us winning every game vs bad teams ... Every game vs teams deemed to be about or slightly better than us ... As well as beating Cinci ... Who most feel is 2 levels or so above us (albeit losing to Ravens who many would also say is 2 levels above us) ... May you please be right!
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 09-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'll say 9-7 as that is in between our basement and ceiling IMO. We will win a few people dont think we will but also loose at least one we shouldnt. I wouldnt be shocked if Rex found a way to sneak into the POs this year. This isnt a bad team just a young one.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

3-13

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    3-13
    After the first four games and we are 3-1, we have to lose the rest of the games to make your prediction correct.

Undrafted Free Agent
    10&6 after a 3&0 start

1. Tampa L
    2.Pats L
    3 Bills L
    4.Tenn W
    5.Pitts L
    6.Falcons L
    7. Pats Sweep L
    8 Cinn L
    9.Saints L
    10. Bye
    11 Bills W
    12. Ravens W
    13. Fins W
    14. Raiders W
    15. Panthers W
    16. Fins L

Sanchez in as starter after BYE and beats up on crappy teams making us believe he has changed and limits his INT. Only quality win during the season will be vs. Ravens where Sanchez posts 300+ 3 td performance.
    Last edited by NewYorkSackExchange; 09-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sometimes a 12 Pack just isn’t enough. Today, our regular Friday column at Turn On The Jets is going to give you 30 predictions for the New York Jets season. We are sure you will disagree with plenty of them so tell us where we went wrong here in the comment section, on Twitter or on Facebook. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend!

1. Geno Smith is going to start the majority of games under center for the Jets this season. There is going to be some very rough patches but he will gradually improve as the season goes on and will be playing well enough by year’s end to be considered the 2014 starter.

2. Despite missing the first three games of the season, Quinton Coples will still lead the team in sacks. Antwan Barnes and Muhammad WIlkerson will finish closely behind him.

3. Speaking of Wilkerson, he will be an All-Pro this season, improving on all his major statistical totals from last year and continuing to be one of the most dominant 3-4 ends in football.

4. David Harris going to struggle throughout the season and will be losing playing time by year’s end. This will be his last season in New York.

5. Antonio Cromartie will have a Pro-Bowl season and play at a level comparable to what he did last season when Darrelle Revis wasn’t on the field.

6. Dee Milliner will have an up and down rookie season, missing a few games due to injury and struggling when teams aggressively pick on him opposite of Cromartie. However, he will show enough flashes to feel confident about him being a competent starter in 2014.

7. Kyle Wilson will lose playing time to Darrin Walls and Isaiah Trufant throughout the season. This will be his last season in New York.

8. Sheldon Richardson will have a very strong rookie campaign, finishing with 5.5 sacks and being a key movable chess piece in the Jets defense.

9. Brian Winters will be the team’s starting left guard by mid-season, at the latest. He will struggle at times but play well enough to be the opening day starter in 2014.

10. Willie Colon will have a very good all-around season and a sign a new contract with the Jets after the season.

11. Santonio Holmes will finish with 60 catches for 775 yards and 4 touchdowns. This will be his last season with the Jets.

12. Jeremy Kerley will finish with 55 catches for 705 yards and 3 touchdowns. He will be a key weapon on third downs throughout the whole season.

13. Stephen Hill will finish with 42 catches for 525 yards and 5 touchdowns. Hill will cut down on the drops and progress as a full time receiver by the season’s end.

14. Kellen Winslow Jr play in at least 12 games this season and finish with between 40-50 receptions.

15. Jeff Cumberland will lead the team in touchdown receptions with 6.

16. Chris Ivory will play in 12-14 games, finishing with somewhere between 900-1,100 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns.

17. Bilal Powell will finish with 625 total offensive yards but gradually lose playing time down the stretch to Mike Goodson as the third down back.

18. Goodson will make a few head turning plays as a receiver out of the backfield and as a outside runner down the stretch run of the season, solidifying a spot on the 2014 team.

19. Ryan Spadola will have between 15-20 receptions as a rookie.

20. Clyde Gates will be a solid kick returner and be a serviceable deep threat/depth receiver, finishing with 27 receptions and 3 total touchdowns.

21. Tommy Bohanon will finish with 34 receptions and be a capable starting fullback/H-Back in his rookie season.

22. Jaiquawn Jarrett will end up playing the majority of the reps opposite Dawan Landry at safety. Antonio Allen will still be a regular rotation player on the defense.

23. The Jets will finish 3-3 in the AFC East.

24. This will be Rex Ryan’s last season as the Jets Head Coach.

25. This will be Mark Sanchez’s last season in New York (easy one, there).

26. Nick Mangold will have his best season of the past three years and return to the Pro-Bowl.

27. Austin Howard will improve from last season and be back under a new contract in 2014.

28. Demario Davis will have an okay season, struggling with occasional mental mistakes and lapses in pass coverage but will overall play well enough to be back as a starter in 2014.

29. The Jets biggest “upset” win of the year will be at home against New Orleans on November 3rd.

30. The Jets will finish 7-9, thanks to a relatively strong finish.

I think they go 2-2 in their first 4 games. I just have a gut feeling that they are going to beat Tampa. No reason, just a feeling.
    They will beat either the Bills or the Titans, not both.

Then they lose their next 7 and go to 2-9. Then they win 4 in a row before losing at Miami to finish 6-10.

In other words:

Tampa: W
    @ NE: L
    Buffalo: W
    @ Tennessee: L
    @ Atlanta: L
    Pittsburgh: L
    NE: L
    @ Cincy: L
    NO: L
    @ Buffalo: L
    @Baltimore: L
    Miami: W
    Oakland: W
    @Carolina: W
    Cleveland: W
    @ Miami: L

Now there are a few games here that are interesting. @ Cincy @Buffalo and @ Tennessee could easily be victories and get us to 9-7
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 09-01-2013 at 01:09 PM.

spot on. but i think the Jets handle the Ravens. ...

Jets Insider VIP
    3-13

Im scouting The Bridge today as louisville plays at 3:30. Ill report back with my initial thoughts on Teddy.

Zero. 0-16. Just kidding, I hope.

Actually I would say 6 wins. Tough schedule and so far we have no direction. It appears the GM/coach/owner want to rebuild....uggg. Not going to waste too much time watching this year. At age 55 and watching this scenario play out about every three years since Namath, I will try the wait and see if they are successful approach before putting myself through this again. It is NY and this team has no patience for head coaches or developing QB's.

10-6 minimum with Geno winning OROY

Jets Insider VIP
    The Bridge is 6-6 with a nice 35 yard td thrown across his body. Im sold. Lets make him the #1 pick.

All Pro
    Mods, Please spinoff the Same Old Jerk predictions by deluded self -hating fantasists who think the Jets will be bad enough to get a top 3 pick into its own dumpable thread, thanks

What a bunch of gutless cowards in this thread. Pathetic excuses for fans, all of you.