Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Season record prediction thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'll say 9-7 as that is in between our basement and ceiling IMO. We will win a few people dont think we will but also loose at least one we shouldnt. I wouldnt be shocked if Rex found a way to sneak into the POs this year. This isnt a bad team just a young one.
    I agree with this prediction. 9 and 7

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Mods, Please spinoff the Same Old Jerk predictions by deluded self -hating fantasists who think the Jets will be bad enough to get a top 3 pick into its own dumpable thread, thanks
    No prediction Mr. Sunshine? Just the usual vitriol?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I agree with your prediction, but don't understand how you get there. You say ST and offense will be better than last year's 7-9 squad and the D will be top 15 (I'm assuming you're talking yards and not points, as the Jets D was 20th in points the last 2 seasons). So why do you predict two less wins? As to being on track to building a championship run in the next 2-3 years, that will solely depend on if you have found, or will find, a franchise caliber QB. Jury's out on Geno (or Simms) and who knows who will be next if neither is the answer. I'm picking 5-11 or 6-10 because I think QB will be a major issue as I see the team flip flopping between Geno and Snatchez and Rex making bonehead decisions because his professional life is on the line.

You can't see past your *******.

Veteran
    JETS
    11 - 5 we win the division

PATS - not the same team they once was
    PHINS - a whole lot of Hype "don't believe it"
    BILLS - dead before it even started

Right now, if Smith starts the season, we need to build in some games to growing pains for the QB and the offense, but it will be interesting to see how MM can mask some of those growing pains. I think the wildcat and option offense could really be a bigger part of the offense than people think, especially with Smith at QB, I see MM and Lee being unconventional with the offense during the year, at least until Smith gets more comfortable and confident.

With a healthy and "right" Sanchez, I thought a 9-7 season wasn't far fetched, maybe even a run for a playoff spot, but if Geno starts, can't do more than 8-8.

But I'll root like hell and hope the Jets surprise.

2-14 after 2-0 start.

3rd overall pick, miss out on The Bridge and Clowney.

9-7
    Crazy season!
    6-4 at the bye
    Ball bounces Jets way for once as hustle by defense sets the tone & offense works with shorter fields, also kickers aren't automatic against us this year like last. Karma change.

Wins - losses
    1. win against Tampa (Jets D line & crowd set the tone for Freeman blunders)
    2.Loss at Foxboro ( close but no cigar, confidence builder for later)
    3.Win vs Bills (Jets D line dominates)
    4.Win at Tenn ( squeaker, Folk pulls it out)
    5.Win vs Steelers (they ain't what they used to be)
    6.loss at Falcons (Jets don't embarrass themselves vs Falcons small Front 7)
    7. Win at home vs Pats ( similar to air siren game, Pats fans going hiding)
    8 loss at Cinn (Bengals D dominates)
    9. Win Saints ( Saints D is horrible)
    10. Bye
    11 win vs Bills (Bill have no healthy QB by this time)
    12. loss to Ravens (no answer for Ray Rice)
    13. Loss vs Fins (we always blow a home game to the Fins)
    14. win vs Raiders (Jets finally get home game & payback)
    15. loss vs Panthers (Cam slips away & abuses our slow LBs)
    16.Win at Fins ( win & in scenario for Jets, jets with home field advantage in Miami)
    Last edited by jetster; 09-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Right now, if Smith starts the season, we need to build in some games to growing pains for the QB and the offense, but it will be interesting to see how MM can mask some of those growing pains. I think the wildcat and option offense could really be a bigger part of the offense than people think, especially with Smith at QB, I see MM and Lee being unconventional with the offense during the year, at least until Smith gets more comfortable and confident.

With a healthy and "right" Sanchez, I thought a 9-7 season wasn't far fetched, maybe even a run for a playoff spot, but if Geno starts, can't do more than 8-8.

But I'll root like hell and hope the Jets surprise.
    Talk about speaking in circles. Afraid to put you neck on the line for fear of getting burned like your 12-4 prediction last year? Wins and losses Rah Rah. How many has the Jets in 2013???

You can't see past your *******.
    I picked 7-9 last year and was off by a game. Why is this years guess any less valid?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Talk about speaking in circles. Afraid to put you neck on the line for fear of getting burned like your 12-4 prediction last year? Wins and losses Rah Rah. How many has the Jets in 2013???

Afraid of what? Bungholes like you?

I just gave you my prediction shortbus.

Ummmmmm you did? All I see is what you "thought" with a healthy Snatchez, and a ceiling of 8 wins if Smith starts (which is looking likely). For a real prediction you would have to state the floor along with the ceiling. You DO know what's the definition of prediction, don't you? So what is it, oh great prognosticator?

I think we'll go 7-9 or 8-8 (not bad for a team that's rebuilding). If we luck out, maybe we win 9.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    2-14 after 2-0 start.

3rd overall pick, miss out on The Bridge and Clowney.
    That would be a tragedy. Especially when we end up picking another USC bust.

All League
    Jets start out awful. 1-5.

Then turn it around, 8-2 rest of the way.

If lucky, enter the playoffs as a wild card and on a hot streak.

5-11 or 6-10 (at beast).

Jets Insider VIP
    Guys, I just posted a thread with a link that will allow you to compile your detailed predictions in a google form.
    The results appear as histograms in the original post.

Give it a try!

4-12

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That would be a tragedy. Especially when we end up picking another USC bust.
    Lee wont be a bust

9-7 better OC, better QB mor talen on defrnse

Still waiting for a REAL prediction Rah. Saying at MOST 8 wins isn't a prediction as you claim. We need an AT LEAST if you want a legit prediction. They go 2 and 14 and you can claim you were right all along. So show some stones for a change. Give the folks here a REAL prediction instead of the usual insults and empty chest thumping.