Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Season record prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Still waiting for a REAL prediction Rah. Saying at MOST 8 wins isn't a prediction as you claim. We need an AT LEAST if you want a legit prediction. They go 2 and 14 and you can claim you were right all along. So show some stones for a change. Give the folks here a REAL prediction instead of the usual insults and empty chest thumping.
    You're right, 8 is way high.

4 wins is reasonable. 2 vs the Pats, and then split with both the Bills and Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You're right, 8 is way high.

4 wins is reasonable. 2 vs the Pats, and then split with both the Bills and Dolphins.
    Sounds good. I'm okay with the Pats going 14-2 this year.

I'll even go so far as to pull a Ray and promise the Pats will win AT MOST 14 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sounds good. I'm okay with the Pats going 14-2 this year.
    Only if Mallett starts. Brady will only get you so far. it's the same ending every year. Heartbreaking.

4-12. Last in the AFC East

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Hope to God you're right ... You do have us winning every game vs bad teams ... Every game vs teams deemed to be about or slightly better than us ... As well as beating Cinci ... Who most feel is 2 levels or so above us (albeit losing to Ravens who many would also say is 2 levels above us) ... May you please be right!
    I'm just saying we have a good chance in those games. We might even have a chance against the Pats in splitting. We have 8 games at home and should have a very good chance in those. Bills, Tenn, Fins at home are very possible wins. It depends a lot on the bounce of the ball and players confidence. Does Steven Hill drop balls in key moments? Who knows.

All Pro
    5-11 at most that is if the defense wins a few games if we are relying on the offense 3-13.

Better offense than last season. Just compare the preseasons. Defense comparable to last seasons. Jets will surprise a few teams. I've seen this scenario before when the Jets were picked to be horrible and they come thru with a decent season 9-7 !

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    5-11 at most that is if the defense wins a few games if we are relying on the offense 3-13.
    Because that's what happened during our train wreck of a season last year, right?

Jets often do well when pundits have us stinking up the joint. Much better offensive coaching, OL at least as good as last years', QB play can't possibly we worse, receiving corps no worse and likely better than last year and the ground game improves. On defense we are younger, faster, hungrier. Can't see us doing worse than last year. As far as tougher schedule is concerned, there is a great deal of change from year to year in the NFL. Let's see how truly tough some of the teams in the middle of our schedule will really be. Guaranteed that some of the easy losses people see will not materialize and some of the "easier" games in the closing part of our schedule will not be so easy. We'll probably be within one game of .500, unless Geno really matures fast, in which case I see us doing better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    2-14 after 2-0 start.

3rd overall pick, miss out on The Bridge and Clowney.
    Some fan you are.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    9-7

All Pro
    after a couple of shots of Green Kool-Aid: 9-7, wildcard berth

Thinking logically: 7-9

This is a 9 win team. Will we get there? We'll probably be off by one, I say 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Now that the regular season is upon us and all of the offseason moves have pretty much come to a close, what do you think the Jets record will be?

I figure somewhere around 5-11. I think the defense will be good. IMO, not as good as any other defense we have had under Rex Ryan, but still a good defense. Probably a top 15 defense. I also believe the ST's will be improved. After having such a terrible year on ST's last season, I can only see the unit being better. The offense should be better over the long term, but I cannot see the offense being very productive this season. They got better along the OL. They added some youth and actually got some badly needed depth. I love the Willie Colon FA move. I love the guys attitude and assuming he stays healthy, I can definitely see the OL as a whole being better. Kellen Winslow seems to be a good addition as well and should give the QB another weapon in the passing game.

However, that is where it ends for the offense. The passing game will be a nightmare this season. Whoever plays QB will never get any respect from opposing defenses. They will sell out and stop our running game and challenge the QB to throw the ball. It's that simple.

Overall, this is a rebuilding season for the team. The FO is paving the way for a championship run in anywhere from 2-3 seasons from now. They are on schedule. The team will need to go through a bad season or two to complete the rebuilding process. 2013 is the worst part of the rebuilding process.
    4-12

Tampa Bay - WIN (1-0)
    @New England - LOSS (1-1)
    Buffalo - WIN (2-1)
    @Tennessee - WIN (3-1)
    @Atlanta - LOSS (3-2)
    Pittsburgh - LOSS (3-3)
    New England - LOSS (3-4)
    @Cincinnati - WIN (4-4)
    New Orleans - LOSS (4-5)
    Bye
    @Buffalo - LOSS (4-6)
    @Baltimore - LOSS (4-7) - Sanchez is Benched for the Last Time after this game.
    Miami - WIN (5-7)
    Oakland - WIN (6-7)
    @Carolina - LOSS (7-7)
    Cleveland - WIN (8-7)
    @Miami - LOSS (8-8)

Final 2013 Record, 8-8
    Last edited by Churchill; 09-01-2013 at 11:37 PM.

All League
    another thread infested with trolls

Geno 4-12
    Sanchez 8-8

I believe AFCE is won with 9 wins this year, which is possible for us. All 4 teams are weakened and kind of blah.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Some fan you are.
    I am the ULTIMATE!

And I even stay on a JETS messageboard! Not some ghey Pasts* board, or Bills board, or Dollfins board... But JETS- the team I like!

Crazy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Geno 4-12
    Sanchez 8-8

I believe AFCE is won with 9 wins this year, which is possible for us. All 4 teams are weakened and kind of blah.
    Patriots are a 9 win team? No way. 11 sounds right.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Tampa Bay - WIN (1-0)
    @New England - LOSS (1-1)
    Buffalo - WIN (2-1)
    @Tennessee - WIN (3-1)
    @Atlanta - LOSS (3-2)
    Pittsburgh - LOSS (3-3)
    New England - LOSS (3-4)
    @Cincinnati - WIN (4-4)
    New Orleans - LOSS (4-5)
    Bye
    @Buffalo - LOSS (4-6)
    @Baltimore - LOSS (4-7) - Sanchez is Benched for the Last Time after this game.
    Miami - WIN (5-7)
    Oakland - WIN (6-7)
    @Carolina - LOSS (7-7)
    Cleveland - WIN (8-7)
    @Miami - LOSS (8-8)

Final 2013 Record, 8-8
    Does 9-7 put us in the playoffs? I don't think Rex is fired for a .500 season, but "choking" in a big spot would definitely be a big strike against him . . .